Page 962 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 4628629129529589599609619629639649659669721012 ... LastLast
Results 9,611 to 9,620 of 10380
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    GI joe - less mistreated than TF, but Paramount is slowly getting there. Overall, I think GI Joe 2 will be better than ROTF. I enjoyed the first Joe movie much more than ROTF and was upset that it was handled better than TF as a whole imo.
    Its a matter of opinion on the Trek '09 movie, but I liked it better than other previous Trek movies. Ripoff of SW? Not with the time travel aspect. I really don't see any direct SW ripoffs JT.

Believe me, Paramount is taking their time with Star Trek 2 --it's one of their prized properties. It won't be a throw-away Hasbro movie
    The new trailers for Star Trek Into Darkness:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59897

I liked watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    GI joe - less mistreated than TF, but Paramount is slowly getting there. Overall, I think GI Joe 2 will be better than ROTF. I enjoyed the first Joe movie much more than ROTF and was upset that it was handled better than TF as a whole imo.
    Its a matter of opinion on the Trek '09 movie, but I liked it better than other previous Trek movies. Ripoff of SW? Not with the time travel aspect. I really don't see any direct SW ripoffs JT.

Believe me, Paramount is taking their time with Star Trek 2 --it's one of their prized properties. It won't be a throw-away Hasbro movie
    GI Joe is only less mistreaded than TF because the brand is currently in a period of less exposure, it's got nowhere to fall at this point. I had hopes for GI Joe 2 despite the director's limp resume because he actually put real GI Joe vehicles into the film, but then the movie gets shelved and they cast Bruce Willis as General GI Joe himself.

Tell me what any New Coke Trek characters' motivations were. What's Spock's motivation for condemning cadet Kirk to death? What's Kirk's motivation for working to change the test and then blatantly show off that he's cheating? What's the villain's motivation for... ANYTHING???

Not a ripoff of SW? Villain has a planet-killing spaceship, destroys one of the heroes' home planets before finale of villain's spaceship hunting down heroes' home base. Hero is downtrodden farmboy with no hope of going anywhere and then magically given a leg up by a wise older important man who just happened to know hero's father and of father's death, and keeps coming back to give sage advice to the brash hero. There's the whole Hoth planet aspect. Sulu's switchbladed molucule sword is a total wannabe lightsaber. All the other good guy ships are destroyed except Kirk's. Kirk saves the day by ignoring the plan and instead following the force of his instincts because his father had good and noble instincts. The movie ends on a big medal ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    The new trailers for Star Trek Into Darkness:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59897

I liked watching them.
    Well, that was Bane-tastic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anyone seen the TRU Hot Spot? I've found everyone else I wanted (and hate that they're TRU exclusives, since that Megatron is such a shelfwarmer I could get him for $5 at the end of the month if he were at any other store), but no sign of him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Anyone seen the TRU Hot Spot? I've found everyone else I wanted (and hate that they're TRU exclusives, since that Megatron is such a shelfwarmer I could get him for $5 at the end of the month if he were at any other store), but no sign of him.
    Not in a while, I saw it the first time I saw voyager Megatron, so it's been months.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

HUGE thanks to Figrin Bran for the MM Alfred tip. Order was placed and should be here in a week. The Bat Signal will be complete...

I found 3 Voyager Ultra Magnuses at a WalMart in a lower income area. It was appropriate for me since with my creative projects costing me a fortune, I am lower income. However, they wanted $32 for a Voyager figure.

I took a good look and might pull the trigger later, but for right now I left him.

I think I CAN use an Ultra Magnus Voyager, but I'm not sure about putting a Prime figure with Generations / Classics figures (Springer Voy) Rodimus (Del).

For me, the above grouping would also require the NOT MADE Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge Voyagers, but that Masterpiece Grimlock (I never bought) might work with the scale for this crowd. Still, I could wait for some kind of Generations / Classics Magnus and I did pay someting like $80-90 for the Titanium (transforming) one and I could just wait until I had $100 for Transformers again, and buy another Titanium.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    HUGE thanks to Figrin Bran for the MM Alfred tip. Order was placed and should be here in a week. The Bat Signal will be complete...
    Glad I could help! The one downside of that Bat Signal is that it shuts itself off after about 15 seconds.

Chux, I saw (and bought) Hot Spot only once. And that was on Black Friday too.

Tycho, TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus is 21.99 at Target, 26.99 at TRU so I'm not sure why it should be 32 at WM? I think he looks great with Springer and Rodimus and TF Animated Arcee. I can take a photo of that group when I open up my Springer. And if we're talking about the same Titanium Magnus, that along with Titanium Soundwave are the worst transformers that I own.

Hot Spot in stock online: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=13021878

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Glad I could help! The one downside of that Bat Signal is that it shuts itself off after about 15 seconds.

Chux, I saw (and bought) Hot Spot only once. And that was on Black Friday too.

Tycho, TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus is 21.99 at Target, 26.99 at TRU so I'm not sure why it should be 32 at WM? I think he looks great with Springer and Rodimus and TF Animated Arcee. I can take a photo of that group when I open up my Springer. And if we're talking about the same Titanium Magnus, that along with Titanium Soundwave are the worst transformers that I own.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Burbank Target had the Class I Fleet Republic Attack Dropship last night, I bought it. It's not terrible, but it's so small that it's essentially a coffin for the pilot inside, in flat flight configuration he's lying on his back looking straight up. The drop-backpacks are well-armed and split apart so the non-included figures could just walk away from each other and start shooting. Everything has a decent sculpt, and the vehicle overall cribs its looks from the Republic Gunship. So it's alright but not great, not something collectors should work hard to hunt down, it's just a little support vehicle.

Amazon has several TVC figures from the final wave listed as $3.25 "Add-Ons." I picked up a few Naboo Pilots and Gungan Warriors.