Page 637 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 137537587627633634635636637638639640641647687737 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 10378
    Found the new Magna Guard and Droid Fighters at Baldwin Park WM. They wouldn't ring up, but the lady working the self check out scanned an AAT twice to charge me after being instructed to do so by the acting manager who took FOREVER to get there. Luckily, it was early in the morning and no one was in line behind me.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Found the new Magna Guard and Droid Fighters at Baldwin Park WM. They wouldn't ring up, but the lady working the self check out scanned an AAT twice to charge me after being instructed to do so by the acting manager who took FOREVER to get there. Luckily, it was early in the morning and no one was in line behind me.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Nice get! We haven't seen these up here just yet.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Not anymore as I bought the Yavin pack. 24.99 to me is better than the 26.39 that Target wants for them.
    that's just highway robbery. And you're not even getting 5 figures/items for that price. (i know that's been discussed millions of times, but i had to say it again anyway)

I got the Magna Guard Fighter and Vulcher Droid Fighter at Target this morning.

I opened up the first one and am very pleased with what I bought. It's light and simple, but a perfect toy for kids and collectors and it brings more firepower to the Separatist cause. One might worry that the CIS would get overlooked by Hasbro when fascination with the Clone Army is at an all-time high. Such is not the case.

I bought the Magna fighter for IG-88 to use in my Expanded Universe scene from Shadows of the Empire (when he fights Boba Fett in Slave-One over Tatooine with the carbon frozen Han Solo as the prize). However, I might purchase 2 more of these for actual Magna Guards to use in combat against the new Y-Wing which I'll want for Anakin and Ahsoka (and R2D2).

I also got the Enterprise ship at Target. Then took advantage of their Star Trek sale to get some money back from Toys R Us on the bridge and transporter playsets (saved $12 and Target gave me a price guarantee on the figures I bought there, so add $2 more into it for a total of $14).

Toys R Us is having a sale on Terminator toys. The vehicles (most stores only have the Hunter-Killer aircraft) are $15 each compared to $20 regularly. I bought 2 so that could be $10 more in savings. The sale is good through 5-23, but selection might become limited with the movie release later this week.

Tycho, it's "Vulture".

Anyway, glad to hear those are hitting, I am going to pick both up I guess, though I'm not entirely sure of the magna fighter, it looks a bit plain.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked up CW Kit Fisto and the Hoth Rebel Soldier variant (no skirt) at Target today.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Cool Snags! Were there any Rancors there?

Question for you Transformer nuts from an old school Transformer nut! Is there any differences between the Masterpiece Prime releases? On e-bay the one that comes with the trailer is a lot more than buying the 2 separate. I remember seeing the Prime at Target and passing. Is the Japanese release better? I think I'm going to start buying the masterpieces. I just hope they make SKY FIRE!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post

Question for you Transformer nuts from an old school Transformer nut! Is there any differences between the Masterpiece Prime releases? On e-bay the one that comes with the trailer is a lot more than buying the 2 separate. I remember seeing the Prime at Target and passing. Is the Japanese release better? I think I'm going to start buying the masterpieces. I just hope they make SKY FIRE!
    There were 2 "versions" of the Masterpiece Prime WITHOUT a trailer released in the US.

The first was painted darker and more realistically, and seemed to have "carbon scoring" from battle (very slight - like across his front grill). It looked more metallica (and the body is metallic!) so this is my preferred version. El Chuxter picked him up for me at a Target store, I presume. Prime has got to be my favorite toy I own out of all my toys, btw.

The second release, included a talking display stand and possibly a DVD from the G1 cartoon show. I don't think it was Peter Cullen's voice though. However, I already had Prime at this point and didn't pay too much attention. The figure was probably still made with a metal body, but he was painted closer to the G1 cartoon and hence looked less realistic.

I ended up ordering my seeker jets from Japan, but as far as Optimus goes, I'm truly not sure which version you get.

I've never see the version with his trailer up close and personal, but I might have bought that instead if it were available when I got Prime in 2004. However, the trailer is not always a part you want to display with him anyway. Of course it costs more. You can also order the trailer by itself through some Japanese sources (or eBay) if you want to add it later.

It costing more I mean Prime alone in 100 and then the trailer is 75. If you buy the 2 pack it's like 250.

What about the jets and Grimlock? I see they are accessories for some of them? Like Primes little car and gun. Grimlock has something too right right? How about the jets?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I got my jets from Hobby Link Japan (I think) - overseas. I paid about $115 for each of them after shipping, import tax, etc.

The jets just had extra missile packages (to use in jet mode as alternatives to Starscream's nullray cannons) and that professor guy from the G1 cartoon (possibly non-painted) that is non-poseable and can ride in the cockpit.

I'm not sure.

Megatron had the Krimzik character (an energy being), add-on's for the Walther P.38 (but not everything), his blaster and energy mace he used in the 1986 cartoon, his main cannon lights up, and he has a sword.

I didn't buy Grimlock and have no plans to. I'd have gladly paid $200 for a properly scaled one that is larger, not smaller, than Prime or Megatron, but that's not what's being offered. He has a softgoods apron, I've seen in photos, his sword and twin barrelled blaster. You can gather the rest by photographs. But again, in a world where Cybertronians shape-shift to hide their presence, would YOU really transform into a stories-high robotic dinosaur and expect no one to notice?