Page 93 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
    i'll guess i'll have to get there early tomorrow. should i head for Hasbro or the CIV store first?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i'll guess i'll have to get there early tomorrow. should i head for Hasbro or the CIV store first?
    Go to the Hasbro store first. I got to the convention at 6pm and the Concept Luke was already sold out, while there were tons of the Concept Droids at the CIV store.

thanks Commtech, that would make sense since you can buy as many as 6 of the Lukes

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    Go to the Hasbro store first. I got to the convention at 6pm and the Concept Luke was already sold out, while there were tons of the Concept Droids at the CIV store.
    Wow, I got my Lukes at about 5pm and it seemed like there were still a lot. It took four attempts to get into the Hasbro line. When it gets too long, they cut it off and tell you to come back in an hour. I finally got into the line on the fourth try.

Note to GG pre-orderers: If you get there late in the day and they run out of one of your pre-orders, they won't give you the others- you'll have to come back the next day and claim your entire list at once when they have more stock.

I love the little "no pictures" tags on all of the GG displays- nobody paid any attention to them even though the volunteer staff kept trying to admonish them.

I didn't see any of you guys today until I got into the Hasbro line- then you all showed up at once- pretty funny. Is anyone getting together at the show for dinner or drinks this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    thanks Commtech, that would make sense since you can buy as many as 6 of the Lukes
    It'll be 2 Lukes starting tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    ...the only ones I were able to get were the Animated Boba Fett from Shop Star Wars and the Concept C3-PO and R2-D2.

I was hoping to get all the exclusive shopping done today and enjoy some of the programming, but it looks like I'll have to try to get it all done tomorrow.

Count yourself lucky that you got the Easter Fett maquette- many will probably go home empty handed. Yeah, the GG booth situation was crazy. The nice thing about this show (as opposed to the nightmare waits I read about at previous Celebrations), I never waited more than 90 minutes in line for an exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    ... Wouldn't it be funny if Target/TRU got restocked this week while we're busy going to the show?
    THEY DID!
    I hit TRU La Cienega this AM before heading down town. They had three cases of the new VOTC on the pegs. I stashed one complete set, PM me for location.

BTW, I emailed twice for my C IV SSG badge and still no reply. Ran into Santosha and his son. Luckily, he picked me up two McLukes. The Hasbro line was insane! GO THERE FIRST

The convention itself was 'okay', I guess... I've been to too many of these things.
    Hide it, Post it, and PM it.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    BTW, I emailed twice for my C IV SSG badge and still no reply. Ran into Santosha and his son. Luckily, he picked me up two McLukes.
    Just download the badge from the forum, then open it in a photo editor and change Steve's name to yours. (You can google "Star Wars font" and get the exact same font). That's what I did, and even after he emailed it to me, mine looked better because his fonts came out jagged for some reason. (No Offense SirSteve!) By the way, Target sells the little 4x6 lamination kits.

The Hasbro booth is selling the vintage figures- but only as a complete set. They ran out for the day by 5pm. They also have Hasbro cases for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Just download the badge from the forum, then open it in a photo editor and change Steve's name to yours. (You can google "Star Wars font" and get the exact same font). That's what I did, and even after he emailed it to me, mine looked better because his fonts came out jagged for some reason. (No Offense SirSteve!) By the way, Target sells the little 4x6 lamination kits.

The Hasbro booth is selling the vintage figures- but only as a complete set. They ran out for the day by 5pm. They also have Hasbro cases for sale.
    That's what I ended up doing. The font is called Star Vader. And the lamination kit at Target was about $4 for a pack of 5. The vintage sets at the Hasbro booth were a pretty good deal at $60 for the complete set.