Page 678 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 178578628668674675676677678679680681682688728778 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 10380
    Walking into Dodger Stadium is amazing, but the crowds, traffic and price of food/beer is enough to keep me away. I did see Foo Fighters and the Police last year, but the beer line was over an hour long- F that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Walking into Dodger Stadium is amazing, but the crowds, traffic and price of food/beer is enough to keep me away. I did see Foo Fighters and the Police last year, but the beer line was over an hour long- F that!
    Hey, I was at that concerto too.

Yeah, I have been only once in my life to a Dodger game. It was a good/interesting experience, but I don't see myself going back like in 10 years!

Porter Ranch TRU had three Commander Ponds figures on the pegs if anyone still needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    LOL!!

I'd rather watch a soccer match (but then again, I'm mexican).
    Adrian Gonzalez (1B)
    Edgar Gonzalez (2B, RF)
    Henry Blanco (C)
    Eliazar Alfonso (C)

possibly

Everth Cabrera (SS)
    Louis Salazar (LF)

Are all Mexican and they do NOT put anyone to sleep at San Diego Padres games!

The Dodgers are just the Dodgers but possibly bound for the World Series.

But San Diego has come together. Watch us win the rest of our games this year (including the Dodgers on the 29 and 30).

And we will be a contender in beisbol next year!

terrible. On 3 SW/collecting sites regularly and no one wants to go. Might as well be trekkies. It's unlimited free food (w/tkt purchase) excluding beer. Free exclusive shirt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Adrian Gonzalez (1B)
    Edgar Gonzalez (2B, RF)
    Henry Blanco (C)
    Eliazar Alfonso (C)

possibly

Everth Cabrera (SS)
    Louis Salazar (LF)

Are all Mexican and they do NOT put anyone to sleep at San Diego Padres games!

The Dodgers are just the Dodgers but possibly bound for the World Series.

But San Diego has come together. Watch us win the rest of our games this year (including the Dodgers on the 29 and 30).

And we will be a contender in beisbol next year!
    Well, what I meant was that in Mexico we grow up watching Soccer as the main sport and the majority of Mexicans prefer it over any sport, so it's not fair of me to judge baseball as a boring game. There is a baseball league in Mexico, though.
    Still, Mexican-Americans will prefer baseball 1,000 times over Soccer. But thanks for the info, Tycho. I didn't know there were so many Mexicans playing with the Padres. I thought they were all Dominican or Puerto Rican.

Baseball is just too darned slow to watch sitting at the stadium, especially when you can stay home and watch it on TV where you can see the action clearly and change channels when it gets boring (read: 2nd inning).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Baseball is just too darned slow to watch sitting at the stadium, especially when you can stay home and watch it on TV where you can see the action clearly and change channels when it gets boring (read: 2nd inning).
    Yeah there's a reason why they sell beer you know Mike. I don't care how fast a guy runs or if there is a home run. I find the game it's self to be boring and a game played by over paid whiners that take drugs. These guys are not heroes. Anyways.....The funny thing is I like playing it.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

You like the drugs, right Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Baseball is 10 times better watched live at the stadium versus football.

I had 50 yardline (mid-level) seats for the Chargers' pre-season game against Seattle. AT THE GAME, I couldn't tell what happened in a pile-up until the leading referee announced it. With football on TV, every camera angle is re-shown for any key down and I can make up my mind for myself about "what just happened."

In most plays in baseball - I can see it quite clearly at a live game. There are some plays, pitches, tags etc. that are best decided (by fans) with instant-replay.

Baseball is not boring. With 2 outs in the top of the 9th inning, the Padres down 6-11, they came back and struck for 4 runs (with 2 men out, mind you) and nearly tied it up with the Rockies, finally losing 10-11, but not for a lack of effort on their part. And the whole game was played in a downpour of rain!

I just haaad to bring up sports around Tycho......

At Bran's favorite P.City wally, they had a few of the CW excl. 2 packs. My first time seein em. I like the Thire pack, but I'm not collecting that line & thus don't need it that bad. Although he is a cmdr looking clone - nah, i took back my Cmdr Ponds anyway. Wheelie is pegwarming so bad he may even best the Neimodian Warrior.