Page 697 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707747797 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 10380
    I bought Sulu and got Chekov free. I'm going to use the Chekov head on an appropriate 3 3/4" body to make Kyle Reese to ride with Marcus in my towtruck.

I looked at all the 3 3/4" figures that TRU was carrying and I didn't find a body I liked for Kyle, so the search will continue.

I want to see the Logan figures again from Wolverine, but TRU was out of them.

I also bought a "Battle Machines" Mustang from TRU. This car ($14.99 I think) is a replica black 2006 Mustang that can hold 3 3/4" figures pretty easily I imagine (it's larger than the similar Transformers Alternators Mustang - Wheeljack) but it has its windows sealed with "bullet-proofing steel," giving it a rather cool look. I think it will work nicely for a burned-out vehicle the Resistance might have used for the bridge scene with that towtruck I bought.

I will continue to look for other vehicles that might be useful in that scale. I think a semi-truck and one more car of some sort (or pick-up truck) will do. Oh - I also plan to get that GI Joe Cobra SUV and will cover or remove the Cobra symbols and perhaps either remove the weaponry or color it less "toyetic" and more burned-out background vehicle for the scene as well.

Still sucks that for a 3 3/4" scene there will be no Terminator figures (of robots themselves - though Skynet didn't need them quite then) and just Marcus and Kyle will be in the scene (when I customize Kyle).

I wonder if Playmates will atempt new figures (ever? and for Terminator 5? In this scale?) I hope so.

Rumors before - posted in this thread - suggest that Playmates was going to do Terminator 1 & 2 figures for this line as well. I'd love 'em all plus Sarah Connor Chronicles - however - Future Wars is the most toyetic.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I didn't know Battle Machines had gone to the 1:18 scale, all the ones I have are 1:64 scale. I'll have to look out for that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know what the scale is, but I may try and set up this Terminator scene later. It could be on display when you visit. Unpainted of course - though I'll post pictures of the unpainted "Terminator meets Disney display."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

3.75" figures are 1:18 scale. If figures can fit in the car, that's 1:18, a popular die-cast scale. The next one down is 1:24th, which is too small to get a 3.75" figure into, the Alternators and Human Alliance Transformers figures are 1:24th scale.

According to the manufacturer's website, they are making Battle Machines in 1:64, 1:32, and 1:24th scale, so I don't think your 3.75" figures will actually fit in the Mustang you bought. Also, unfortunately, the Mustang is the only one currently in the 1:24 line, they have it across 8 decos. What bums me out about that is that all the other Battle Machine designs in the line have weapons EXCEPT the Mustang.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Chekov seems like he would fit in the Mustang, however they have side-guards inside the vehicle as part of its deco that make it difficult to position him right. I also don't think there's enough floor space under the dash to fit his legs with his butt in the seat. BTW, the Mustang is a bit larger than Alternators Wheeljack.

However, Chekov fits in the towtruck just fine. I think the Tonka truck is a little larger than it should be to go with the Mustang, but as I would gather Playmates is never going to continue this Terminator line, except perhaps for Terminator 5 (tenatively called: Terminator The Box Office Demise), I'm best off doing what I'm doing. And I'll get that GI Joe Cobra SUV with my Target coupon for $5 off SW, Trans, or GI Joe toys since I don't think there's any SW or TF stuff that I need right now (Maybe I should pick up more Super BDs, BDs, or Kit Fisto, another Ventress - whatever - but I'm not sure what I'll be using and what I have right now. I need to sort my CW stuff - and I'd sworn I'd never start collecting this line! Grrrrrrrr!)

Anyway Playmates was going to have 2 more vehicles in their Terminator Salvation line: a towtruck (ridden in by Marcus and Kyle) and a helicopter (several were seen being piloted by John $*#!~%! Connor)

I got my first AT-TE at TRU today! I used a $5 TRU rewards coupon plus a clone cash coupon to decrease the 49.99 price by $10.

also bought a Scanning Crew at Valencia WM.

Brandon! You're alive! Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Chekov seems like he would fit in the Mustang, however they have side-guards inside the vehicle as part of its deco that make it difficult to position him right. I also don't think there's enough floor space under the dash to fit his legs with his butt in the seat. BTW, the Mustang is a bit larger than Alternators Wheeljack.
    I saw a few of these at TRU today, It's actually about 1:22nd scale rather than 1:24th, I'd say, but it's still too small to really fit a 1:18th scale figure. You might be able to cram him in though, it's not like it has to be to true scale, but I would suspect that unless they tampered heavily with the interior, it'd look like Dino on the Flintstones just before he busted through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I got my first AT-TE at TRU today! I used a $5 TRU rewards coupon plus a clone cash coupon to decrease the 49.99 price by $10.

also bought a Scanning Crew at Valencia WM.
    Nice get! I also got my first AT-TE at TRU today, but didn't have any coupons to go with it.

Only TLC figures I saw were Luke Jedi, Nien B-wing, and Malakili at Target Burbank, IIRC.

This was a horrible black friday, maybe even worse than last year.

Culver City Target had the Rishi Moon Outpost Attack and Geonosis Assault battle packs, so I bought them and used a $5 coupon in the process.

Rishi Moon is pretty good, I would have liked to have seen a shiny actually be SHINY, but otherwise he's pretty decent. Didn't know they had changed the helmet design from the earliest figure, that was a nice surprise, this one's a little more accurate to the show. The commando droids aren't as subtly painted as the single, but decent none the less. The commander's vibro-sword is nifty and I appreciate the removable electro effect. Plus, removable helmet!

Geonosis Assault is ok but not as exciting as I had hoped. The removable helmet is a little awkward in the "face", this clone body is still bulky, and they weren't pilots in the pods. Never the less, the end result is still keen enough, but I don't know if I'll bother getting 2, I never look at the other side of my gunship.

BAD Warning

Just wanted to pass this bit of info alog about the BAD waves. I have noticed that at both the Valencia Target and WalMart that the droid part has been ripped out of the packaging. Make sure that if you buy any of the newer waves to check the back to make sure the droid part is still intact. I've noticed the missing parts in both the ROTJ and ANH waves. I noticed it on both the cantina figures from ANH at WalMart today and a Nikto figure the other day at Target. This may just be isolated to the Valencia area but it may be happening in other areas so double check to ensure you don't get ripped off.