Page 638 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 10380
    Oh come on thats not the point. At least not for me. I had all the Dinobots when I was a kid and at least he looks beter that those.

BTW I saw the Prime variants on e-bay. There's the one you have loose for 99 and the 2 pack looks to be the cleaner version for 250. I don't really care which one it is as long as I get the trailer.

Is there any word od future MP releases?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post

I wish there were. I think the triple changers (Blitzwing, Astrotrain, and the Autobot Springer) would be awesome in Masterpiece representation.

Imagine what they could do with a real, working Constructicon combiner - either based on the original or Michael Bay's! (To build Devastator might cost $600, but the complete payment wouldn't be due at once. We might get 2 vehicles a year or something, making this one of the ultimate toylines to collect for a long term).

Question for you Transformer nuts from an old school Transformer nut! Is there any differences between the Masterpiece Prime releases? On e-bay the one that comes with the trailer is a lot more than buying the 2 separate. I remember seeing the Prime at Target and passing. Is the Japanese release better? I think I'm going to start buying the masterpieces. I just hope they make SKY FIRE!
    There are 2 US versions, the first version is the "20th anniversary" one, it has chrome parts, metallic paint with a couple weathered spots, and either a black or gray gun. The 2nd version is the "20th DVD movie anniversary" version (commemorating the 20th anniversary of the movie and its dvd release, but comes with no dvd), it has matte paint apps and flat decos with an orangey huge instead of red and no chrome anywhere (not even the eyes, which is a big deal in my book) in order to represent the animated model, comes with blue gun, and an additional stand. The original version is superior, but either is very good.
    http://tfu.info/2004/Autobot/20thPrime/optimusprime.htm
    http://tfu.info/2006/Autobot/20thDVD...timusprime.htm

The Japanese versions are the ones named "Masterpiece". The original is the same as the first one, except no wear paint, and the smokestacks are longer (almost too long). There's a white "Ultra Magnus" repaint of that, and then the regular Prime again with the Trailer. The Trailer itself is ok, a little spartan though, and is lacking Roller. I haven't experienced the trailer, but IMO it's not that useful since this figure is best in robot mode and the trailer isn't that exciting when not connected to a truck.

Be very careful, there are trailers out there in realistic-looking boxes by themselves that don't "transform", they are not the true version which only comes with Prime, they were made by another company, in the lower right corner it says "Just Toys" in orange.

Oh come on thats not the point. At least not for me. I had all the Dinobots when I was a kid and at least he looks beter that those.

BTW I saw the Prime variants on e-bay. There's the one you have loose for 99 and the 2 pack looks to be the cleaner version for 250. I don't really care which one it is as long as I get the trailer.

You can get a used Masterpiece/20th Anniversary Prime for $60 on ebay. If you need the trailer though, the Takara official version is gonna cost you between $200 and $250 (you probably won't get a huge bargain, but you may want to wait until Comic-Con, they had 'em in the dealers area) and it splits down the sides, has sculpted interiors, and that crane thing the original had. Roller was an exclusive and MUCH harder to get.

The Just Toys version came well before it, and is the outside of the trailer with a fold-down door in back, no sculpting inside. From the pics I've seen, it's fair if you don't care about it transforming.

Masterpiece Grimlock is the only thing right now, it just came out, no future plans public yet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey Turbo, I have an extra Masterpiece Skywarp brand new, sealed in the box if you want it. I was going to take it next weekend to Botcon and trade it or sell it but if you want it, it's yours for $85.

I have Skywarp. He's very cool, Turbo.

I have the 20th anniv. MP Prime. One of my favorite overall toys and I stumbled across it at an incredible clearance at Wally. Never really thought hard about getting the trailer, although it would be nice.

I don't have this, but always thought it was awesome -esp. if you're going to get a MP Trailer for Prime - his lil buddie
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...ail&picture=in

The scale of MP Grimlock matters not - from all the pics I've seen it looks like one of the best MPs yet. Flat out amazing. Light up sword and gun, switchable eyes in both modes, the chrome gold, g1 cartoon accessories, articulation -the works. If I could afford him, i'd have him by now. All MPs rule. Only got Prime, Megs and Starscream as of now. Highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Hey Turbo, I have an extra Masterpiece Skywarp brand new, sealed in the box if you want it. I was going to take it next weekend to Botcon and trade it or sell it but if you want it, it's yours for $85.
    Interesting. I'd rather get Prime 1st, but........... do you need any SW in trade? GG statues? Carded Unleashed?
    (Like my posts)

Interesting. I'd rather get Prime 1st, but........... do you need any SW in trade? GG statues? Carded Unleashed?
    Ah.. I need money for Botcon...

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Ah.. I need money for Botcon...
    Clear your PM box!
    (Like my posts)

Sales!

After getting an Acme giclee for a big discount yesterday, tonight I stumbled upon the Zazzle.com 70% off sale. Grabbed a large sized McQuarrie print of the droids talking to Bib Fortuna in Jabba's tunnel, and a large still from ESB of Luke hanging in the Wampa cave. $25 each with UV mattes, shipped. Not bad.