Page 883 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 383783833873879880881882883884885886887893933983 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,830 of 10362
    Yeah, I got one. Thankfully, I was wise enough to go on Friday.

The only exclusive I wanted from the HTS booth was the pony (for my lady) and the Starscream/Cobra set, but I'm glad so went through the process on Friday - I heard complaints in the line that it took hours to get a ticket and then hours at the booth on Thursday - thankfully, Friday was a little lighter and it took me a sum total of 3 hours for both processes. I just hope they fix it next year.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Long time, no post! Been hiding out for a while 'cause me & the wife just popped out a set of twins a few weeks ago. Couldn't make it to SDCC this year for that exact reason, but I wanted to thank those of you who helped me with my shopping.
    Congratulations, and good luck with raising twins - I hear they team up and get ya in your sleep. Luckily, babies don't let you sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    chaddymac -- i'm sorry to hear the Rodimus' sold out early. You got one right?? That can probably be attributed to scalpers and/or dealers and EE relaxing the limits just as Hasbro did in the first few days. This in turn screws the people who come on Sat & Sun. I saw countless bags with 4 sentinels, and 3 or 4 IJ sets. Besides the pre-order system, H needs to have more registers and/or multiple sites, no exchanges (unless the item's completely mangled), and should include the sketch book with orders of $75 or more. I also noticed the price of the Joes went up from $14 to 16. No G1 re-issues either. Weak. Hasbro really dropped the ball this year. (I'm not including the nice employees I talked to at the SW panel, Bordreaux, Depriest, sculptors, and TF dept. guys at the display booth)
    EE was not relaxing limits. I was there Friday morning and they were sticking hard to limits, the guys ahead of me in line were trying to double up on their purchases and were shot down on every request (which made the already painfully-slow line EVEN SLOWER). EE was getting handtrucks Thursday and Friday of more MP Rodimus cases throughout each day I looked. That was the only thing I ever saw go into their booth, nothing else got more shipments the way that piece did. When I picked up MP Rodimus on Friday morning, it didn't look like they were going to run out so early in the show's run either, but they had already run out of almost everything Dr Who by then. I guess I'm lucky I got mine along with my multiple Venture Bros figure purchases - they had skunked me on Wed and Thursday with their gigantic, poorly-managed, unmoving lines, so I couldn't plan around it.

Hasbro's answer about HTS booth being "the best system we could come up with" is unacceptable. Their booth is the center of controversy EVERY YEAR now since 2007's debacle where the fire marshal nearly closed the entire convention center over their line. Hasbro needs to address 2 issues - 1) ordering is a disaster, whether online or in line; 2) there clearly ain't enough to go around, especially when your meager anti-scalper methods are failing massively. Make no mistake, Hasbro IS trying to limit scalper interference at the show, but they simply have no understanding of how it's going down. IMO, Hasbro and other retailers need to insist on SDCC clamping down on other booths selling their exclusives at the same show, that stuff is totally unacceptable - there should not be an immediate scalper price increase simply because they have sleazy resources which the rest of us collectors do not. Last year, I was in line talking to another collector, and by the time we made the first corner, 3 different scalpers had approached us to purchase for them, and had successfully made the guy ahead of me buy for them (they bribed him by picking up the Voltron rotocast figure from the Toynami booth, a booth with NO LINE - they didn't even pay for it, the exchanges were equal money!).

Big thanks to Figgy B for the hookup on TF Prime Optimus, the only HTS purchase I wanted. I refused this year to bother with that line, it's too much of a hassle on preview night, and the idea of waiting in line to wait in line is unacceptable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I did hear that one scalper who had hired folks to pick up exclusives for him at HTS and ended up with more than he could carry on his own. And then, while he was answering a phone call, someone swiped half his things. He didn't see who did it and completely freaked out about it.

Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Justice.
    And if they were Autobot toys: carma. Cue Qui-Gon's betting advice to Watto.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Why didn't Hasbro do the badge stamping system anyway?? They did it last year or '09 I believe. Why not do it now?

Ha JT - you should've gotten Rodimus Wed. night first thing, THEN helped Steve

They did stamp badges. Why do you think they didn't?

oh, didn't know that b/c I never bought anything in their line. Haha.

oh, didn't know that b/c I never bought anything in their line. Haha.
    Hahhahaha. And why would you?

Why didn't Hasbro do the badge stamping system anyway?? They did it last year or '09 I believe. Why not do it now?

Ha JT - you should've gotten Rodimus Wed. night first thing, THEN helped Steve
    A lot of dealers were able to get around the badge stamping by lining up with multiple badges. Like their exhibitor badge and a attendee badge which they bought or else some combinations of the two. The guys in front of me in the line to get the tickets for the line itself were openly boasting about how many badges they had at their disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    A lot of dealers were able to get around the badge stamping by lining up with multiple badges. Like their exhibitor badge and a attendee badge which they bought or else some combinations of the two. The guys in front of me in the line to get the tickets for the line itself were openly boasting about how many badges they had at their disposal.
    If you buy a separate badge for each day, you can do it too. I've often considered it. But I'm not that greedy.