Page 80 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Just got back from a complete smackdown at Eagle Rock. (Cue evil laughter Turbowars) I went to four different people and got the same "we can't bring it out/it's a collectable" garbage. I had a feeling that would happen, but you never know.

On the bright side, they have two V-wings, so get there tomorrow morning. They also had the new packaging for Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter. Also, the backroom guy basically promised me that the vintage stuff would get stocked tonight on the pegs, so please think of me if you go early and score them.
    so to repeat, "the week of 5/27"

they don't even have pegs for the VTAC, why would they put them out?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post

I'm just documenting the campaign of lies...

Like I told you, "I love a challenge"- plus there's nothing good on TV tonight, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Anyway, I just found a complete Vintage 2007 set on ebay, for $11.99 each plus $9.99 to ship the whole thing, so now I'm covered except for a few Hoth Stormtroopers.
    I wouldn't call it a challenge, It's more like aggravation.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    I wouldn't call it a challenge, It's more like aggravation.
    Yeah, I won't do that again...

I tried to talk to the guys and tell them that their "Collector Policy" ends up funneling most of the merchandise to the 8am scalper crowd, but they didn't seem to care- just blindly following store policy. I sure wish that they would stock during the day so that more people have a chance- afterall, they did midday stocking during ROTS. Don't get me started...

I'm just documenting the campaign of lies...
    I'm with ya. Nothing but liars and inbreds working at that store.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Yeah, I won't do that again...

I tried to talk to the guys and tell them that their "Collector Policy" ends up funneling most of the merchandise to the 8am scalper crowd, but they didn't seem to care- just blindly following store policy. I sure wish that they would stock during the day so that more people have a chance- afterall, they did midday stocking during ROTS. Don't get me started...
    OK, that mid-day thing is called "replenishing" in Target-terms. "Stocking" is the overnight business.

Now I am not a scalper but I am part of the 8am crowd. Why? I will not buy from scalpers or get "in-retail-circulation-items" off of eBay feeding any profit of someone like Headphones. If I need to army build (and I think I'm totally done doing that now), I especially want to get it done with as few trips to the retailers as possible (today's gas prices contributing a lot towards that goal's motivation - not to mention my time I'd rather spend doing something else). So if they stocked wave 2 up to at least 3 cases, I could have bought my 6 Death Star Troopers at retail (and come up with the 2 McFetts I still don't have) and then not gone back to the store for days or even weeks until wave 3 ships. So maybe I hoarded one day, but I'm not like a scalper going back there every day.

I just will buy them out at 8am so I don't have to keep going back. (I got my DSTs from HasbroToyShop anyway).

That being said, I think anyone else who is a collector (army builder or not) should have the 8am "all's stocked time" to count on. I sympathize if you can't be there because you literally have to be at school or work. But if you want to be sleeping or don't want to lose sleep getting up extra early to get your breakfast before a trip to Target prior to your workday, etc. - that's exactly what I have to go through to - so don't whine about it!!!
    It sucks - but that's the way it's been for 12 years.

Yes during E3, the sales were so good and shipments kept coming in, that the stuff was there in the first place. Thus it could be brought out of the backroom and "replenished."

Oh, furthermore - if you're at my store at 8am - I will NOT run - unless some idiot there starts that nonsense (we're almost always just regulars at my stores though). And I'll share. If there are 6 Death Star Troopers there and 2 of us, I'll offer you half of them if you want that many, and buy all the rest until I'm done. If we both want 6, then we'll both have to make 2 successful trips. Odds are, I'll make friends with another COLLECTOR and help you out by taking a phone number and calling when I locate the rest. Hopefully, if you make it to the pegs before me, you're going to treat me with the equal amount of respect.

A SCALPER will do 2 things - they might share if they are cool about -and if they don't want to overload their own inventory (c'mon - they aren't making real money if they're scalping toys and thus they don't want to spend a lot to bolster stock they don't know they can move). Or they might be a jerk and hoarde everything without sharing (the signal they are really desperate).

In any case, because I don't like making repeative trips to the stores (especially the same ones in the same day), I like the 8am "Star Wars breakfast bell." When my Wal-Mart (used to open at 7am) switched to 24hr, I had to go and hang out for 2 hours while the stockers pulled freight out on their pallets from 10pm to midnight, and then slice the plastic open and snatch a product case if I saw anything I wanted. Instead of having access to exactly what I'd be buying, I was reading cardboard boxes all night.

During the Clone Wars era, that activity was largely responsible for me getting 90 (not joking) E2 SA Clones. (40 were for me - the rest were split up between my local guys Tony, James, Darren, Dexter, Mike, Jose - I don't remember who wanted what, but most wanted at least 10 from me, so 50 Clones didn't stretch too far). Anyway, I got physically sick living in Wal-Mart through the middle of the night.

Along those same lines, during the E3 mid-day replenishment era, when I had the time or the need for specific figures, I brought a book to read and camped out in the toy section until they replenished. Then I bought everything they brought out if I determined me or my friends I phoned needed the figures.

I had graduated college by that point and didn't work a conventional job. In fact, in real estate and financial planning, your clients get in touch with you on your cell phone and you make appointments as you can get them. Sometimes you earn thousands in commissions, but you aren't confined to having to stay at one work location. So just because they "replenished" Star Wars mid-day, didn't mean there couldn't be individuals like myself waiting to buy out everything they brought out. And now, I don't have to work because of my financial situation and my health concerns (though I need to be sleeping often - not lurking in retail isles). But there's not a whole lot of figures I'm buying these days.

2 more Quinlan /Villie 2-packs (I've got 6 now)
    3 Elris Helrots
    5 CZ-9s
    2 Herme Odles
    5 A'Sharad / Dark Woman 2-packs

Nothing like 40 SA Clones for myself alone. But I was willing to do what it took to get them. And I was never really enjoying the wait - just the drive home and going back to sleep with a huge bag of new figures next to my bed.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well Tycho, I'm not saying that everyone who goes to store openings is a scalper, but that is the best time to find all the scalpers in one place on a consistent basis. However, Target's policy is why collectors are forced to hit store openings. The insanity of pushing/shoving/running is solely because of this 8am dinner bell situation. I can forgive all of that for a "midnight madness" kind of thing, but in a non-movie year it's just ridiculous. The only saving grace is that after last year, I'm pretty confident that we'll see plenty of revision cases for months after something rare is released, and other opportunities on hasbro.com. Except for WM exclusives and the TRU Hunt For Grievous BP (which is coming back this year), I always found something later on that was HTF initially. Instant gratification is a pain in the A. 'Nuff Said!

New Hasbro Coupon

New hasbrotoyshop.com coupon:

FNFSPR7 (25% off and free shipping)

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post

Well, Eagle Rock Target was a bust today. No VTAC or anything else for that matter. Figrin's right, there's no pegs for them, so they won't put them out until the next reset. However, the 2 missing McFetts from yesterday showed up today and it doesn't look like a new case of TAC 2 was put out.

Figrin - I stashed one for you if you still need it, just PM me for the location.

Should've known I wasn't going to find anything, since I was the only person there at opening. Not even the usual Hot Wheels crowd was there. It is possible they might stock later on in the day. They were still having their employee morning meeting when I was checking out. Either that or they were reinforcing the "collector's policy" into their employees, in light of what happened yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Should've known I wasn't going to find anything, since I was the only person there at opening. Not even the usual Hot Wheels crowd was there.
    Man, I thought I was the only guy who got an ironically bad feeling whenever I was one of the only people t here during opening. I have a feeling the most dedicated scalpers and collectors call customer service or the toy department before the stores open.

I'm not sweating the VTAC stuff. The price is a turnoff. Besides, I'm not too into the original trilogy figures anymore. I'm just looking for the wave 2 comic figures.
    Galactic Barn Burner