Page 88 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188588 ... LastLast
    I forgot to mention, on Saturday I spotted the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter in the new TAC box (the front is green, stands out like a sore thumb from all the rest) at WM Duarte and Target Pasadena 2-story.

I could really use a stashing on a Titanium V-wings! I don't even know what retailers to look for them at.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    I know it might be tough but if at least a few people on the board can get together for a beer at Celeb IV and put a name to a face, people wont look strange at each other in stores and believe that if I dont know you the you must be a scalper.
    Thanks for listening
    That was a lot of fun at Celebration 3 in Indiana (we chose TGI Fridays for our spot). I might be able to drive up on Sunday night if you guys are getting together then. (I suspect the convention might close early on Sunday - but might not. Isn't Monday "Memorial Day," thus there's still a con on Monday?

Anyway, Saturday night for me is a Queensryche concert down here in San Diego and I don't want to be too tired to miss it. Long drives and a lot of walking take its toll on me these days.

Meanwhile, I was offered the chance to go for FREE on Thursday using my best friend's guest pass, but I think it will be too much. He's offering for me to leave my truck in Oceanside and he'll drive the rest of the way, then drop me off in OS when he returns to Temecula where he's staying with his brother. I don't think I'm going to do it though. You have to go too early to beat traffic, and probably leave to late. I need to take naps somewhere or I get more nauscious than I usually do. I've done 3 Cons before - all lead-ins to movies. This one doesn't lead in to anything such. Furthermore, my buddy is an autograph hound and at every Celebration - we've gone together to all the others - he brings piles of stuff to sign. He probably has almost every Star Wars action figure autographed - maybe even having paid for Harrison Ford's and Liam Neeson's (not sure on that, as I don't have a huge appreciation for autographs myself - but that's his thing so more power to him.) Still, if he takes me, it would only be right to keep him company.

He lurks on the boards I think - but he doesn't really post. So he hasn't likely any interest in meeting you all. He's an army-builder and hoards, so I don't think he likes making friends with others he sees as competition. That's my guess. But he and I have managed to be friends for 12 years. But he won't be staying up in LA to go for steaks and beers after the con. I'll need him to drop me off in OS and then I'm sure he'll go to bed early so he can be the first in line for the Con the next day. At C3 - he'd leave our hotel room at 4 in the morning and drag his wife with him! I find it easier to get in those things AFTER everyone else has, thus I don't wait in any line. With my particular strategy, I slept in and "the last waits the least." If they let everyone in at 10am - showing up at 11am means there'll be no wait.

Plus our hotel had complimentary breakfast - just starting at 7am, not at 4am. So we have different styles. Plus I stay out late at night and take a cab back to the hotel at the other celebrations (well twice I rented a car while there). But that makes it all the more fun. My hobby's not standing in lines at obscene hours. But hey, that's just me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    Jango
    I know it might be tough but if at least a few people on the board can get together for a beer at Celeb IV and put a name to a face, people wont look strange at each other in stores and believe that if I dont know you the you must be a scalper.
    Thanks for listening
    Sure thing...I'll be going from Thursday through Sunday, so if we can work something out, that would be great. I may go home in the evenings for dinner though- but perhaps I can hang out for dinner one night.

P.S. I received my two Hasbro orders today. Too bad they were ordered with the old coupon, before the free shipping one.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I could really use a stashing on a Titanium V-wings! I don't even know what retailers to look for them at.
    K-mart Burbank is where I found them. I'll stash if I see more.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    I didn't recognize the guy at Kmart yesterday who handed me the Obi-Wan/ARC pack, or his buddy who joined him a bit later. Since he handed me the 2nd ARC set, the "hot" one of the new wave, I figured "not a scalper" and overheard them chatting about painting figures while I was in the next aisle. I think that sealed the "no scalper" judgment
    That was a buddy and myself. We were at Eagle Rock Target that morning when another buddy told us he just came from K-Mart and they had plenty comic 2 packs.

CIV Friends/Family Coupons

I'm confused: on one side of the F&F passes, it says "Coupons are not day or time specific" and has a big MAY 24-28 2007 label at the top. On the other side, it says "These coupons can be used for: Entrance to the CC on Exclusive Fan Club Day"

Does this mean I can bring a friend/family member on ANY day during the weekend, or just FanClub day? I have a four day pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I'm confused: on one side of the F&F passes, it says "Coupons are not day or time specific" and has a big MAY 24-28 2007 label at the top. On the other side, it says "These coupons can be used for: Entrance to the CC on Exclusive Fan Club Day"

Does this mean I can bring a friend/family member on ANY day during the weekend, or just FanClub day? I have a four day pass.
    I think it means, you can use it to bring your F&F to any of the Fan Club only events (like the Lounge) happening through out the con including the Fan Club Day. But you can only use it once per event.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    I think it means, you can use it to bring your F&F to any of the Fan Club only events (like the Lounge) happening through out the con including the Fan Club Day. But you can only use it once per event.
    As well as they have to have their own ticket to get into the Con to begin with, as far I know.

Got my HTS order yesterday, but they forgot to ship the Yavin Luke! It's on the invoice & everything, but only 3 figures inside. Argh. I think they did this once before (or maybe it was Amazon) and shipped the rest separate, so I'll give it another day...

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Got my HTS order yesterday, but they forgot to ship the Yavin Luke! It's on the invoice & everything, but only 3 figures inside. Argh. I think they did this once before (or maybe it was Amazon) and shipped the rest separate, so I'll give it another day...
    Just grab a Yavin Luke at Target and ask for a refund.

So guys, does the F&F coupon allow me to bring a guest on Saturday (for example) who didn't buy a ticket?