Page 925 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 4258258759159219229239249259269279289299359751025 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,250 of 10428
    I know how you feel. It's so difficult to find figures and they are so expensive, it's hard to muster up the enthusiasm to want to keep going. Used to be I could buy a case because there'd only be one or two figs I don't need, but now? Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight4516 View Post
    movie heroes was valley cant remember
    clonewars was crenshaw wally
    wave 4 was valencia kmart
    wave 3 was target hollywood
    deluxes were twice actually wm in valley and target in valley dont remem specifics
    "All over". Wait, a Kmart was useful? Dang, that's going to confuse things. And you found stuff at my WM? NOBODY finds stuff there anymore! "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I've been trying to post that I think Hasbro can't handle shipping multiple lines at the same time.

Right now, GI Joe and The Avengers occupy their utmost attention due to the movie promos and Star Wars and Transformers will return in Force, soon.

Looks like it may have begun!
    They can handle it, they aren't even contracting from the same factories with some of those lines. Each line has been shipping product fine for the past 5 months, the problem is only that they've been shipping the same wave 1 product that whole time because they overestimated the market interest, and that stems from both the SW and TF teams being gutted and replaced at the same time. Every time we have a winter drought it doesn't let up until the summer push starts.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    In what parallel universe does Joe occupy the top spot with Hasbro, and how can gain entry to this wonderful world?
    Don't forget the source on that one, it's Tycho who can make up any scenario based only on the slimmest of hints and guesses.

I don't know. I assumed they were going to do something for the upcoming movie.

Am I mistaken?
    They will release something, but right now it's not shipping. The movie products right now are Avengers and next is Battleship (it's getting its own line of figures), then GI Joe I think is later in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    i don't even wanna go out --finding new TVC is increasingly becoming the biggest crap shoot ever. This year, maybe the most of the 7 yrs. i've been collecting. Although I did find some CW wave 2 last week (ph.2 Rex and RC Boss), only b/c a good friend of mine elected to do a run on the outer rim. That &*% would been gone in 3 seconds at any valley or LA target/walmart.
    I'm right with you. I was inspired yesterday by DarkKnight's post about his finds and hit 5 stores - all zip. We SoCal types gotta stick together more now than ever.

They are doing a Retaliation line. I think it looks decent; most people seem to think it's lackluster. The number of figures seems to be down, and they're essentially putting any classic-styled stuff on hiatus. Sadly, I've got a feeling that the success of Retaliation and its toyline may be a make-or-break moment for Joes.

Figures also have the MSRP set around $10, which isn't going to help.
    Ugh, that pricepoint is brutal, that line is going to nosedive so hard. I will buy some of the vehicles if they're not stupid-expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I know how you feel. It's so difficult to find figures and they are so expensive, it's hard to muster up the enthusiasm to want to keep going. Used to be I could buy a case because there'd only be one or two figs I don't need, but now? Eh.
    NO KIDDING!!! I was considering buying a wave 3 or 4 case when I thought I was going to miss out on wave 2, but wave 3 and 4 have the same awful wave 1 pegwarming garbage that wave 2 suffered with only 1 Blu Ray Luke to fill the gap. What the hell is that kind of thinking? These new brand managers for SW and TF both are sucked way too deep into the hype - SW has TPM-fever months after anybody even remembers it got released in 3D; TF seems to think that collectors want an army of $15.29 Bumblebee figures and $20+ crappy Voyager Optimus figures. Meanwhile the good stuff is limited to 1 per case, OR LESS, and is released in tiny numbers because wave 1 for each line is still clogging supply lines. So now you have to ask yourself, do you want to pay over $100 for 2 new figures and a mountain of junk you don't want? HasbroToyShop won't even break the SW TVC cases up anymore because they can't move all the garbage shipped in them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They will release something, but right now it's not shipping. The movie products right now are Avengers and next is Battleship (it's getting its own line of figures), then GI Joe I think is later in the summer.
    I think Battleship is only getting Kreo products, though what a wonderful, impossible dream it would be if Hasbro would produce 3 3/4 scale ships for this film. Cough cough (Flagg) cough cough...

The GI Joe film comes out at the very end of June. Its toyline is supposed to launch at the end of May, I believe. The last new wave of mass retail Joes hit months ago. The last Marvel Universe wave also hit many months ago. The last Star Wars wave hit in February, I think. The only things Hasbro has released since then are Transformers and the Avengers line. Every other line seems on hold.

They are doing a Retaliation line. I think it looks decent; most people seem to think it's lackluster. The number of figures seems to be down, and they're essentially putting any classic-styled stuff on hiatus. Sadly, I've got a feeling that the success of Retaliation and its toyline may be a make-or-break moment for Joes.

Figures also have the MSRP set around $10, which isn't going to help.
    Make or break indeed. I doubt Hasbro would ever ditch the line, but they may go back to the drawing board if the new film and toy-line tank (pun intended).

I've seen the Battleship Kre-O's and laughed about how insanely stupid any sort of merchandise based on that "movie" is.

However, if they are making figures, I might get some depending on their construction and usefulness in customs. Any pics that you know of? All I can find is the Kre-O's.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found it opened a brand new case of the new clone war figures tonight. Ahsoka in the scuba dear wasn't in the case. Rex Looks cool tho. Same with boss. I didn't buy anythingto though. I don't get rex in ahsoka later
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

?wut

I found it opened a brand new case of the new clone war figures tonight. Ahsoka in the scuba dear wasn't in the case. Rex Looks cool tho. Same with boss. I didn't buy anythingto though. I don't get rex in ahsoka later

Tycho - were you up for 36 hrs. when you wrote that? ^^

Yesterday evening I found and stashed a TF Prime dlx Hotshot at a mid-valley Target. PM, text or call for location and pic. It's a medium strength stash, so don't wait too long. Thx.

<revised>
    Last edited by bikerscout; 05-14-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: loc

I saw the figures that biker scout is talking about but I wasn't that impressed
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've seen the Battleship Kre-O's and laughed about how insanely stupid any sort of merchandise based on that "movie" is.

However, if they are making figures, I might get some depending on their construction and usefulness in customs. Any pics that you know of? All I can find is the Kre-O's.
    Maradona's right, I was mistaken about Battleship getting figures, I had seen it in Toy Fair coverage but it was GI Joe images in the wrong folder.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Tycho - were you up for 36 hrs. when you wrote that? ^^
    Heh heh, it's probably him using his phone, he's still pretty wonky with it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.