Page 701 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 201601651691697698699700701702703704705711751801 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 10286
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Tycho, I have an L8-L9 head.
    Do I have anything you need for a trade? PM and we'll finalize the deal or I can buy it off you if nothing else.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I have been selling off my carded collection, which leaves me with extra Hasbro collector cases (of the ROTS and SW varieties).

If anyone is interested, I'll part with these (large lots preferably) for .25 cents apiece.
    Thanks Jango for hooking me up with a bunch of cases! I am very grateful.
    Burbank TRU had a bunch of Endor Attack and Slave 1 GH cinema scenes. Slave 1 is pretty cool, but hopefully will be on sale soon (24.99 at TRU).

X-Wing

Saw the Red Leader XWing at NoHo Target tonight- man, the paint job looks horrible on the ship. It's not white, not grey, kind of yellow/beige. I guess the only good part is the yellow ladder?

I got another Saurin at Target this morning. They had 2 of the cantina girl but only 1 Saurin. My guess is an employee raid? Don't know. I thought there'd be 2.

They also had the new battlepacks and I saw the Ewok with the glider (it's Romba I think) but I didn't pull the trigger on it. It looks like they used the vintage mold or maybe that was from the Deluxe Ewok that came out in 2003 or 2004? It looked familiar.

I bought a Jeligrub battlepack with the worm (doesn't come with Tequilla but includes a Clone Trooper instead). I know I ordered this from ToysRUs.com, but I might as well keep one as insurance. I can return it to Target at any time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's the Saga Ultra Ewok from a few years ago.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's the Saga Ultra Ewok from a few years ago.
    I think you're 50% correct here. Warok is based on the Graak figure from 2007's TAC 2-pack, BUT the glider is definitely from the Saga Ultra Ewok.

Exactly, I was only talking about the glider mold itself since that's what Tycho asked about, not the figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

I bought a Jeligrub battlepack with the worm (doesn't come with Tequilla but includes a Clone Trooper instead). I know I ordered this from ToysRUs.com, but I might as well keep one as insurance. I can return it to Target at any time.
    thought u weren't gonna get that pack?

I always was going to get the Jeligrub. I just don't need 2 of them.

CRAZY Update!

I went to two Wal-marts tonight. At the first, they had an endcap of the new AT-STs selling for $30 each. I figured that was a good price, but I'd think on it while on my way to the other Wal-Mart.

I still do NOT want to upgrade or replace my 1995 / vintage AT-STs if it can be helped. They are part of my collecting history and not the latest thing as of only yesterday. Besides, I want to spend, but on a Jabba's Sailbarge for the 3 3/4" or save my money to order a custom made-to-order Star Destroyer for even $1K if I have to spend that much.

So I go to the 2nd Wal-Mart and the AT-STs there are $43 each.

With a 90-day return priviledge, I figure I can't go too wrong. So I return to the first Wal-Mart and price check the walkers with an employee. Sure enough: $30 at that store.

I have 6 1995 / vintage walkers in storage whose legs might be bent.

So I bought 6 more new ones, just in case. As I get to checking my old walkers, I can start returning these new ones if need be.

However, the old walkers were $20 each back in the day. $20 x 6 = $120.

These walkers at $30 were $30 x 6 = $180 (or $195 after tax).

But saving $13 per walker from them being marked down from the $46 price, I saved $13 x 6 or $78 on the modern price.

$195 (final price tonight) - $120 old-school price = $75

So I actually come out ahead by saving $78 on the modern price, or saving $3 more than I spent on the inflation-adjusted price (on sale of course).

I realize I would have saved $195 if I didn't buy anything, but I may be returning walkers yet if my old ones are still useable. I'm not as interested in improvements and upgrades as I am never-made-vehicles (or never-updated-ones for the POTF2 and beyond line - like the Twin Pod Cloud Car).