Page 833 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 333733783823829830831832833834835836837843883933 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,330 of 10341
    Oh. So that's why I couldn't order Jett from HTS!

Thanks for the info JT.

I only want one figure of Jet anyway. He goes in command of the Flame Thrower Clones.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Just got back from Stevenson Ranch WM. Still lots of Vintage and a lot of ROTJ (minus Luke and Wicket). Picked up several GG's and Endor troopers (as those had sold out at HTS before I put in my order.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Finally saw the mini-muggs at Target- they are cute, but I don't like the multi-pack concept. Too bad these came out so late- I have so many of the bigger ones already.

Guys, just in case you are looking for a good OT gift for a nephew or son, I'm still selling my MIMB Degobah X-Wing and POTJ Snowspeeder w/ Daks. Also have some collector's tin sets- everything at original retail price.

odds & ends

i'm no expert & haven't been keeping up with scum -but Yoda has been pushed back til later (AOTC wave maybe?) and Wedge -i have no idea, but I think pushed back indefinitely.

at that s.clarita wally - wonder why the lukes and wickets went first?? Armybuilders? Customizers? Scalpers? or a combination of all 3??

Did a big run today, front-loaded all my finds unfortuantely so it was just mainly getting out and tooling around for the rest. Here are the fruits of my efforts...

Pico Rivera WM - TVC Wicket, Luke, Gamorrean Guard, Endor Trooper, bought all 4. TX-20 Dlx vehicle. Jabba. CW Cmdr Battle Droid.

Duarte WM - Nada.

Duarte Target - even less.

Monrovia TRU - Hyena Bomber maybe? Not much, that's for sure.

Azusa/Covina TRU - same.

Azusa/Covina WM - TIE Bombers, plenty, passed.

Miniviews:
    Wicket no longer is "Wicket W. Warwick", I wonder why Hasbro pulled that part of his name from the card. Ok figure, but no waist articulation, awkward hips, no elbows or knees. Spear is a touch too long and can't be held 2-handed. Alternate cartoon accessories are ok but add nowhere near enough to justify this product. Still, a fair figure for what it is.

Luke is a little taller, costume has better sculpting, head is ok but very passive expression and hair is too fair. The posture is pretty odd not just at the neck but the torso too, and no universal-jointed torso limits expressiveness. Left hand is uuuuuugly thanks to a big wrist joint. Saber isn't as nicely painted as the R2 one. Head is not swappable with the previous Luke Jedi, neck height and ball-joint sizes are way different. An ok figure, but I kinda like the previous one better despite its flaws.

Gamorrean Guard is nearly perfect, but frustrating in a few little ways. He's way green without weathering. His hat comes off at the drop of a hat (haw haw). His articulation is a bit limited in range of motion. His furry skirt is waaaaaaaaay too long. His torso is too short. You can fold up the skirt a little but there's still too much. Still, sculpting is very good, what paint is there works, 3 nice accessories, massive figure.

Endor Rebel is another nearly perfect figure, drawn down just by the craned-forward sculpted neck, there's no excuse for that crap. His bald head is a bit odd but that's due mainly to being used to the character's hair in the Sideshow version, I think. I'm not in love with the bandolier being part of the belt, makes turning the torso a challenge, doubly so with the backpack put in. But the backpack is nice, the cloth duster is nice and has a hole for the backpack, costume and paint are good.

I don't have Ackbar yet, but the pics look solid for him, so I'd say this wave is top drawer for the TVC line.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    i'm no expert & haven't been keeping up with scum -but Yoda has been pushed back til later (AOTC wave maybe?) and Wedge -i have no idea, but I think pushed back indefinitely.
    Yoda doesn't seem to be in the AOTC wave, but they didn't have him in the ROTJ wave in the panel photos to begin with so it wasn't meant to be there, coming later. Wedge is postponed to next year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

at that s.clarita wally - wonder why the lukes and wickets went first?? Armybuilders? Customizers? Scalpers? or a combination of all 3??
    Yep. That's the one. Not sure why. They short packed?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Not shortpacked, wave 3 has 11 variation cases, nearly all of them have 1 per case everybody (the holdovers are Vader, Sandtrooper, Anakin/Vader, and Clone Trooper). Each variation seems to have a different figure in the wave double-packed, every single figure in the wave has its own double-pack variant case, new and refreshed figures alike.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

again, thx for the mini-reviews JT. Takes me years to open figures. Slow me. I was wondering if it's possible to put the hat from the saga endor Luke on the tvc and if the poncho works as well. If u have em handy, plmk.

Strangely, I don't have them handy, I don't know where those accessories would be, it's odd because I have such an affinity for ROTJ Luke figures. But I would think they'd fit this figure just fine, minus the missing vest issue.

again, thx for the mini-reviews JT. Takes me years to open figures. Slow me. I was wondering if it's possible to put the hat from the saga endor Luke on the tvc and if the poncho works as well. If u have em handy, plmk.

People on RS did it so yes, it's possible!