Page 839 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 339739789829835836837838839840841842843849889939 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 10415
    I'm in, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    So that's how she got that name. Hmm. If he was there I didn't see him, she mainly hung out with Cat Taber & other voice actors.

Well, here goes my crack at a raffle.

Grand prize: Savage Opress retro theme poster.

2nd place: CW temporary tattoo sheet and $10 station cash card for online game SW: Clone Wars Adventures. (www.clonewarsadventures.com, credit may also be used for other Sony Online Ent. [SOE] games).

Rules: I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Both prizes: Must be a SSG member and have at least 50 posts (no cheating!). Must be an LA resident (exception can be made for SD members who frequent). Prefer to do a meetup for the winners, but if I absolutely must mail, winner pay postage please. [Keep in mind I'll have to buy a tube for the poster]. Also, this'll be on the honor system, but entrants must not have these items already to be fair to everyone.

To enter simply write "I'm in." or "count me in" in this thread. One entry per person. Accepting entries till 1AM tonight (Wed. morning, 12/8/10). If it doesn't look very good at ending time, I may expand it a few more hours. I will put all entrants' names on a piece of paper, put them in a hat, mix them up & draw.

Hopefully 2nd place winner has children, but if not, oh well, maybe they'll have a niece or nephew to give it to.

That's it. Let the games begin!!!!!!! Good luck!!!
    Cool idea! What inspired it? I'm in, btdubs
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Target West Hollywood had a couple Pre Viszlas, CW figs on sale there for $6.49, TVC on sale for $6 but all they have are wave 1 pegwarmers - 4LOM, Dengar, AT-AT Commander, Cloud Car Pilot. MOUNTAINS of them.

In TF, they had a couple Skullgrins (based on the Straxus/Darkmount mold) and 1 Thunderwing, which I bought for $9.04.

Also, Bkusna's figures arrived, that was very cool of him to send me these and I greatly appreciate it. Ackbar, Cato Parasiti, Draa, and Embo all showed up looking fantastic. His generosity really took a load off my collecting mind, shoring up pretty much every figure I had been looking for. And they're all great figures.

Admiral Ackbar is a worthy upgrade to the ol' POTF2 version, the head sculpt and paint are tighter, the body more his style, and that's saying a lot because the old one was really good. The new version has a ball-jointed neck, good addition (although a nitpick, it's a touch too far forward so the joint shows a little), and ball-hinge shoulders, elbows, and knees, plus rotation forearms. The outfit sculpt is good, though his rank badge is inaccurate. His accessories are his baton and the panel from his chair, which he can hold in his right hand, both are good, the panel works better than I expected, but they put it in the tray with the thin microphone stalk bent the wrong way so it's permanently wilted away from him. He's pretty much a top notch upgrade in every way.

Clone Trooper Draa uses the newer Cmdr Stone body, and sports green stripes and a logo on his helmet. His big gimmick is that he's got 4 accessories - a cloth-top backpack, standard blaster, standard rifle, and a new non-firing rocket launcher. The figure itself looks fine without all his gear, this is the first one I've gotten using the new helmet on the new torso, they use the smaller neck from the figures with heads under removable helmets, it's effective on this helmet-only head with a decent range of motion and the neck doesn't show too much, but it's not quite as good as the original design, there's not enough downward range of motion and the underside "lip" isn't as deep. The accessories make the man though, the backpack looks good on, the rocket launcher is cool and fits in his hand better than others AND it has a strap to wear on his back. Not the best clone ever, but a good expression of the basic army-building concept.

Cato Parasiti is the female shapeshifter bounty hunter, the one who turns into Jocasta Nu. The figure has a lot of articulation and for a female figure (they usually get less), very well integrated. Sculpt and deco are top drawer, although oddly the pouches on her waist are pegged on, entirely removable and potentially losable. Flip-up mask gimmick is keen. About the only thing I'm not totally sold on is the gigantic sniper rifle, it's bigger than I remember it in the cartoon - it does have a solid feel though, not at all rubbery like most would be. Lots of bounty hunter personality on this figure, and it's covered in semi-nonsensical aurebesh writing (her pants seem to say blastech but spelled with a Q or something). A very good figure, the right blend of creepy character and techno armor.

Embo is pretty damned awesome, just as the character was on the show. The sculpt and deco are rock solid, even the paint on his soft-goods skirt is good work. Articulation is good too, not some statue, the ball-jointed neck is the most important as it gives him tons of personality to express. Accessories include removable plastic armor, 2 small throwing knifes that holster into the armor's bandolier, the awesome Embo hat that pegs onto his head, and his large bowcaster with its hinged bow halves and it pegs into his bandolier and it even has the little painted logo on it. So, pretty much the most boss figure of the year, I suspect he'll be on my short list for YIR (year in review) in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack View Post
    I don't suppose anyone is finding these, are they? Long, long time since I've been around here - hello everyone - but it's Christmas time, the good stuff is coming out...and I saw one of these ARC Trooper Battle Packs once and passed on it like an idiot, thinking that I wouldn't be happy with only two of the "new helmet" ARC Troopers.

Then I realized how cool the Captain Fordo (?) sculpt was, and that Rex came with a sick LMG-type blaster rifle...but went back to Target and it was gone. Have not seen another one since, doesn't even look like my Target is refreshing the pegs.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Like I said, been a while. Glad to see some familiar faces (avatars?) in the thread.
    Afraid I haven't seen it since the first few times last month, or was that October actually?

Nice to see another familiar face around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Just curious, do any of the regulars here watch the Clone Wars series? Even though I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff, I still watch the show- but I'm on the fence about it. It looks great in HD, and sounds very good on a home theater system, but the stories leave me with a "meh" at the end. The Obi-wan clone battle eps got tired after a while, and now the "political" ones with Padme are getting on my nerves. I love the look but I think someone needs to hire a new writing team to amp this up. Maybe it's just a futile effort since we know what is going to happen and that most of the characters will die, which is why I like the side stories on Mandalor, bounty hunters, etc. More of that might make this exciting again.
    I watch CW, not in HD unfortunately. This season has been unbearable in the writing department, preachy politics and stupid actions, not much adventure anymore. I'm hoping it's just a slump. Mandalore stories have been a huge disappointment though.

dude, the CW Secrets revealed screening was beyond awesome. Briefly got to shake Filoni's hand and virtually all of the voice talent/cast attended. Also, R2 and the 501st showed up. Pop quiz with prizes before the screening given by James Arnold Taylor, Cat Taber, Ashley Eckstein and Nika Futterman-pretty fun. Then........ the episodes. 3 of them together seamlessly. Wow, when these debut next month, they'll make ur head explode. Dark and excellent. Of everything across all seasons so far, this arc will probably go down in the top 3 arcs they ever made. Maybe top 2. No spoilers. It's better that way. After the episodes - a quick preview of the latter half of season 3. It was so fast it was hard to remember, but everything looked very interesting. Villains, landscapes, action, etc. After the show, handouts! I didn't get a lot, but they had temp. tattoos for kids, posters, and a shirt.
    Gotta run b/c i have work early tomorrow, but maybe i'll do a raffle on here for the 1 extra poster i have and set of tattoos. (before i start, must be an LA resident) There was also some game card thing, but i'll have to look again for specifics. Think it was credit toward Lucas arts games. gotta go
    AAAAAHHHHH! Sounds awesome! I could kill my friend Rick, he got him and me tix to the screening last night then couldn't make it due to work and wouldn't let me use the tix without him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT - try dropping Ackbar's console in boiling water for a few seconds. It softens the plastic enough to lose it's "memory", then you can reposition it how you want. If you want it to hold in a certain position, throw it immediately in the freezer for a few minutes.

I have fixed many "permanent" warping on figures and accessories this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    JT - try dropping Ackbar's console in boiling water for a few seconds. It softens the plastic enough to lose it's "memory", then you can reposition it how you want. If you want it to hold in a certain position, throw it immediately in the freezer for a few minutes.

I have fixed many "permanent" warping on figures and accessories this way.
    I considered doing that, but a part this thin and long I don't think will thermoset against that much warpage.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I considered doing that, but a part this thin and long I don't think will thermoset against that much warpage.
    I dunno - might be worth the try. I thought the tailfin on one of my Tf: Energon figures was done-zo (totally curved in on itself due to years of having a heavier figure resting on top of it in a box). I just dipped the tailfin in for a few seconds to soften the plastic, reshaped it, and it was literally as good as when I first bought it.

Which was still awful - so I sold it on e-bay. That's a bit of a digression, though. Sorry.

It's easier to set something wider like that though where it has more shape to it, like Starscream's tail (I'm assuming it's Energon Starscream, could have been Sharkticon or Slugslinger or any of the Superion Maximus guys tho'). I may give it a shot, but I suspect it's SO thin that it's like trying to restraighten cooked spaghetti.

So that's how she got that name. Hmm. If he was there I didn't see him, she mainly hung out with Cat Taber & other voice actors.

Well, here goes my crack at a raffle.

Grand prize: Savage Opress retro theme poster.

2nd place: CW temporary tattoo sheet and $10 station cash card for online game SW: Clone Wars Adventures. (www.clonewarsadventures.com, credit may also be used for other Sony Online Ent. [SOE] games).

Rules: I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Both prizes: Must be a SSG member and have at least 50 posts (no cheating!). Must be an LA resident (exception can be made for SD members who frequent). Prefer to do a meetup for the winners, but if I absolutely must mail, winner pay postage please. [Keep in mind I'll have to buy a tube for the poster]. Also, this'll be on the honor system, but entrants must not have these items already to be fair to everyone.

To enter simply write "I'm in." or "count me in" in this thread. One entry per person. Accepting entries till 1AM tonight (Wed. morning, 12/8/10). If it doesn't look very good at ending time, I may expand it a few more hours. I will put all entrants' names on a piece of paper, put them in a hat, mix them up & draw.

Hopefully 2nd place winner has children, but if not, oh well, maybe they'll have a niece or nephew to give it to.

That's it. Let the games begin!!!!!!! Good luck!!!
    "I'm in." or "count me in"

I'll give it a try.

Count me in.

Yeah, I watch the CW series. If the current trend continues, they're going to lose a lot of the "kid" audience. The ratings are going to drop (if they haven't already) and the series will be canceled. The series is getting to "preachy" and not enough action. Last season I couldn't wait to come home and watch the latest episode off my DVR. This year, episodes are just sitting on my DVR and I'll watch them when I have nothing else to watch.