Page 973 of 1044 FirstFirst ... 4738739239639699709719729739749759769779831023 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,730 of 10433
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I think I can do that (in fact, I'll be checking off a bucket list item on the 18th by seeing the Harlem Globetrotters in person then! ). I'm easy when it comes to "where," as long as the food's not rancid, spoiled, bloody, or vegan-only.

[edit] I had an idea. This is a Star Wars site. We're looking for a place to eat, in the LA region. What about Hamburger Hamlet? Is that place still around? We could comment on the long lines to see a film about... President Lincoln?
    Both Roscoe's and Hamburger Hamlet are in Pasadena. I'm in for either.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Might work for me as well. I'll check with my schedule when I talk to her.

The thing I thought was on the weekend 22nd is actually that weekend, but it's out. But it turns out the 22nd is actually worse than I thought, so seems the same.

I'm open to pretty much anything, food-wise. Not a big fan of Sizzler, though.

Not sure how far everyone is from Pasadena (or where they have other locations), but Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles is quite good.
    22nd is a Friday, not exactly weekend.

Pasadena is a lot closer to us on the west side than Covina or Baldwin Park, although I'm not sure I want to do Roscoe's, there's too many pimps and players, hos and hustlers at the ones I've been to: Hollywood, Pico, and Gardena - it tends to make the place in hot demand, I don't want to be at a table where the place is trying to street us too quickly. But I've not been to Pasadena Roscoe's, can you vouch for it being more easy-going?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I think I can do that (in fact, I'll be checking off a bucket list item on the 18th by seeing the Harlem Globetrotters in person then! ). I'm easy when it comes to "where," as long as the food's not rancid, spoiled, bloody, or vegan-only.

[edit] I had an idea. This is a Star Wars site. We're looking for a place to eat, in the LA region. What about Hamburger Hamlet? Is that place still around? We could comment on the long lines to see a film about... President Lincoln?
    Vegan-only is a no, although there's a place by my sister's that's pretty decent for a vegan joint.

That's awesome that you're seeing the Globetrotters, hope to hear good things from your trip.

The Hamburger Hamlet across the street from the Chinese Theater - where Lucas ate the day he saw long lines for "some movie" - recently and tragically closed. I enjoyed a number of meals there thinking about what it must have been like for exhausted George Lucas in May of '77 to see out the window a queue for a film taking up the whole block and finding out it's his film.

There are still Hamlets in Sherman Oaks and Pasadena though. The Pasadena Hamlet has a Sunday brunch menu which has chicken and waffles on it, we could throw stones at 2 birds at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Both Roscoe's and Hamburger Hamlet are in Pasadena. I'm in for either.
    Sounds dangerously close to a consensus on Hamburger Hamlet Pasadena, folks.

Maybe we should do a mini road trip for SW some day, hit up that location where the Hamlet in Hollywood used to be, drive into the valley for the Lucasfilm location and the second ILM location, find the spot where Mark Hamill crashed his car rushing to get to reshoots for the cantina scene... ok, that last one is in bad taste.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So the 17th at Hamburger Hamlet Pasadena? Time? Mystery toy exchange?

Will mid-afternoon work? I probably wouldn't be able to head out until at least 12, and it's a bit of a drive.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm fine with mid-afternoon but I'm pretty open on these sorts of things, how about the rest of ya's?

Mystery toy exchange? That sounds interesting, what do you mean, Maradona?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I can make it any time after 9am, until about 8pm (early-to-bed cliche, you know ).

Mystery toy exchange? We give away Riddler, Mystery Men, Unknown Comic, or Disney Vinylmation figures, of course!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Mystery toy exchange? That sounds interesting, what do you mean, Maradona?
    We each bring an identity-concealed figure to exchange. Maybe we could put them in a bag and each take one. This was just a thought that I typed more in jest than anything else. But if everyone wants to do that, I'm in. We should probably set a parameter of some sort (price, type, age) so we don't all show up with inflated expectations and walk away with TVC Qui Gon.

I'm also comfortable with any time on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    We each bring an identity-concealed figure to exchange. Maybe we could put them in a bag and each take one. This was just a thought that I typed more in jest than anything else. But if everyone wants to do that, I'm in. We should probably set a parameter of some sort (price, type, age) so we don't all show up with inflated expectations and walk away with TVC Qui Gon.
    You want an ultra-rare E1 Darth Maul, then?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm ambivalent about an exchange. There's not much out there right now, and I doubt many of us have figures we don't have. So there's a good chance everyone ends up bringing a figure they don't want and taking home another figure they don't want.

Now if everyone else brings a Ponda Baba, I'm all for that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm ambivalent about an exchange. There's not much out there right now, and I doubt many of us have figures we don't have. So there's a good chance everyone ends up bringing a figure they don't want and taking home another figure they don't want.

Now if everyone else brings a Ponda Baba, I'm all for that.
    I think if it's a White Elephant exchange, it could be fun. Everyone brings a mystery item and we trade them blind, and then we can swap ours for someone else's if they are interested? Of course, I don't think I can make it... And am not entirely sure I was invited... This is quickly becoming embarassing. I'll shuttup now.