Page 955 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 4558559059459519529539549559569579589599651005 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,550 of 10424
    Culver TRU had nothing of note in SW, but TF had FE Starscream and Arcee, and Chinese Wheelie and Springer, and literally dozens of MP Thundercracker. I stashed the Wheelie and Springer, but it wasn't my finest stashing in hindsight - still, PM for deets.

FE Starscream is alright, looks much nicer than Voyager, and the articulation is very expressive.

Also got TVC Clone Wars Obi-Wan from Amazon, decent figure, I'd like to have seen more range of movement on the elbows and hips and torso, the neck and head sculpt is way better than TVC CW Anakin though. Obi-Wan's got a very dark blue lightsaber blade, but a second hilt that plugs into his belt unlike CW Anakin where I think they just forgot.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How can a TEAM of people forget anything like a lightsaber hilt?

It's got to be some kind of cost reduction and for whatever reason, some microscopic part makes a difference?

Can't believe the price on the BMF. Perhaps the price gouging is for "fundraising" for Jabba's sailbarge? Like any extra money they can get (between TRU and Hasbro - as I think exclusives are paid for on the back-end - that is after they are sold) and the actual MSRP cost of the vehicle would still be $150 like it was before. They're just seeing what they could get - probably from 1st time buyers who might be unfamiliar with the previous sale of the BMF.

I mean who do they think they are? FAO Shwarz reborn?

Anyway, for the $249 price tag, they could have done ESB vintage packaging and put in a new soundchip:

LEIA: They're getting closer.

HAN: Oh yeah: watch this!

LEIA: Watch what?!

CHEWIE: [b**** and moan in Shryyywokk]

C-3PO: Might I say that I noticed earlier the hyperdrive motivator has been damaged. It's impossible to go to light speed!

HAN: I think we're in trouble.

FALCON: Failed hyperdrive noise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAN: What's this?

LEIA: Would it help if I got out and pushed?

HAN: It might!

LEIA: This bucket of bolts is never going to get us passed that Imperial blockade!

HAN: This baby's still got a few surprises left in her Sweetheart!

FALCON: underbelly laser cannon sounds (used on the re-release of the 1979 mold for POTF2 in 1995)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEIA: Ready for lightspeed!

LANDO: It's now or never. Punch it Chewie!

FALCON: gurgling sound

LANDO: They told me they fixed it!

LEIA: No light speed?

LANDO: They told me they fixed it! I trusted them!

CHEWIE: [something the auto-censor would block - but said in Shryyywook anyway]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LANDO: All set Princess. We'll contact you when we find that bounty hunter.

LUKE: I'll redezvous with you on Tatooine. Chewie: take care of yourself.

CHEWIE: Grrrrrr-wrrrrr-wrrrrr-uuuggh-wrrrrrr

LANDO: Don't worry Princess. We'll find Han.

LUKE: May the Force be with you.

This Falcon toy would be awesome. I might even have to consider buying another one, but they should have made changeable dialogue chips like the COMMTECHS of 1999 - only better sounding.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hey guys, long time, almost no collecting anymore- except for some artwork here and there. Just wanted to remind you all that if you want to cull the heard and thin out your collection (and it's not worth selling on the Bay), please seek out a local Toys For Tots drop off. I've been donating bags of figures for the last few years, and to my kids' school raffles, and everybody gets really excited to see Star Wars stuff. I think my kids' toy collection now outnumbers mine, which is as it should be. Happy Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    How can a TEAM of people forget anything like a lightsaber hilt?

It's got to be some kind of cost reduction and for whatever reason, some microscopic part makes a difference?
    They didn't forget the saber hilt, it has 2 sabers - lit and unlit - it's just that there's no attachment box on the belt - not even a drilled hole like the Space Suit Anakin had. The show design doesn't have the box on either Anakin or Obi-Wan's belt for their early-season outfits, yet they both wear their sabers in that spot on the show, and the season 4/5 outfits do have the box, so the intention was there - since these are meant to be "realistic" versions, they should have them and the Obi-Wan does. It's just inconsistent - and I'd argue not well thought out - execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Hey guys, long time, almost no collecting anymore- except for some artwork here and there. Just wanted to remind you all that if you want to cull the heard and thin out your collection (and it's not worth selling on the Bay), please seek out a local Toys For Tots drop off. I've been donating bags of figures for the last few years, and to my kids' school raffles, and everybody gets really excited to see Star Wars stuff. I think my kids' toy collection now outnumbers mine, which is as it should be. Happy Holidays.
    Hey there Speck, good to see ya.

Good thought, although I do want to remind folks that Toys for Tots only takes sealed, unwrapped toys as donations; and that it is now illegal for charities to accept donations of older toys thanks to the lead and toxin scare a few years ago (despite Hasbro having an excellent track record avoiding toxins in their toys) so loose figures cannot be donated at all anywhere, not to Goodwill or anybody. Toys for Tots does take sealed toys, as does CHiPs for Kids at any CHP office if you somehow can't get to a Toys for Tots donation location

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You know what I just realized about the new Star Wars movies? There's a chance for an OT Cartoon series now. OMG.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

My Lumat figures I ordered from Amazon arrived. I open mine so I don't care about mint so much, but take note:

I ordered 2 Lumats and one came mint, the other - the card was folded in a light mailer package with the bottom of it open so you could see one figure in the envelope.

MOMC collectors beware of this incident. Though I've never had a problem with Amazon before.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Bikerscout sent out a group text image of his figures showing up in a foldover. I got Obi-Wan CW in a foldover by himself and the bubble was indeed smashed, but since I'm an opener it didn't occur to me how frustrating this would be for MIP collectors. My 5 other figures came in a single TINY box that the UPS guy kicked in a corner on, all the figures were fine but the a couple cards were bent.

Not sure if you guys need this, but if you want the Mandalorian Shuttle from TRU in that multipack with Anakin's starfighter but can't find it in stores, TRU.com has it: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=17244636
    If you spend $100 or more it's 20% off, and free shipping over $49.

I also received a few pathetically packaged Amazon figures, but since I'm opening them, I didn't mind much. Seems like Amazon went to a HTS packaging seminar.

Thanks for the link, JT.

I can't afford this for several weeks and hope it is still offered. It's a good price I think. However I have no need for Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. Maybe I can create an excuse? LOL

The price is even better than what you can get on Ebay by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Thanks for the link, JT.

I can't afford this for several weeks and hope it is still offered. It's a good price I think. However I have no need for Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. Maybe I can create an excuse? LOL

The price is even better than what you can get on Ebay by itself.

I don't know if you guys have already heard, but the TRU vehicle 2 packs will be 50% off on Black Friday.