Page 679 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729779 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 10424
    I got my Jedi wave today and the Scout doesn't look that bad. All the figures look great on the cards. It will hurt to open them for the droid parts.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I knew u would see the light TW. I have yet to find that scout.

Hit up Porter ranch TRU and wally. Nothing good at TRU save for the one new Y-wing. Box dinged on the corner. As far as SW, Wally had the 3 new Evol. packs. Lots of Rebel & Imp. pilots, but only one Commando pack with a ripped box. TFwise they had 2 LC Jetfires. This was at 3:30ish. I was excited since it was my first time seein him & he was only $35, but passed for now -owe 2 friends some $ (one for SW in Concert). JF will probably get some kind of update or repaint anyway like H always does -then if i can find him at a good price again I'll get him.

Still looking for the B.A.D. Biker scout and TPM padawan Obi-wan.
    Last edited by bikerscout; 09-25-2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: grammar

Just thought I'd mention that a friend of mine is participating in a block-long yard sale this Saturday, September 26th:

7 AM, 7000 block of Lasaine Ave. in West Van Nuys (Lake Balboa.) At least two homes will be putting out SW figures/collectibles.

My friend says he will have 160 clones plus 200 older figures - many troopers - available.

Good luck!

- J

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Yeah there's a reason why they sell beer you know Mike. I don't care how fast a guy runs or if there is a home run. I find the game it's self to be boring and a game played by over paid whiners that take drugs. These guys are not heroes. Anyways.....The funny thing is I like playing it.
    I don't drink, so all I got is overpriced hot dogs. The pacing is the biggest problem IMO, that and the fact that watching millionaires play a game is a little ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Baseball is 10 times better watched live at the stadium versus football.

I had 50 yardline (mid-level) seats for the Chargers' pre-season game against Seattle. AT THE GAME, I couldn't tell what happened in a pile-up until the leading referee announced it. With football on TV, every camera angle is re-shown for any key down and I can make up my mind for myself about "what just happened."
    Suuuure, nothing like watching nobody score for 90% of the game, the majority of which don't even get on base and there's no drama, over a game where EVERY SINGLE DOWN has action and most have drama.

Of course you don't know what happened in a pile-up, but the rest of the game you know as much as anybody (if they have to get the chains, nobody knows), you can even see flags thrown before the home audience.

Then again, I'm a basketball guy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd like as many as possible to check out that sale in Lake Balboa, in part b/c MJ's friend is putting out some items for me since i can't attend. (when i came by yesterday he showed me the TT in all it's glory - man, i regret returning it now.. superawesome tank!!!!)

Also, for the OC peeps, there's another garage sale with a ton of collectibles & other stuff being held in Lake Forest this Sat. too. Here's the CL ad:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/gms/1387843916.html

Please spread the word about both of these sales!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up another Rum Sleg, a TPM Amidala and an Ahsoka Jedi Starfighter (on sale for $18) today at Target.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Rum is pretty cool huh, The best figure in awhile, but the Jedi wave has some cool ones though.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Rum is pretty cool huh, The best figure in awhile, but the Jedi wave has some cool ones though.
    Yeah dude, I even bought one to keep carded, which I usually don't do anymore.

Looking forward to getting the next three waves: ROTJ, ANH and ESB. Not too excited about the ROTS wave, though - aside from Concept IG-88 that wave looks like a dud.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Yeah dude, I even bought one to keep carded, which I usually don't do anymore.

Looking forward to getting the next three waves: ROTJ, ANH and ESB. Not too excited about the ROTS wave, though - aside from Concept IG-88 that wave looks like a dud.

-Snags
    That wave with the EU crap that comes with the OT BG droid is horrible. I know you might like it, but Solos kids really??????? A goat Jedi?? A POTF2 looking Spactrooper and a BIG LOTS no name Droid?

Anyways dude you will love the Jedi wave! All the figures are kick butt, but Luke!!The BAD droids are awesome! I still can't believe after all these years we finally got the Blue Astro that we see from behind in the hall. Man I just wish that these young punk kids loved the OT like some of us do. It saddens me to hear them saying the PT and EU is better that the OT. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAT THE OT!
    (Like my posts)

Right on. I like some of the EU stuff (especially the Marvel comics stuff and of course McQuarrie) but OT still rules.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]