Page 704 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 204604654694700701702703704705706707708714754804 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 10288
    Microjow: I will be checking and updating my BAD parts available for trade this week in the "What is your BAD status?" thread in the Legacy Collection section of the forums. I'll see if I can help you out, but you'll probably have to help me remember what you're looking for. I have a lot of things on my table this week.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

After straightening the pegs at W.Ho Target on Saturday, I went back today to find them worse than ever. More of the TLC figures had sold through too and were replaced with CW, suggesting it really is all about the shoddy presentation confusing employees and customers alike. Lucasfilm should never have insisted on this packaging that makes it impossible for stockers to figure out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes, but isn't it only a case of computer inventory and automatic replenishing.

For example, if the case for Legacy is No. xxxx and the case for CW is yyyy and the case for Legends is zzzz:

If there are 12 figures per case and they are stocked on ANY peg, all mixed together, the computer inventory will have records of 12x, 12y, and 12z.

Then when all the Legacy (x) sell out, the computer will re-order more. What difference does it make if they are messed up on the pegs. The retailers don't trust their employees to be smart enough to order, nor scrupulous enough to do it to get the inventory they need, rather than the inventory a collecting or scalping employee wants.

So if CW and Legends sell better than Legacy, they'll be replenished more frequently - as well as Hasbro will slow down production on Legacy.

I don't like it any more than you do, but like I said: "what's the difference regarding where they are on the pegs?"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Dang, you and Figgy B and me all live in the same area. Are we our own main competition?
    not really, i've really scaled down SW collecting. One of the last figs i bought was TPM obi-wan or TLC slave leia.

Yeah, glendale target had nothing but CW figs too, last time i looked. And LF tru keeps stocking TLC legends. Annoying!! They used to stock so well too. sux!!!

Very little at WM Rosemead, Baldwin Park, Covina, & Mountain worth mention. WM basics have gone back up to $7.46. There are a smattering of ANH waves figs at them, and even less but some of the ROTS wave. 1 leftover Agen Kolar from the ESB wave at Covina, it had the last HK-50 part I need. Covina also had the BOGO 2packs recycling figures from last year for $7.46, a bunch of FX-6, Grievous, Stass Alie, Cmdr Faie, and maybe 1 other. I almost bought another Grievous/Faie, but passed at the last moment. AT-STs are nearly non-existent at these stores.

Monrovia TRU does not have Legacy pegs anymore, only SL and CW. That is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yes, but isn't it only a case of computer inventory and automatic replenishing.

For example, if the case for Legacy is No. xxxx and the case for CW is yyyy and the case for Legends is zzzz:

If there are 12 figures per case and they are stocked on ANY peg, all mixed together, the computer inventory will have records of 12x, 12y, and 12z.

Then when all the Legacy (x) sell out, the computer will re-order more. What difference does it make if they are messed up on the pegs. The retailers don't trust their employees to be smart enough to order, nor scrupulous enough to do it to get the inventory they need, rather than the inventory a collecting or scalping employee wants.

So if CW and Legends sell better than Legacy, they'll be replenished more frequently - as well as Hasbro will slow down production on Legacy.

I don't like it any more than you do, but like I said: "what's the difference regarding where they are on the pegs?"
    Your conclusion is based on the concept of equal ordering and equal shelving to begin with, as well as equal take-away from the pegs. However, when the LC line is shelved less and then buried behind CW and SL, then the consumer take-away (the figures that get bought) are already in higher ratio from enjoying more peg space, and then it gets worse being mixed into the front because that's all that most consumers look at. The employees are told to go face the pegs and they see a big empty space where the LC figs would go, so what gets put there? CW and SL instead, because their pegs are fuller and look like identical product, so instead of bringing out more LC, they just spread the stuffed CW & SL pegs over the LC-assigned pegs. The LC cases wait in the back while CW and SL move merely because they are what's in consumers faces, then those lines move they get re-ordered while LC doesn't, and the downward spiral continues, making it look like there's no demand for LC when really it's just that less and less of it was getting to the pegs to begin with. The deck is stacked against LC as long as the packaging looks so similar.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    not really, i've really scaled down SW collecting. One of the last figs i bought was TPM obi-wan or TLC slave leia.

Yeah, glendale target had nothing but CW figs too, last time i looked. And LF tru keeps stocking TLC legends. Annoying!! They used to stock so well too. sux!!!
    Well, what are you looking for these days? What is trying to find its way into your collection?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

basic fig prices went back up @ WM? that blows. seriously. I was hopin they would stay down long enough to have target want to compete & lower prices too.

i am lookin for ROTS Cody, Plo Koon, Stormtrooper repack (vtsc mold), Willrow, Concept snowtrooper, the newest Jawa too possibly

I agree, it fueled some pretty crazy buys the over the last 7 days that I normally wouldn't have. Now it's just 2 for $10 basics at TRU, and that's about to end, and their stock sucks.

I saw Plo Koon several times, it's out there at WM and the occasional Target. I'll stash or buy one for you next time I see it. The rest I haven't seen in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Your conclusion is based on the concept of equal ordering and equal shelving to begin with, as well as equal take-away from the pegs.
    Not equal take-away from the pegs. We discussed this in person before. I DO make the assumption that people who want Legacy figures (not the casual consumer if Legacy figures are such like Bail Organa or Trinto Duaba, or even a realistic Luke Skywalker) will look through the variety on the pegs to find what they are looking for. Like myself, who want a lot of Wilrow Hood - I'll dig in there looking for him and the computer will register my purchases. The casual customer would not likely buy Wilrow if he were on the front of the pegs anyway.

However, when the LC line is shelved less and then buried behind CW and SL, then the consumer take-away (the figures that get bought) are already in higher ratio from enjoying more peg space, and then it gets worse being mixed into the front because that's all that most consumers look at

I understand what you're saying, but as I just noted above, even if the average consumer saw Wilrow, he's not a purchase they are likely to make.

The employees are told to go face the pegs and they see a big empty space where the LC figs would go, so what gets put there? CW and SL instead, because their pegs are fuller and look like identical product, so instead of bringing out more LC, they just spread the stuffed CW & SL pegs over the LC-assigned pegs.
    OK, here I agree with you. I'm thinking that 3 radically different cardback styles (and shapes to the cards perhaps?) would help here. I'm starting to think that we DO NOT disagree.

The LC cases wait in the back while CW and SL move merely because they are what's in consumers faces, then those lines move they get re-ordered while LC doesn't, and the downward spiral continues, making it look like there's no demand for LC when really it's just that less and less of it was getting to the pegs to begin with. The deck is stacked against LC as long as the packaging looks so similar.
    OK. Yes. I agree.

I think an Ask Hasbro question (and I think they answered this that Lucasfilm ordered conformity ) would be "Can Hasbro offer 3 different cardback styles for Legends, Legacy, and Clone Wars?"

I don't think they should fold Legends (Han, Luke, Darth, Grievous, Anakin, Troops, etc.) into the Legacy brand because the mainstays need to always be available.

Those into Batman always wanted more villain variety as well as Gordon, etc. instead of Batman with yellow eyes, Batman with white eyes, etc. But the line wouldn't sell without people being able to get Batman.

Han, Luke, Darth, Grievous, Anakin, Troops, etc. ARE Batman to Star Wars. So Legends needs to stay shipping, else there won't be realistic versions of these characters on the market.

So people at Lucasfilm should realize this. You'd think they do. So are they conspiring for the line to fail? Why? What motive would they have? Discuss.

Ugh, I can't believe I'm still awake taking care of last little stuff.

Not equal take-away from the pegs. We discussed this in person before. I DO make the assumption that people who want Legacy figures (not the casual consumer if Legacy figures are such like Bail Organa or Trinto Duaba, or even a realistic Luke Skywalker) will look through the variety on the pegs to find what they are looking for. Like myself, who want a lot of Wilrow Hood - I'll dig in there looking for him and the computer will register my purchases. The casual customer would not likely buy Wilrow if he were on the front of the pegs anyway.
    Again, your conclusion there is flawed, you are assuming the casual consumer isn't a significant driving force. They are, and with their absence comes the near cancellation of our line.

I think an Ask Hasbro question (and I think they answered this that Lucasfilm ordered conformity ) would be "Can Hasbro offer 3 different cardback styles for Legends, Legacy, and Clone Wars?"
    Already asked and answered, it seems LFL has thrust the packaging on them and tied their hands. The color coding was supposed to be the way out, instead it dug the hole deeper.

I repeat myself:

So people at Lucasfilm should realize this. You'd think they do. So are they conspiring for the line to fail? Why? What motive would they have? Discuss.