Page 915 of 1040 FirstFirst ... 4158158659059119129139149159169179189199259651015 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 10396
    I have some friends that like midnight showings, so I'm going with them. I did get ticket # 00001 from that theater. :collectorsitem: The AMC 30 in Ontario has a cool-sounding event that is only in 30-some theaters nationwide on Sat.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Recommendation for Star Wars fans: stay home and read Darth Plagueis by James Luceno or see Red Tails by George Lucas.

I hate to spoil this movie for you, but Palpatine will get a sympathy vote and cause himself to be elected Chancellor of the Old Republic while Anakin pushes all the buttons in his Naboo Fighter and causes the destruction of the Trade Federation Droid Control Ship. In between Qui-Gon Jinn is killed by a false-Sith Lord who punishes him for failing to complete his Gamblers' Annonymous curriculum and relapses during the Boonta Eve Pod Race. Obi-Wan Kenobi has a hard time understand why he's even there and becomes a single parent at the end of the film, when Yoda of all people dumps a kid on his doorstep. Re-inserted into the film is the cut-scene where Qui-Gon also leaves him JarJar. This immediately preceedes the scene where Obi-Wan screams, "Noooooo!"

As far as the dialectic masterpiece line is concerned:

TPM - Noooo! (originally when Qui-Gon dies)

AOTC - (probably best inserted when Dooku is about to kill Obi-Wan and Anakin jumps in to save him - but maybe also when Anakin is killing Tuskens).

ROTS - Palpatine, when Mace is going to kill him, Vader upon learning of Padme's death

ANH - Luke when Obi-Wan dies

ESP - Luke when Vader tells him that he is his father

ROTJ - Luke when Vader suggests Leia could be turned to the Dark Side. And Lucas will re-insert Vader's line when Palpatine is about to kill Luke.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Bel-Cam - what is the event in Ontario?? All i know is that real D will have Darth maul design 3D glasses in limited supply for AMC moviegoers.

A friend of mine grabbed some tix for 1:20p show tomorrow at the Krikorian in redlands. Gonna be tired b/c of these graveyards I'm doing, but still psyched. Still haven't seen the bluray version, so this will be a first for me if that's the version used.

Tycho - that line was also used by you at TRU when the last DOTM deluxe and HA Soundwave were taken by the scalpers right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Tycho - that line was also used by you at TRU when the last DOTM deluxe and HA Soundwave were taken by the scalpers right in front of you.
    I think my line was like "Duh....What?"

Because I never saw that happening. He must have been some really quick scalper, Bikerscout.

I've not seen any new Transformers in the wild.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Bel-Cam - what is the event in Ontario?? All i know is that real D will have Darth maul design 3D glasses in limited supply for AMC moviegoers.
    I'll re-post the SW.com link here; it's also in the "SW Movies" section here at SSG.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/episode...creenings.html
    "That's what Sheev said."

Over the weekend, I got all the Wal-Mart exclusive figures (which will be more expensive later on their vintage cards):

Mohanic
    Naboo Pilot **
    R5

** I'd caution diorama builders about buying a bunch of Naboo Pilots. The figure's sculpted with gloves on. It'd be very easy for Hasbro to put on a black man's head to make Bravo team's flight lieutenant. I'd expect the variation, so buy accordingly. IF they make the female pilot...? It's up in the cards whether they'd use a different sculpt and add a more hourglass figure along with a new head and smaller arms and legs.

Tru la cienega had 2x ben qudinaros, on sale 30% off. Also had tf prime rid deluxe bumblebee, cliff jumper, and wheel jack, tho I bought a wheel jack even at the crazy $15 price. these figs are small for deluxes! Wj is pretty good tho.

Target la cienega had 1 tf prime bumblebee $13, and back end caps had some clearance battle packs and stuff.

Target culver had tf prime cyberverse legion figs, nothing else.

Tru culver had 1x daulty dofine at $7.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've still not been able to find a HISS Scout or Cycle Armour at any ROSS. If anyone comes across a pair, please stash (though Ross is a tough place to stash). Thanks!

Crenshaw Walmart had 3 TVC carded figures - Ben Quadinaros, Naboo Royal Guard, and Ratts Tyrell, still at $9 per fig. I walked around with the Naboo Guard but his generic face and STUPID rainbow helmet made me put him back, I'm too broke to drop hard cash on crap like that.

Said store also had a smattering of the exclusive 3d figures, all with levels of mangled packaging. Mawhonic (who was the only one with his glasses still intact, I believe) and G8-R2 from the new figs, some other ones from the existing library. Also the TPM Vulture Droid, which at $30 is a rip-off, it's not a bad mold but it's not worth no $30.

TFP Wheeljack is pretty good, super long arms which aren't accurate to the animation model but remind me of the G1 toy in concept, twin swords that can stow behind his shoulders in cut-outs (not the spoiler), decent articulation and transformation, tons of personality, small but very attractive vehicle mode.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    TFP Wheeljack is pretty good, super long arms which aren't accurate to the animation model but remind me of the G1 toy in concept, twin swords that can stow behind his shoulders in cut-outs (not the spoiler), decent articulation and transformation, tons of personality, small but very attractive vehicle mode.
    WJ is awesome. I love how the swords stow. The arms are a LITTLE show inaccurate, but the windows on the forearms actually do show up in the animation (which I didn't expect). The thing I like about the monkey arms, though, is it reminds me of the original G1 figure.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!