Page 72 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
    At about 2:30-3, I decided to go by Toys R Us and they'd just stocked the new Comic 2-packs. I bought 2 Quinlan Vos.

Then I decided to push my luck and let my greed get the better of me. I got 2 more at the next Toys R Us. While I was there a guy came in and bought all the rest (Luke & R2s, Obi-Wan and Alphas) and a lot of the collecting tins and Tantive IV battle packs. I don't know that he was, but he looked like a scalper for doing that! I was glad I'd beaten him by only 10 minutes or something. (I was sticking around because I'm friends with an employee or several there and we were having a conversation. I usually get stuff and fly with it so no one takes unpurchased product out of my hands. I stayed out of that guy's sight so he wouldn't ask, "Oh can I have one of those?" If a kid was looking for them - fine. I'd be the first to share. But this guy looked like a scalper.

Anyway, I now have 6 Quinlan / Villie 2-packs and only need 2 more (or 1 complete shipment's worth). I seem to get all of them that hit the central stores in San Diego County.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

frak again!!!! WHY do you torture me like this Hasbrotoyshop?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I've got some extra stuff: PM me if you are interested.

TAC Wave 2 Rebel Honor Guard, Biggs Darklighter, Luke (Yavin)
    TAC Wave 2 Comic 2-Pack Luke/R2D2, Quinlan Vos/Grahrk

I'll be around Burbank TRU/Target on Saturday if anyone wants them (but PM me first).

Update: Rebel Honor Guard and Luke/R2D2 Comic Pack claimed...

Civ

Just wondering: for us L.A. locals, what's the best way to get to the CIV show without driving/paying for parking? Can we park for free at the metrolink stations and take a train to downtown? Would I need to take a taxi from the train station to the convention center, or is it walkable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Just wondering: for us L.A. locals, what's the best way to get to the CIV show without driving/paying for parking? Can we park for free at the metrolink stations and take a train to downtown? Would I need to take a taxi from the train station to the convention center, or is it walkable?
    For you, you would take the Metrolink from Burbank down to Union Station and then take the Metro Redline to the 7th and Figueroa station. from there it's about 4 or 5 blocks to the Convention Center. or you could transfer to the Metro Blue Line and get off at the Pico Station which is directly across from the Convention Center. I'm not sure if parking is free at the Burbank Metrolink station and actually there are two of them - one by the airport, the other near the Mall. i would think it's free but i'm not sure. As for going back home, I'm not sure how late the Metrolink trains run but i would imagine that after rush hour, there probably aren't that many running and so you might want to check the schedules out first or else risk being stranded in downtown!

also, i want the Quinlan comic pack but won't be able to meet up with you tomorrow. i'm sure it won't be that hard to find so if you just want to return it, that's cool.

I planned on taking the train from Universal Station down when I go to CIV , any money and time saved on parking will be better spent on exclusive figures!

Don't know where in the world it came from, but I bought a VOTC Boba Fett today in Pacoima Target. Was 3.26, with a clearance sticker on it. I can't imagine it was a return with a receipt from that long ago, but I thought, I was going to pick up a Legends Boba anyway to open, so this is at least cheaper.
    Still waiting on my wave 2 case from EE.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    For you, you would take the Metrolink from Burbank down to Union Station and then take the Metro Redline to the 7th and Figueroa station. from there it's about 4 or 5 blocks to the Convention Center. or you could transfer to the Metro Blue Line and get off at the Pico Station which is directly across from the Convention Center. I'm not sure if parking is free at the Burbank Metrolink station and actually there are two of them - one by the airport, the other near the Mall. i would think it's free but i'm not sure. As for going back home, I'm not sure how late the Metrolink trains run but i would imagine that after rush hour, there probably aren't that many running and so you might want to check the schedules out first or else risk being stranded in downtown!

also, i want the Quinlan comic pack but won't be able to meet up with you tomorrow. i'm sure it won't be that hard to find so if you just want to return i t, that's cool.
    I think driving is our best bet.

The 5 to the 110
    Exit Olympic
    Turn Left
    You can't miss Staple Center or the Con.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    also, i want the Quinlan comic pack but won't be able to meet up with you tomorrow. i'm sure it won't be that hard to find so if you just want to return it, that's cool.
    I'll hold it for you- just let me know when you want to meet up.

Anyone get an extra Fett that they don't need?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    I keep hearing the Los Feliz TRU restocks the new comic 2 packs with every shipment. Just picked up a set yesterday.
    I was there at opening today, and they don't have any pegs for them. Not that it'd stop 'em, but it'd be nice if there was at least an empty peg to show there was nothing new!

I missed Burbank Target opening today (went on the Santa Clarita run), but when I got down there at 9:30 they had Vader/Rebel and Han/Chewie comic 2-packs on the bottom peg of basics... does that mean they got in Wave 2? Anyone there at 8?

Santa Clarita was largely a bust. I picked up a couple WWII figures for fodder, and the WM-exclusive Venom. The newest SW any of the 3 WMs had was an Obi-Wan at one and an R2 at another... no Saleucami BPs, no regular BPs, hardly any vehicles. The Target up there had a V-wing, but only one column of figures, all TSC pegwarmers, wedged between SW Transformers and movie Transformers, I think. Pathetic sight.