Page 64 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast
    My case of Wave 2 Comic Packs should be here today. Now I'm even more pumped after seeing those pics. Can't wait for Alpha ARC (just need to paint over the stain on his underwear) and "Bring Out the Gimp" Kenobi!!! Sweet.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Had a rare opportunity to goto Target at opening (Burbank). There are some new members of the Rogue's Gallery apparently, and some of them are into SW stuff. Boxcar Willie showed up late and managed to power walk around me and bolt for the Hot Wheels.
    That WAS you waiting up by the door... I could've given you that Fett had I known for sure

Snags, you might get away with just scraping the 'poo' off Alpha's crotch with an Xacto or razor blade. Most clonetrooper torsos & pelvises are pretty sturdy plastic and can easily be scraped of weathering.

Being a new father, wet-wipes are best for removing poo.

Got my Hasbro order today, (Collector Cases and a new TAC Biggs). Too bad they were sold out of the other stuff when I ordered.

Forgot to mention here that I finally found a V-Wing at Burbank Target on Tuesday night! I believe it was the same one that Toonimator returned. It was sitting in the cereal aisle!
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Forgot to mention here that I finally found a V-Wing at Burbank Target on Tuesday night! I believe it was the same one that Toonimator returned. It was sitting in the cereal aisle!

Kellogg's V-Wings. Stay crunchy in milk. All part of this nutritious breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyB View Post
    Found new comic 2 packs at tru today. Stashed them in torrance if anyone wants them.
    Thanks again for the stash JodyB. Torrance is a little bit further from Culver City then I thought it would be. These figures are great. The only figure I had a problem with is Luke Stormtrooper. The figure I got had a very loose chest joint.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Weird! I figured Headphones' doppleganger (backpack guy that mostly sticks with Titaniums) picked up the one I returned this morning. There was only one with no Infiltrators present... strange!

Appologies to CrunchyNug - that was his diorama idea I so admired (with the V-wing hanger) - and remember, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck
    Anyway, I went over to NoHo, only to find Headphones literallly running through the parking lot with a Target bag. He had already pilfered the store, and so when I got to the pegs, there was only the usual wall of Lushos Dofines, but two TAC Lukes and a TAC Han Solo. "Missed it by that much!"

Now I remember why I don't go to store openings.
    That's why I DO go to store openings. I won't pay these guys to grab these figures up and then scalp them to me, nor visit them at the Swap Meet (the closest thing we have to Frank & Scalpers)

But seeing Headphones running through a parking lot with a Target bag is a funny image. I've never seen him, but I picture a guy wearing the same crusty sweatsuit everyday, a radio headset of course, greasy unkempt hair, but not enough money to afford a car of his own. Perhaps he was racing across the lot to a bus stop?

Furthermore, (to Jango Speck) that employee insulted all of us when he insulted you. It's his job to stock and assist customers. If they have a store policy to not go into the back after stuff, then that's all he needs to say. It's not his right to reflect a prejudicial judgement on you or any other customer who asks for help. He can't say, "we don't assist black people, Jews, gays, Republicans, transgenders, whatever." In a toy isle, "collectors" as a demographic subgroup is going to be the most common. It is a slur when he says that and implies that collectors are also scalpers.

Back to what you were saying about not "doing the mornings," - I bet all of us would love to saunter in at 3pm or stop over after work and before dinner for a brief reprieve from rush hour or something, and find exactly whatever it is we're looking for on the pegs / shelves and so forth. But that's never been the way this hobby worked, unfortunately.

You're lucky when you get product that way.

That being said, it would be torture to be on these boards and be posting, "I just found 2006 Lushros Dofine MOMC" while someone else making a morning run just got the 2008 figures from the Clone Wars TV show by out-pacing Dirty Sanchez and Plumber Bob.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Just wanted to mention that the two figures I got from Hasbro today were in great shape- no bent cards or dented bubbles. I was sure they'd arrive damaged because they were wedged into a large box with 5 cases of Hasbro Cases. Everthing was great, and only covered in a small layer of bubble wrap.

Tycho: During ROTS, Target used to stock the pegs several times a day- so I could show up early, midday or late and have a good chance of finding stuff. The fact that they don't do midday stocking at all is why their policy of not getting stuff from the back is really frustrating. Their policy is achieving the very thing they claim to want to avoid- a frenzy of 8am collectors/scalpers getting everything, and kids getting nothing but disappointment. This whole problem would go away if the online retailers would carry this stuff in mass quantity.