Page 705 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 205605655695701702703704705706707708709715755805 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 10286
    i say hasbro reps scour every city, at least all the best selling targets and walmarts, and take out all the Legends clogging the pegs. CW can be there, but Legends are really screwing it up. I'm not gonna buy 20 anakins, obi-wans and chewbaccas (esp. at these horrid prices) just to get some new product in. what a crappy collecting year. At least this part of the year. Sick of these prices for exclusives too -vehicles and figures @ WM and target. Really bad. $44 for an at-st? are you serious? with tax that's $50 and u could get an on sale AT-TE for that price (i know, this has been said b4)
    Last edited by bikerscout; 12-18-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: shtuff

TRU Sale

2 basic figs for $9.99. Lots of OT stuff today, on the shelf and an endcap.

Also found some Hellboy Mighty Muggs, except they aren't called MM's- some other ghetto packing design with a diff. name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I repeat myself:

So people at Lucasfilm should realize this. You'd think they do. So are they conspiring for the line to fail? Why? What motive would they have? Discuss.
    LFL marketing doesn't seem to care so long as SW figures are selling on the pegs. But without LC, the SL line will eventually hit market saturation. The only thing LFL marketing seems to care about is fooling customers who are looking for CW into buying SL/LC or vice-versa, and having it under the unified umbrella look for the SW brand.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    i say hasbro reps scour every city, at least all the best selling targets and walmarts, and take out all the Legends clogging the pegs. CW can be there, but Legends are really screwing it up. I'm not gonna buy 20 anakins, obi-wans and chewbaccas (esp. at these horrid prices) just to get some new product in. what a crappy collecting year. At least this part of the year. Sick of these prices for exclusives too -vehicles and figures @ WM and target. Really bad. $44 for an at-st? are you serious? with tax that's $50 and u could get an on sale AT-TE for that price (i know, this has been said b4)
    Legends they claim are selling. I did a run a week apart from another, and didn't see heavy interest at WM but there was some movement. Still, it does cannibalize sales from LC and should be balanced better.

$45 for the AT-ST seems like a fair price to me. It's twice the product of a $20 vehicle and it comes with a figure and it's an exclusive. The $50 AT-TE is a closeout price so these stores won't have to pay federal backstock taxes on those units after a year, but they aren't making money on them so they are less likely to order more products similar to the AT-TE in the future. It is not reasonable to expect the AT-TE pricing to be the benchmark.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Detolf

FYI

IKEA is selling Detolfs for $19.99 on 12/29.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    FYI

IKEA is selling Detolfs for $19.99 on 12/29.
    WHAT?????????????????? Man I should buy 2, but I have no where to put them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

What are Detolfs? They sound like the name of some kind of Lawn Knome.

Would that be the one with the Santa Claus hat sculpted on him?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That is a crazy good price instead of $60! I don't want to have to fight the hordes, but that sounds like calendar-worthy.

Tycho, you have a Detolf in your living room, it's that glass case someone gave you. Also, it's "gnome".

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, I call it an upright glass display case for fear that someone might otherwise mistake it for a Lawn Gnome.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Detolf is the name of the display, it's unique because it's the only nationally-available sub-$100 glass display out there, so it's easier to say than explaining that it's a glass display from Ikea that is 5' 2" tall, has 3 interior safety-glass levels, 4 safety-glass walls, interior metal posts, weighs 90lbs, one of the walls is a door, and has a wood top that is pre-cut to accommodate a separately-sold, easy-to-install, recessed light, all for just $60 (plus the optional cost of lighting). So all that, or just "Detolf". And if you don't know what it is, you search Google and it's the first thing on there.

Bad paint on Target Chewbacca toy

Saw this at Target today. It's mixed in with Xmas ornaments and has a button that plays various Chewie growl fx. The paintjob on the eyes is so laughable, but my iPhone's camera sucks, so its very blurry. If anyone can get ahold of one of these and get a better picture- it's really hilarious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChewieEyes.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	22235