Page 94 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
    I'm heading downtown this afternoon around 3:00. Sounds like I should head straight for Hasbro THEN the gift shop. My "fast pass" time is from 7:00 to 9:00.

Just got back from CIV, might go back later on though

it was nice to see familiar faces like Speck and Bluesnags there. however, the hasbro and gentle giant lines were not so nice. if you have GG preorders, make sure to go there first thing in the morning because for some reason, they didn't want to separate all the preorders from that day's allotment of exclusives to sell. i heard a lot of people saying that they weren't able to pick up their preorders yesterday and had to return this morning to get them.

if you go to HTS' line in the morning, beware of the lies that the "end of line" watcher will tell you. it seems like 2 lines in opposite ends of the booth but instead of telling you flat out, he'll tell you that no one can line up past him and that you'll have to disperse and come back later. if you do hear that from him, just linger around or head to the other end of the booth where you'll probably see a line.

thankfully, things at the CIV store were much easier. at least early in the morning they were. i just walked up to get the McQuarrie droids and only 3 people were in front of me.

i don't like the holiday fett maquette as much as the normal one and that's a good thing because i'd be irate right now over how starwarsshop handled that exclusive

Tycho, i got Amy Allen's autograph...she is as nice as you said she is (i think it was you). Jeremy Bulloch was nice as well.

Yeah, Amy Allen is great.

Today I got 5 free POTC figures by buying 10. Toys R Us "Buy 2 get 3rd Free" sale. The figures (mostly everyone except Captain Jack) can be easily inserted in Star Wars dioramas.

On top of that, for each $25 sales ticket, you get a free pass into POTC3. Of course the movie ticket is good only at a theater no where near convenient for you. I couldn't use it at my local theater, so I just paid the $6.50. Seeing multiple erotic close-ups of Kierra Knightley's legs was worth paying the price of admission! Oh, besides her legs, the movie's about pirates shooting at each other or something like that. It was good, but I just remember her legs...(stay after all the credits, btw! In the POTC tradition, there's an extra scene after the credits that's really important this time.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

C4

Wow, day 2 is over. I'm spent (physically and fiscally). Thank god for the fan club lounge (and bar). I actually witnessed a middle age dude from Florida pick up on a single mom (with kid) at the bar. It was amusing. They left together, so who knows?

I'm loving my R2/Yoda maquette. I ended up buying a signed litho from one of the artists- I only wish I would have found it before buying the official C4 poster- this one is 100x better. Too bad I just couldn't justify buying that $100 signed litho of Vader's army kicking ***. I'd have no place to hang it.

Picked up a loose '77 vintage Luke w/ yellow saber to replace the one I, my Mom or brother lost when I was a kid. After scouring the exhibit hall, then seeing Jorg Sacul (C2 exclusive) for $90 and $65, I gave up and headed to the car. Just as I was about to leave, I spotted one booth that I hadn't checked. BINGO! They had one Jorg left, for $35!! That was my final purchase. I think I can actually say that I'm done- but might visit over the weekend to catch up on some panels.

I feel bad for folks who showed up today (or tomorrow) and won't be able to get the C4 official pin or patch. It really sucks that that stuff sold out on Thursday, especially when you see the exhibit hall vendors selling them at a premium!! And don't get me started on how fast the Ralph McQuarrie signed lithos sold out.

I gotta give a big recommendation to a couple of exhibits: Droid Makers- very awesome! Check out the Lucas Archives stuff- some really gruesome props (Luke's severed head in Vader's helmet, Vader's burned facemask/helmet), and the Vader Helmets exhibit with all the different paint jobs and sculpts. Really great stuff. I didn't make it to any panels- just too tired to wait.

I'm looking forward to hearing more L.A. area stories...

I missed out on the GG R2-D2 and Yoda exclusive again. Got in line at 10am and it was already around the booth. Didn't move for 30-45 mins. and then they annouced that it was sold out. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get it this show. Made it to a bunch of the collector's panals and managed to get 2 of the three coins they gave out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Wow, day 2 is over. I'm spent (physically and fiscally).
    i hear ya there Speck. i don't really want to go tomorrow because i know i'll be spending too much money. i'd be better off hitting stores and not finding anything

i read some comments on the GG blog that if you have multiple items on preorder and one of them isn't available but the others are, they won't let you get the ones that are in stock. great going GG!

did you guys get the EE catalog in the mail? they have 2 mandolorian sets coming later this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post

did you guys get the EE catalog in the mail? they have 2 mandolorian sets coming later this summer.
    My catalog came today. Very interesting. Indeed I was trying to find the 2 McFetts I don't have and do want in order to make Mando-Commando squads.

This naturally peeks my curiousity.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It was SSG day at CIV today. Saw Swabie, CrunchyNug, Figgy B, Speck and Commtech. Picked up the new ACME Sketchplate (McQuarrie R2) and all the GG exclusives today, along with a few more McQuarrie lithos. Heading back tomorrow, hope to see you guys again.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

i didn't feel like heading to C4 again so i hit some stores instead. Got Alpha/Obi Wan from Los Feliz TRU, added 2 more Marines from Crenshaw WM, got another snowtrooper from La Cienega TRU.

Trailer Park Target put out some VTAC despite no stores having these within a 50 mile radius and it looks like they're done resetting the action figure aisle. there are still 6 pegs for TSC.