Page 713 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 213613663703709710711712713714715716717723763813 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 10396
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Reject them and see the look on their faces.
    It should be more like call loss prevention and have them arrested for attempted theft.

A friend of mine works retail (granted at a mall, not at WM or Target) and she told me that often people can walk into a store, grab an item, take to the counter, and "return" it without a receipt for credit. Employees are instructed not to hassle people, even if they are sure a theft is in progress. The best the employees can do is call mall security, who cannot detain the culprits unless they physically see them steal (which is beyond unlikely). Apparently, management, under orders from corporate leadership, fears the potential for a lawsuit or a discrimination complaint more than the loss of product and profit to the point where they allow and even expect theft.

That's funny. That happened to me. I was returning my large 1,094 inch flat screen TV and I just couldn't find my receipt, so I picked it up again where I'd put it down in the store (it was very heavy to carry on my shoulder) and I returned it for $9000 worth of store credit.

No one seemed to care.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That's funny. That happened to me. I was returning my large 1,094 inch flat screen TV and I just couldn't find my receipt, so I picked it up again where I'd put it down in the store (it was very heavy to carry on my shoulder) and I returned it for $9000 worth of store credit.

No one seemed to care.
    Ha ha! Took me a second to decode the humor in that, Tycho - but it was worth the effort.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

ESB Wave

Stevenson Ranch WalMart put out about 3 cases of the ESB wave today. Picked up R2-X2 and Concept Snowtrooper to complete this wave. There were two other collectors also rummaging through the figures and they also grabbed most of the wave. There were still some leftovers when we left. The figures are not with the other figures but on an island display between the DVD and toy sections.

Found the Plasticman/Cyborg and Captain Cold/Boomerang JLU 3-packs at Compton Target.

Picked up an AT-ST at Stevenson Ranch WM for $15.00. It was the last one and what's wierd is that the other two WM's in the area are still selling them for full price. Good haul today.

Also, how have hunts been for the TLC 2 figure 'Value Packs.' @ Wally & Target?? thx.

if anyone sees any multiple AT-STs clearanced -please stash! I'll get it right away!

I went on a Wal-Mart toy hunt last night (to two stores) and found nothing.

Transformers: I'd really like the very little Legends Class Jetfire ($5).

Star Wars: I'm just really looking for Wilrow Hood figures (multiples) so that I can create Cloud City's Ice Cream Store. They're supposed to have a coffee freezing chamber, right? Darth Vader forces Han Solo into the Cappacino and Luke Skywalker arrives to rescue him from the Dark Side of the Frappe. But Starbucks arrives too late to help him and Luke gets his Latte creamed!

Wilrow Hood is required in great numbers to recreate this scene!

I could also use 1 more black Bespin Guard.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I was able to finish off my ESB needs last night at PC WM. I grabbed both Snowtroopers, regular & concept. That place is in the worst shape I've ever seen it in. It's usually pretty sad, but after the holidays, it's even worse.