Page 775 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 275675725765771772773774775776777778779785825875 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 10414
    TRU Los Feliz had a bunch of new packaged old CW figures as well as some new Saga Legends - Jango is a mess. They also had 1 new CW Grievous which I bought, this figure is a gummy bear, I have a thread about that in the CW forum. They also had all 4 new vehicles plus duplicates of the Cloud Car and blue tank, I bought the Snowspeeder and Cloud Car, both quite boss and both just a little smaller than the vintage originals (the Cloud Car seems much smaller, but it's really just narrower). The Snowspeeder is very nice, but has 12 stickers for the interior, the nerve!!!

For TF, they had the new Hunt for the Decepticons figures, I bought 1 Dlx Ironhide. They also had just 3 Power Core Combiners 2packs (2 Huffer, 1 Searchlight). Since it was Bogo50%, I decided to risk it and buy another PCC pack, Searchlight. Both these figures suck, plain and simple.

In a few days, I'll have another Grievous, Snowspeeder, and Cloud Car. If anybody wants any/all of these, LMK and we'll work something out. TRU's return policy regarding this BOGO might make things difficult if I break up the set, so I'm not sure what to do yet, but I'd rather one of you guys get that Snowspeeder than a scalper, they're 1 per case and not in either upcoming revision.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    just making sure. Alright. Cool!! Plmk when it comes in. Maybe we can meet at your favorite Los Feliz TRU.
    They have shipped. It'll probably be another week, they do something sleazy at UPS basic, they ship it to the city and then hand it over to the local Post Office to process and do final delivery, which tacks on 3 days or so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not hunting anymore, but...

I'm interested in the new Vintage stuff- if anyone finds some, please let me know.

Could use a TF stash on Generations Drift, and a SW stash of... everything? I actually don't know if I'm willing to pay TRU's $10 for Vintage Collection, so the only stuff I'm still looking for is CW Magnaguard, and TX-20 I suppose.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I ordered 12" Hammerhead from Sideshow and also got Terminator Sarah Connor (T-1000 pretending to be is the actual one I ordered as it looks a lot better than the regular Sarah) and (2) T-1000's so I can display them in alternate ways.

I'm going to look for good prices on John and Arnold before I hop on the wait lists. - Oh for the Endoskeletons and Marcus Wright as well.

That's great Tycho!! I mostly collect 1/6 scale now. I'm a little bummed right now because I missed both attendee and non-attendee chances to get the SDCC 12" exclusive Predator from Hot Toys. That thing sold out like in 10 seconds (no kidding) both days. Oh well...

Anyway, can't wait to get Hammerhead.

Rem., i stashed a new CW Grievous in VN. Pm for location. Surprised no one has bit. (Found him last Thurs.)

Rem., i stashed a new CW Grievous in VN. Pm for location. Surprised no one has bit. (Found him last Thurs.)
    Well, as JT pointed out, it really isn't that great of a figure. I can vouch for that as well.

TRU Los Feliz had another new Grievous.

On the TF front, they had 2x Drift (I bought one), a few voyager Seasprays, and a couple leader-class Starscreams.

Speaking of which, Bikerscout, the tracking data looks like it'll be delivered Thursday, it's in LA now but TRU's cheap UPS doesn't deliver to me, they deliver to the post office who then delivers it to me. I'm busy Friday afternoon and evening, as well as Saturday, so we'll have to meet up some time around that.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Well, as JT pointed out, it really isn't that great of a figure. I can vouch for that as well.
    It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 2008 version. I know it doesn't have 4 arms or a cape, but I don't find it to be that crappy. What do u mean?

JT: i'm working all wknd. (evenings) I will make myself available though (save for late morning Sun. Wanna watch the World Cup final). Hit me up.

I went to that TRU late yesterday and they had a few WFC dlx Bumblebees, Seasprays, Dlx Thrust (x2, but 1 or both may've been bought -i met another collector who wanted him), Night Ops Rachet, Dlx Ironhide, and 1 LC SS. He was up high & i didn't get to see him. I have a feeling we'll see a glut of those Battle hook Primes --looks like no one is buyin him. No Drifts left that I saw.
    SW -- a few of those new GG that you all hate, other CW in new packaging, including Snow Rex x2 or x3 and new pkg Saga Legends. Also had Snowspeeder and Cloud Car in new pkg. Too bad no vintage, if they did put it out, it was all scooped up.

*p.s. --anyone's who's ordered & received pre vizsla (mando) from TRU --could u pm me asap please??? thnx.
    Last edited by bikerscout; 07-07-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: ps

It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 2008 version. I know it doesn't have 4 arms or a cape, but I don't find it to be that crappy. What do u mean?
    I mean that this new Grievous is a gummy bear: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=42803
    possibly the rubberiest figure I've seen in the entire line. The sculpting is decent, but the figure cannot stand on its own or hold poses thanks to very pliable limbs. Other problems include the shoulder pads flying off at the blink of an eye, and no weathering. It's good in theory, but the end result is a massive annoyance in my book.

JT: i'm working all wknd. (evenings) I will make myself available though (save for late morning Sun. Wanna watch the World Cup final). Hit me up.
    Well, if it shows up today (which I'm hoping it will, it was tendered to the post office yesterday afternoon which is plenty of time to process and deliver), I could meet up with you later this evening, or early tomorrow, maybe Saturday morning. LMK what works for you from that.

I went to that TRU late yesterday and they had a few WFC dlx Bumblebees, Seasprays, Dlx Thrust (x2, but 1 or both may've been bought -i met another collector who wanted him), Night Ops Rachet, Dlx Ironhide, and 1 LC SS. He was up high & i didn't get to see him. I have a feeling we'll see a glut of those Battle hook Primes --looks like no one is buyin him. No Drifts left that I saw.
    Yeah, Hooker Prime is destined to shelfwarm. That blackened face dooms it even further IMO.

SW -- a few of those new GG that you all hate, other CW in new packaging, including Snow Rex x2 or x3 and new pkg Saga Legends. Also had Snowspeeder and Cloud Car in new pkg. Too bad no vintage, if they did put it out, it was all scooped up.
    I don't hate it, I just can't stand having a cool figure that's utterly unusable in my collection. It's close to be good, but what doesn't work absolutely crushes it. The Snowspeeder, Grievous, and Cloud Car at Los Feliz that day were actually the shipment I got from TRU.com that I returned to that store for money (I had bought the same pieces the day before when I found them there, not realizing how the UPS to post office thing worked).

It was indeed Starscream, I have mine right here on my desk, and Bikerscout's is still in box. Oddly, the tape they used on the packaging for both is very weak and coming off in spots. And TRU used zero packing materials, thanks so much there, jerks.

Screamer is very cool, I'll post a review in the TF thread later today.

Bikerscout, please PM me when you have an idea of when you want to get together.