Page 85 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    If you guys don't tell us WHERE, it's just bragging.

I hear ya. They keep doing that here. What is the purpose of letting us know then? Do they want a medal?

They must have put out two cases of TAC 2 at W. Covina Target. I got the one McFett there(so I could pose another with alternate head). I'll stash any more I see.

Order 66 must be on clearance because I saw about 6 Thire sets at W. Covina for $6.98. Nothing else. And at Baldwin Park Target, I saw a guy with a cart full of the cylinders(and the DPCI did not list any on stock or on the aisles).

I have yet to see any new comic packs. I'm only interested in Obi Wan and Luke ones.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    I hear ya. They keep doing that here. What is the purpose of letting us know then? Do they want a medal?
    LOL, yeah it's mostly bragging, but it's also to keep the scalpers at bay. PM for the info if you must know.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Now you know that area Targets have marked down BPs again. That was the purpose of my post. You have gained information. Which Target I found them was not important. The store at which I found them is now cleaned out. I bought them all.

Besides, if for some strange reason I didn't buy them all, and I listed the specific store, what are the chances that you're going to get there before someone else who reads the same info? Slim.

If someone ever wants specific store info, just shoot me a PM.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Speck, was that mechanic dude at TRU on saturday the infamous Plumber Bob?

I didn't realize we were dealing with military secrets here. Next time it's asked, just keep saying "the Death Star plans are not in the main computer!" Yeesh! Talk about delusions of grandeur, like scalpers really are homing in on every word we utter.

Anyway, I spotted VTSC2 Leia and most of TAC wave 2 at *location withheld* yesterday, picked up Leia.

*TRU monrovia
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I didn't realize we were dealing with military secrets here. Next time it's asked, just keep saying "the Death Star plans are not in the main computer!" Yeesh! Talk about delusions of grandeur, like scalpers really are homing in on every word we utter.

Anyway, I spotted VTSC2 Leia and most of TAC wave 2 at *location withheld* yesterday, picked up Leia.

*TRU monrovia
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I met two new Star Wars collectors at Target this morning. Actually one guy I speak with maybe once a week now is probably reading this, as he lurks here but doesn't feel like posting as of yet. Who knows? I think he might join just to open up one more avenue of communication with some San Diego collectors via PM. However, Target had nothing.

So 3 of us stood around wondering whether Target will clearance the Saga2 stuff at the end of the month as that sku dies - or if they have so much of it in their warehouses (and even Hasbro's), that it will be pooring out of there all summer and TAC will be terribly delayed.

All the space and pegs set up for Transformers remained empty. There's a huge wall or red -(the color of the isle backboards) that goes maybe 10 pegs wide and 4 pegs high. They don't even have the protoforms out. My guess is that the employees might be so non-comprehending that they think they can't even put more protoforms out, let alone whatever stuff Hasbro has now authorized prior to June 2nd. Ah well, that's 10 more days they can lose money.

I went to Toys R Us just to see if I could take a look. Nothing there either. They do have buy 2 get 1 free for POTC and I'm thinking of locking up some more figures for SW background use. But that darn Black Pearl keeps calling to me and I might buy a limited number of Pirate figures to set up with it. In general, I'm not really a toy enthusiast (cough-cough).

OK, Star Wars is a 12 year old bad habit by now. Let's leave that out of it for a moment.

13 - the number of very select Transformers I have - only certain Alts and MPEs. I probably won't buy the movie stuff, but wait for products that cater to the movie but resemble my favored toy series. Alt BumbleBee and Barricade would rock, as would MPE Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Brawl.

Star Trek - it's limited and distribution is relegated to SunCoast and Comic Shops, etc. - but the Diamond / ArtAsylum stuff still holds me.

McFarlane Terminator stuff - there wasn't much of it - but I like that stuff. I wanted a Kyle Reese figure, as well as a T1 Sarah Conner, or non-damaged T1 Terminator in punk rock gear. But I don't think we'll ever see that.

And that's it. That's why I also don't really want to get into POTC stuff either. Waterworld once really tempted me, too. But I resisted. But doing "water based" displays sound really cool - though POTC's quality totally surpasses Kenner's Waterworld stuff.

Anyway, Sears Essentials got TAC Wave 2 revision case in but I missed the good stuff. They had Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Lava Miner, Mace, R2D2, and Super Battle Droid. They also had the coin album with Vader - probably 9 of them at least.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

city of Commerce Target had plenty of clearance Order 66. All of the sets, though Thire seemed to be the most common and the Airborne set the least common. $6.98. I didn't get any.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Speck, was that mechanic dude at TRU on saturday the infamous Plumber Bob?

Yes, in the flesh! I love it when he shows up with greased back hair and 5 o'clock shadow.

Anyway, the single story Target in Pasadena had VTAC today, but when the guy brought them to customer service, he dropped off two Leia's and then ran off. I didn't get a chance to ask where the rest of the case was. I went to the Lake Ave. Pasadena Target and got the grandaddy of crappy excuses: "The system says there are none in the entire area, and that covers like 50 miles." I told him that I just found two at the other store and he told me that they were probably recent returns of old stock and that they weren't in the system anymore. I told him they were brand new items and he shrugged. I asked another employee to help me look for them and she was extremely annoyed with me- told me that the scanner was wrong (it said backroom yes). So, I quit for the day. Stopped by a comic shop and saw Roron Corobb in the flesh- very nice, can't wait to get mine in the mail. Also saw a GG C3PO bust that was pretty tasty.