Page 832 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 332732782822828829830831832833834835836842882932 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,320 of 10414
    ROTJ wave hit hard in my neck of the woods. GG's all over the place! I love these pigs! R2 is awesome , hell all the figures are cool.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

On Tuesday, some woman rear-ended my car - it was my first auto accident as a driver. I was stopped at a corner waiting to make a right turn after our light turned green, she had been behind me and distracted, saw the light and not my car and just gunned it straight into bumper, never even tried to stop. Knocked the entire rear panel in, which on a unibody may mean the car is a goner as far as her insurance is concerned, at the very least it messed up the trunk and shorted out the electrical system for the tail lights and instrument panel lights. And her car barely had a scratch - mine even still has the paint transfer from her license plate branded on it. At least she was responsible about the incident and didn't try to flee (although in that traffic, she couldn't have gotten away) or try to tell her insurance she wasn't at fault, but it's been a massive bummer not being able to drive at night, having to deal with insurance adjusters and estimates, not being confident in the state of the car.

--

Target West Hollywood had a single Transformers Dirge and Terradive on Tuesday.

Walmart Baldwin Hills had a few TF Terradives and Firetraps, plus a bunch of Star Wars - CW R4-P17, Mandalorian Warrior, dlx TX-20 & mini AAT, Snow Rex & Freeco Bike, TVC Wooof and BAR2-D2, plus Hyena Bomber and Clone Swamp Speeder.

I bought Wooof and Bar2, both cards somewhat bashed but the product inside was good. Wooof is decent, a little too clean and colorful maybe, but overall solid - his hat comes off too easily.

Bar2 is very interesting, the new design takes it up a notch, but it's not a home run either, missing a bit of weathering and the shoulder spacers to deliver, and I'm not entirely thrilled with the bland radar eye, and I really would have liked the drink mixer attachment to have the dome panel as part of it like the old version did. Still, the fact that each glass is removable, the tray is removable, the lower blue grasper's white panel opens to reveal an internal mechanical arm (not quite the arc welder used in the movie, but ok), the middle leg raises and lowers the lightsaber or telescope eye, the fact that it comes with the telescope eye at all, the saber is well-painted and can be fully hidden inside R2, that he's muuuuch more accurate in overall shape and panel design, there's a lot to like about this figure. The drawbacks are the way the telescope eye makes a dome panel forces the dome to not move with it in place (though the blue plastic when you rotate the dome to simulate the panel is a nice thought), that the clearance on the saber is so slight that it can cause clearance issues if not careful and certainly won't let it launch nicely (it's not meant to launch at all I suppose), and the fact that the saber hilt is still ROTS Obi-Wan's although they did a great job with the accessory this time with good paint and a solid plastic instead of rubbery. The dome's shape highlights how off the other astromechs are, it IS right and all of them are now suuuuper wrongo. The dome sculpting is fair but not outstandingly sharp, the paint is thoughtful but feels like it's missing a step, the body and dome feel like they need weathering or something to really make them pop. But it's a good figure, and they included more accurate wheels in the feet, the middle foot has a footpeg hole instead of wheels which is interesting. I like this figure, I love the scene it represents so I am mostly quite happy about this one, but I do feel like it's not entirely there, it's an 8 or a 9 instead of a 10.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    My case from BBTS came in yesterday with all the cards bent or something wrong with them. I was bummed, until my GF says to me got you a surprise. She found me a MOMC unpunched Gam Guard! I then asked where she got it and when she said Target. I bagged *** over there to get all new MOMC! These figures are great. I will miss the OT themed waves.
    Nice get. You gonna return the mangled cards to Target?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    hit glendale target a few hrs. ago. Lot of jedi in stock. No new CW though. It's almost painful to see the punches pushed out on the pegs. Had name change vader & a few gam. guards too. Happy hunting.
    Oh, I forgot, Baldwin Hills WM had name-change Vader as well as UGH Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Sounds like they're stocking them (at Target) later in the day rather than before the store opens.
    Target claims they stock when they receive it. Sometimes it's true, mostly it's more about when they get around to it, but I've gotten some finds in the later day that weren't there in the early hours.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thx for that mini-review on bar2-D2. Really glad I got it now. (esp. for $7). Was going to pass initially since i have at least 2 other R2s, but since there's a new 3PO and this mold is new -decided to keep.

friend helped me put the batteries into my at-at yesterday and...wow!! I love all the phrases and noises. Esp. the bike noises that keep going, long after the button is pressed. The blue and red lights are quite a treat. Need to open more snowtroopers! So far I have snowtroops, Veers, driver, Luke and willrow riding inside. Yes, the troops got their ice cream!!

Stevenson Ranch WM had a huge display of ROTJ wave on Friday. Multiples of everyone as far as I could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Nice get. You gonna return the mangled cards to Target?

Nope, I opened all of the bent cards. Oh but wait I am returning the PT figures and the Sandtrooper.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sentry View Post
    Stevenson Ranch WM had a huge display of ROTJ wave on Friday. Multiples of everyone as far as I could tell.
    I was there Friday night and they do have multiples of every figure except Wicket and Luke. I was able to score one Wicket among the GG's and Endore soldiers.

So there are 2-3 mando and arc bp's along with a tac droid and tank and a arf with boil at west hollywood target. Although to my jawdropping surprise the deluxe there are $20.39 ???????? are you nuts target almost 21 dollers for deluxe.

On another note WTF hasbro did they seriously drop commander JET from the undead geonoisian quin vos wave?????? hes not in any case packs and not listed on any site.

Got my rocket fett and bric in the mail fri and sat. fett was double boxed but still a little warped on the card nice try though hasbro the effort is noted. Also saw a fixed Clone in the vintage correctly painted but passed bc the helmet was yellowing. Come on hasbro its paint and distribution 101. Get it together.

Wedge and Yoda??

So I must have missed something along the way, what is the story with Wedge and Yoda in the ROTJ wave? Have seen all of the other figures but not those. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight4516 View Post
    So there are 2-3 mando and arc bp's along with a tac droid and tank and a arf with boil at west hollywood target. Although to my jawdropping surprise the deluxe there are $20.39 ???????? are you nuts target almost 21 dollers for deluxe.

On another note WTF hasbro did they seriously drop commander JET from the undead geonoisian quin vos wave?????? hes not in any case packs and not listed on any site.

Got my rocket fett and bric in the mail fri and sat. fett was double boxed but still a little warped on the card nice try though hasbro the effort is noted. Also saw a fixed Clone in the vintage correctly painted but passed bc the helmet was yellowing. Come on hasbro its paint and distribution 101. Get it together.
    Commander Jet has been postponed, probably because they're putting him in some 2-packs as well and couldn't fill case needs. They haven't said when it'll be on basic card yet, AFAIK.