Page 828 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 328728778818824825826827828829830831832838878928 ... LastLast
Results 8,271 to 8,280 of 10427
    Save 25% Off All In-Stock Products: 3-Days Only!
    Who needs Black Friday when you have StarWarsShop's Turbo Triple Day Event? Starting Wednesday, StarWarsShop is launching its lightning fast "Turbo" savings event that slashes 25% OFF ALL IN-STOCK PRODUCTS (applied at checkout)!
    For three days only you can pick up those in-stock items that you've been meaning to buy but have been putting off. Save BIG, starting at 12:00am PST on Wednesday November 10th, ending 11:59pm on Friday, November 12th. If the product is in-stock, you save.

---Go nuts, or be conservative. I don't care. I'm tempted to get CW season 2 BR. I might. Search around, there are some things that are already 45-50% off. Dunno if the 25 can go on top though. Enjoy!

edit: went for the BR. Deal too good to pass up. Got it and 2 other items I've been waiting a long time for for < $60 shipped. BR alone at brick & mortars is $55 with tax, so the other stuff was just icing on the cake. I'd act now while supplies last though. And yes, the 25% is applied at the end of checkout so it did work on top of the other discount
    Last edited by bikerscout; 11-10-2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: br

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Save 25% Off All In-Stock Products: 3-Days Only!
    Who needs Black Friday when you have StarWarsShop's Turbo Triple Day Event? Starting Wednesday, StarWarsShop is launching its lightning fast "Turbo" savings event that slashes 25% OFF ALL IN-STOCK PRODUCTS (applied at checkout)!
    For three days only you can pick up those in-stock items that you've been meaning to buy but have been putting off. Save BIG, starting at 12:00am PST on Wednesday November 10th, ending 11:59pm on Friday, November 12th. If the product is in-stock, you save.

---Go nuts, or be conservative. I don't care. I'm tempted to get CW season 2 BR. I might. Search around, there are some things that are already 45-50% off. Dunno if the 25 can go on top though. Enjoy!
    thanks for the heads up here's the link http://shop.starwars.com/
    you can get the NEW CW embo wave for around $5.93 a figure

I will actually have to check out whether they have any Star Wars CLOTHING that I want which will accurately announce that I'm a nerd everywhere I go!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Detolfs have never been $70.

I bought 3 a few months ago on sale for $19.99. Yeah I know crazy. Regular price is $49.99 to $59.99.

I have a few I don't want and I may sell them because I don't like the wood finish any more.
    Yeah, the original Detolf in "black foil" was $70, then they came out with the cheaper white (which they don't offer anymore) and then beech. Now they have beech and black-brown (whatever THAT means) and both those Detolfs are $60.

I just wish they were a little bigger, they don't quite work for my apartment.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, the original Detolf in "black foil" was $70, then they came out with the cheaper white (which they don't offer anymore) and then beech. Now they have beech and black-brown (whatever THAT means) and both those Detolfs are $60.

I just wish they were a little bigger, they don't quite work for my apartment.
    The black brown is ugly. I don't know why they don't offer plain BLACK. I really don't like my Beech units anymore. The white goes better with the modern SW look. I have 6 gray billies with glass doors, 3 White and 4 Beech Detolfs. I need to get rid of a few Beech. I don't ever remember paying $70, but oh well.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I just have 2 white detolfs. Last year around Christmas time, IKEA offered the white ones for $20. I think it was a clearance sale, as white might not ever be offered again.

Yes it is too bad, because they look the nicest for SW displays.

I also got a gift of one from my coffee store owner-friend. It was a beech and that one looks good with my Transformers in it.

Since I color theme my display rooms, I will probably be able to make use of the black and beech offerings (black will look good for the Terminator stuff from Hot Toys).

What are the billies TurboWars? I think I'll look for them the next time I'm at IKEA - it's right down the street from me between my place and the Chargers' stadium. (Same parking lot as the Islands restaurant we ate at with Halley, JT).

Turbo - you probably bought your detolfs on SALE - which means you got a good deal. If you (or anyone else) wants more of these, I'd wait through Christmas and as late as February to check for possible savings. We "have to" spend enough on the darn toys!!!

JediTricks, what I could really use is a small style display case for my 7" Star Trek figures - who's "behind glass area" is at least above knee height - there can be drawers for storage beneath the display areas. - On a detolf, you can easily see 12" figures on the bottom because they're taller. The ArtAsylum / DST Star Trek figures are not that big, thus I want to start my display up higher.
    I also have limited room for the display venue. For Trek, I'm going to have to use my exterior smaller balcony - off the master bedroom. It's pretty weather-sheltered and I can always add a tarp covering that matches the paint scheme of my building - but that balcony is not visible from the exterior.

I simply have no room for more toys in my place, once I move in big Star Wars displays and some plans I have for Transformers and Terminator. Star Trek can be divided up between 7 different "sub-genres": Enterprise, TOS, movies, TNG, DS9, Voyager, ReBoot. At least my Enterprise and Voyager collections are so small that one of them could be displayed in its entirety this way (Enterprise would be my preference as the Voyager figures (Playmates) are even smaller).

I have to look for the appropriate furniture. However, I wonder if IKEA will ever bring back the white detolf, even for a Christmas special?

I also could use those small wall-hanging curio cabinets that fit the 3 3/4" Star Wars figures really well. I can't seem to find them being offered anywhere any more. I have like 10 or more of them, but could probably use 10 more of them! You can display all 12 members of the Jedi High Council across a shelf in one of them, for example, if you remove the partitians.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    The black brown is ugly. I don't know why they don't offer plain BLACK. I really don't like my Beech units anymore. The white goes better with the modern SW look. I have 6 gray billies with glass doors, 3 White and 4 Beech Detolfs. I need to get rid of a few Beech. I don't ever remember paying $70, but oh well.
    The originals were black, and were $10 more, I guess black is harder to make than black-brown (riiiiight, sure it is Ikea ). I have seen a few beech ones, and I must admit that coloring doesn't work for what I'd want to do with these.

I've been thinking about getting Billy bookcases with glass doors, but they're not especially cheap that way, and all the doors I've seen on them cover up some of the display space, is that the case with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I just have 2 white detolfs. Last year around Christmas time, IKEA offered the white ones for $20. I think it was a clearance sale, as white might not ever be offered again.
    It wasn't a clearance as they had never offered the white foil ones at any price before that. They were a special cheap version for the sale days in a different color.

What are the billies TurboWars? I think I'll look for them the next time I'm at IKEA - it's right down the street from me between my place and the Chargers' stadium. (Same parking lot as the Islands restaurant we ate at with Halley, JT).
    "Billy" is a line of bookshelves from Ikea, the best one is the Billy 6' 8" bookcase for cheap, I have a white narrow one because it's stupid cheap in white: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40085714
    Oddly, the wider version isn't cheaper than the other foil versions:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/83688210
    (I like the gray "silver" version and the black). How they get you is by selling the doors separately:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ng_room/11686/

JediTricks, what I could really use is a small style display case for my 7" Star Trek figures - who's "behind glass area" is at least above knee height - there can be drawers for storage beneath the display areas. - On a detolf, you can easily see 12" figures on the bottom because they're taller. The ArtAsylum / DST Star Trek figures are not that big, thus I want to start my display up higher.
    I also have limited room for the display venue. For Trek, I'm going to have to use my exterior smaller balcony - off the master bedroom. It's pretty weather-sheltered and I can always add a tarp covering that matches the paint scheme of my building - but that balcony is not visible from the exterior.
    You need to use more of the vertical space, that's what's annoying about the Detolfs (they're only 5' 4" tall) and what's good about the taller Billy bookcases (6' 8" plus they sell an extension for the top, though you'd need a ladder and probably taller ceilings to use it), and they have a variety of doors you can buy separately or in a system to keep out cats. Once a year I'll go through Ikea checking out that sort of thing, they have a section just for Billy shelving and doors.

As for outdoors, none of this would work, Ikea is all foil and cheap finishes, would break down very quickly, and I doubt any of it is UV-protected either. You put figures outside, and they'll be sunbleached in a month or so.

You guys know Ikea is a tax-evader, right? They created a bunch of companies to own and run the company, including what is the largest non-profit in the world (since it's Ikea) to promote architecture or some such thing in order to not pay taxes on billions in sales.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The originals were black, and were $10 more, I guess black is harder to make than black-brown (riiiiight, sure it is Ikea ). I have seen a few beech ones, and I must admit that coloring doesn't work for what I'd want to do with these.

I've been thinking about getting Billy bookcases with glass doors, but they're not especially cheap that way, and all the doors I've seen on them cover up some of the display space, is that the case with yours?

It wasn't a clearance as they had never offered the white foil ones at any price before that. They were a special cheap version for the sale days in a different color.

"Billy" is a line of bookshelves from Ikea, the best one is the Billy 6' 8" bookcase for cheap, I have a white narrow one because it's stupid cheap in white: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40085714
    Oddly, the wider version isn't cheaper than the other foil versions:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/83688210
    (I like the gray "silver" version and the black). How they get you is by selling the doors separately:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ng_room/11686/

You need to use more of the vertical space, that's what's annoying about the Detolfs (they're only 5' 4" tall) and what's good about the taller Billy bookcases (6' 8" plus they sell an extension for the top, though you'd need a ladder and probably taller ceilings to use it), and they have a variety of doors you can buy separately or in a system to keep out cats. Once a year I'll go through Ikea checking out that sort of thing, they have a section just for Billy shelving and doors.

As for outdoors, none of this would work, Ikea is all foil and cheap finishes, would break down very quickly, and I doubt any of it is UV-protected either. You put figures outside, and they'll be sunbleached in a month or so.

You guys know Ikea is a tax-evader, right? They created a bunch of companies to own and run the company, including what is the largest non-profit in the world (since it's Ikea) to promote architecture or some such thing in order to not pay taxes on billions in sales.
    Nice, I support tax evaders.

The billys I just so happen to have are the Silver gray. They don't ever have them on display, but some store have them in the warehouse, not the self help though. You have to pay for them and someone gets them for you. The doors I have on the billys have thin frammed aluminum doors. When shut they block about 3/4" of viewable space right in the center.

No kiddn about the Billys not being cheap after you replace the wood shelves with glass ($5-$7each) and add the 2 Glass doors ($45 each) So you can get the billys for $59.99 + $25 + $90 = about 175 per set-up. I have 3 of those and 3 other Gray Billys that I haven't got the Door yet.

I just got my eFX McVader Helmet yesterday so I will need a case for that too.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Well, for one, I don't want to use the glass shelves. So that saves money. However, the doors are what I want, and of course, what costs.

This does seem to be the problem. I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to have custom doors made for me at Farkas Fixtures (they make the store display fixtures in the San Diego area for the local businesses, at least - think of some of the display cabinets used to cordone off a seller's area at Comic Con - and I use them for my full 6-foot battle dioramas).

Some of my glass case dioramas I used to have set up at my old place

I'm sure that in LA there are multiple companies that produce these kind of store fixtures and can cut the glass the right size. (For my Geonosis display, I'm going to have to have a custom case made that's just slightly wider than the standard 18 inches, to accomodate the Republic Gunship's wingspan.

"Foil" is a term I'm having difficulty getting used to. I keep thinking of tin foil. I wonder how the term is applied to these detolfs?

"Billy" is a line of bookshelves from Ikea, the best one is the Billy 6' 8" bookcase for cheap,
    Yeah. I just bought another one for my videos. I'm actually going to stop collecting movies / TV on DVD as everything is going to be OnDemand anyway, but there are a few last things I want, and I'll likely always buy particular upcoming films in my favorite genres, like Star Trek or Terminator 5 & 6 (if that ever happens).

The Billys are not exactly what I'd want for displaying the figures however. I need to keep looking.

However, I did once use one to display the starfighters for The Battle of Endor. In a black case I had a lot of TIE fighters and assorted Rebel starfighters.

You need to use more of the vertical space, that's what's annoying about the Detolfs (they're only 5' 4" tall)
    What do you mean? I really want 7" or shorter figures to be at least shelved at my waist level, especially for any outside display, because I don't want to kneel or lay down on the ground to look at them. (On the carpeting in my living room where Voyager Optimus Prime is fighting The Fallen, Megatron, and Starscream, this is OK as I can lay on the carpteting if I really want to look at these - which I usually don't :P )

As for outdoors, none of this would work, Ikea is all foil and cheap finishes, would break down very quickly, and I doubt any of it is UV-protected either.
    There's a corner that gets no sunlight, and all my past experience has demonstrated it to be blocked from rain.

You put figures outside, and they'll be sunbleached in a month or so.
    See my comment above, but do offer any counterpoint to it if it would be helpful in changing my mind (unless of course I've mitigated the issue with my planned location for this display).

You guys know Ikea is a tax-evader, right?
    That's OK. They are just like those guys called Congression Representatives and Senators that I just voted for, right? Those folks also keep their financial accounts off shore.

Billys?? Does Ikea have Jimmys too? DD joke