Page 848 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 348748798838844845846847848849850851852858898948 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 10357
    Saw both sets of Endor BP's at Burbank TRU today- I kind of like the droids, but not so much the pilots.

Thanks for the tip, Jango. Picked up a set. I love the pilots AND droids and can never get enough. And I had $5 off for each, so I got 8 figs for $40. A great haul for me!

Had an interesting conversation with the cashier. He said that these sets of figures that have little announcement or fanfare are part of Hasbro's anti-scalper initiative. They want the collectors to be able to get these figures at a fair price early before scalpers catch wind. They will be releasing additional surprise sets at other stores throughout the year.

Not sure if any of it's true, but it was a fascinating story nonetheless.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

That's funny because at RS they have been talking about the packs for a few monts. People at TRU have no clue what they are talking about. If a collector knows a scalper knows.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

In that case, I was easily swayed by my lack of knowledge. Maybe I'd just forgotten about them.

Sounds like you were talking to Wormser. He usually works in the video game section and likes to spin some tall tales.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Sounds like you were talking to Wormser. He usually works in the video game section and likes to spin some tall tales.

-Snags
    LOL! I've talked to Wormser and he's usually full of BS.

Last time I was in TRU and tried to ask Wormser where to find a particular item he said, "We're out, but have you tried Chubby13, the collector shop in the mall?"

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Last time I was in TRU and tried to ask Wormser where to find a particular item he said, "We're out, but have you tried Chubby13, the collector shop in the mall?"
    Yep. That was the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    For Sale: Mini Mag Stand Displays

I have two of these and they are great, but when I moved, I lost a lot of "display" space, so these have to go. I'm not sure this company is still in business, but I have the stair-stepped unit with the magnetic stands and it looks great for assembling your troops. I paid $25 each when these were new, but I'll let them go for $18 each. They are black with black stands.
    Sold one of these guys, and still have one more- These should fit on a Detolf shelf, so if you like to mix your busts and statues with basic figures, this is a great way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    LOL! I've talked to Wormser and he's usually full of BS.
    When Burbank TRU purged their store of the scalper element that was working there a few years ago (Chef Boyardee and his gang) they somehow overlooked Wormser.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]