Page 664 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,640 of 10329
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I finally got sucked into going to Crenshaw WM, holy crap is that place a dump! Makes the Panorama City store look good. They had nothing of note in the SW department except sadness.
    hahaha this made me LOL IRL. Good stuff, and I agree...that place is a PIT of Doom and Despair. I avoid it like the plague...

Interestingly enough, I always find something that I've been looking for when I go to Crenshaw WM, which is only around once every other month.

As far as WM's go, I've started making the trek out to Valencia WM. While the store looks many, many times better than Crenshaw and Panorama, the toy stocking seems no better, if at all.

Valencia is usually where I go as well. And I agree, it's usually no good...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRupert View Post
    hahaha this made me LOL IRL. Good stuff, and I agree...that place is a PIT of Doom and Despair. I avoid it like the plague...
    Awesome! That place LOOKS like the type that should be avoided. I didn't care one lick how much closer it was than the next one, it was skangy.

Valencia I've only been to once, it's quite a drive. It worked because I was going to Newhall Ranch WM where someone stashed something for me, and there was a TRU there too, so it made sense to make a big adventurous run when I knew there was a definite payoff. But it didn't look so good that I'd go back regularly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw the Y-Wing yesterday at TRU in Culver City.
    I'll be back over there this weekend, if it's still there, I'll grab it for you.
    I've seen the Lego version but didn't know this was out. I'll have to stop by.

The WM in Gardena off the 405 is pretty bad as well.

Valencia is usually where I go as well. And I agree, it's usually no good...
    So when it comes to Walmarts, we really don't have decent options in SoCal, do we? Great. Just great.

Actually, the one I called Valencia WM is probably what JT called Newhall Ranch? The one with a TRU right next to it (you'd think that combo would be a gold mine for toys!) I believe there are 2 other locations northwest and northeast of that one but I haven't ventured out there as I don't know the area that well. I know how to get to the aforementioned Walmart, Target on McBean and Magic Mountain and Six Flags Magic Mountain and that's about it.

I picked up a second ARF trooper from La Brea Target today but still have not found a single figure with Clone Cash coupons inside.

Crenshaw and Panorama City Wal Marts are the two-story variety. For some reason, those are the worst.

99% of the time, when I was hunting, a long late night or early morning run to all the Santa Clarita area WM's was usually a total bust.

That said, I agree with the poster who said that CW figs are sucking them back in. I am still not buying, but I found new waves the other day that looked great. I guess creating a figure based on a CGI show will yield perfect results versus trying to make a figure based on a live action show.

Noticed that Burbank TRU had a crapload of BMF the other day-still full price. Target had the Turbo Tank. Wish I had room for a BMF, but there's just no way.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post
    I've seen the Lego version but didn't know this was out. I'll have to stop by.

The WM in Gardena off the 405 is pretty bad as well.
    It's out, but it's $69.99. It's a cool ship, but really? 70 bucks? I don't think so...

Jango Speck:
    It's me who was getting sucked back in by the Clone Wars figures. I fought it for awhile, but I just gave up because they look really, really cool . The best SW figures they've ever done in my opinion. Heck, I even really like the design and size of the new cards. I'm hooked. And I think you're right...a lot of it has to do with basing the molds off of a CGI show as opposed to reality. It just makes for better looking figures in my opinion.

Figrin Bran:
    We really do get the short end of the stick when it comes to Wal Marts. It sucks. There are a couple of Wal Marts past the one in Newhall. One up near Magic Mountain and then a bunch of them up the 14 in Palmdale and Lancaster. It just sucks that we have to drive so freakin' far to get to one - and sucks even more because they all seem to get hit so hard. I rarely find what I'm looking for at Wal Marts, so it's not even worth the gas money for the ginormous drive in my opinion

Has anyone seen the Clonetrooper Denal figure? That's the only one I'm missing right now...

I saw/picked up Denal at Walmart about three weeks ago, but haven't seen him once since. If I come across another I'll stash.

If anyone is still looking for the Clone Turbo Tank, I just got one from Target.com for $65 shipped. Use coupon 4MMHDHBE (thanks to Crunchy for the tip)

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

BAM! I couldn't believe that one. I've been holding out for a decent price on that thing and here it is on Target.com. I think it's a Hasbro deal where you get-

$10 off $30 or more
    $20 off $60 or more
    $30 off $90 or more

The code gets you an additional 10% off PLUS free shipping. It'll come to $65.84. WOW.