Page 835 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 335735785825831832833834835836837838839845885935 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,350 of 10395
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean the Hutt View Post
    any one see the tie bomber at any San Diego wal marts?. They don't appear to be showing up in the North county. So I need to make a road trip to a decent wal mart.
    I saw it once, just a few days ago. That was also the last time I went to a Wal-Mart, too.

I'm not really going to the stores when I can order online and the stores are busy, and it's dark and cold outside when I'm traveling to them.

The TIE Bomber was boxed nice. I didn't look at the price, as I never planned to buy it. I have two from the older release.

I did check it out some more. It shoots more missiles or something now. And the pilot comes out (manually I think) from an ejection seat.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sean the Hutt
    thanks Tycho, is that the wal mart by the fry's in Tierra Santa?
    I would buy it online, but i have not seen it show up on the wal mart site yet.
    i have the earlier version. i just like the ships. along with the y-wing. and tie defender, it is among my favorites. It's all about the ships for me. Cantina aliens, ships, Jabba's palace, death star, and droids...that pretty much sums it up for me.

Cato parasitti stash claimed. Boba/Undead geonosian and shaak ti/r4-p17 stashes still available. (Unless the store has been extremely, extremely ravaged from Black fri./wknd sales.)

c'mon Snags and crunchy -where's the tvc AOTC wave already??!

Anyone want to pay $11 for clone wars figs? I saw some of the new release at a Walgreens. I don't really collect the animated figs, so it was easy for me to pass up. But there's a dude with a big scary head and a silly name, Shaak-ti, R4P17.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Picked up the vintage 9-pack today at Burbank Target. They had 18 this morning at around 9AM. NoHo Target and Pacoima Target also had them. Most of them were banged up...finding a mint one was tough.

Can't wait for the next wave...

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Scored a nice minty Target 9 pack today. I love the look of this!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

what are the chances of these packs hitting clearance? I only like about half of the figs contained.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    what are the chances of these packs hitting clearance? I only like about half of the figs contained.
    This IS Target we're discussing here. The chances are not even chances, they're certainties. I bought one Sunday. There was not one that I would judge a C10, so I settled for less, but ultimately, this set is headed for clearance. As usual, save your receipts since there will likely be a clearance within the 3 month window for returns. I'm hoping enough Snowspeeders last so I can fleet build. I have two, but would like a few more if they reach 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean the Hutt View Post
    thanks Tycho, is that the wal mart by the fry's in Tierra Santa?
    I would buy it online, but i have not seen it show up on the wal mart site yet.
    i have the earlier version. i just like the ships. along with the y-wing. and tie defender, it is among my favorites. It's all about the ships for me. Cantina aliens, ships, Jabba's palace, death star, and droids...that pretty much sums it up for me.
    I don't remember if I thanked you enough for my HK-47 Droid part!

(Thank you)

It arrived last week. My new sig line reflects the only BAD parts I'm now missing.

The TIE Bomber was at the Grossmont Mall Wal-Mart (La Mesa). It's the only time I've seen it. It does look cool, but I bought 2 before - one each time around (POTJ and Saga1) so I don't need any more. I didn't know who else was looking for this ship.

I found the ROTJ wave there (at the Target in the same mall) today - all the figures including Ackbar and the Gamorrean (neither of which I bought - but I did get my final (and 6th) Wooof and another Wicket (4th I think).

I'm only finding certain figures "diorama useful."

For me, Star Wars collecting is about the Ugnaughts.

The Ugnaughts are the whole reason George Lucas created Star Wars.

You see, Anakin turns to the Dark Side which leads the Empire to take over Cloud City when the Sith are looking to capture young Skywalker and this prompts an inter-galactic Ugnaught revolution. My newer dioramas will reflect this as soon as the make new Ugnaught figures, like:

Ugnaught TIE Pilot
    Ugnaught Sandcrawler Driver
    Carbon Frozen Ugnaught
    Ugnaught in Ewok Capture Net
    Dark Side Ugnaught
    Ugnaught Half-Digested by Opee Sea Killer
    Ugnaught in Rancor Dung
    Darth Ugnaught
    Ugnaught in Dancing Slave Girl costume
    Cyborg Ugnaught Medical Droid
    Ugnaught Vong (from the EU)

I think we should immediately petition Hasbro to make these figures.

Oh - look! It could be proposed as an 11-pack.

Speaking of which, I found the Target 9 pack. Geeze that's a huge box! Are those figures really going to sell?

It looks like:

Han Hoth currently available on Saga Legends (thus many have)
    Hoth Rebel - a troop builder is always useful
    FX-7 - very useful if you weren't collecting at the end of 2001 POTJ

Alien Bespin Guard Utriss M'Toc - good for those who missed the TRU excl wave
    Luke Bespin - on the vintage card everywhere
    Lando - POTJ or 2004 vintage? Hard to tell, but charming as ever. Convenient, too.

AT-AT Driver - I think this is available as a Saga Legends right now.
    TIE Pilot - very useful since the TIE Bomber and TIE Fighter are out
    Zuckuss - not very useful, especially considering his vintage is on an ESB card shipping

So 6 of the 9 figures are actually useful:

Hoth Reb - army builder
    FX-7
    Utriss M'Toc
    Lando (if you missed him)
    AT-AT Driver - army builder
    TIE Pilot - army builder

Han, Luke, and Zuckuss are leftovers that openers will be stuck with.

If you buy this for the sheer novelty of it - well then this product is for you.

In Toys R Us today, I saw a Ghostbusters 5 pack that included very well sculpted representations of the cast as well as Slimer. Made by Mattel, this set actually tempted me for like 2 minutes.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

TRU Los Feliz had only 1 TVC figure, it was a non-corrected Clone Trooper, and it was not in the right place. Death to this store!

Target Glendale had 1 TVC Wicket.

Target Eagle Rock had 2 TVC Wooofs, and an endcap full of those Special 9-Packs (the endcap was conveniently located on the back, up by the dollies, great placement there... jerks).

Still no TVC Ackbar or CW Embo or Vos or Cato or Draa. I could really use a stash on any of those, last night I actually had a vivid dream of tracking down Ackbar and trying to buy him from a little shop after failing to bring myself to steal one outside a Target-like store (I don't know why my dream said it was wrong to "steal" it when it was already outside of the store, but I'm under the weather so dream logic is even more screwy than usual).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.