Page 977 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 4778779279679739749759769779789799809819871027 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 10362

Reservations for 3pm under the name JT (was going to be "Lucas" but they took my number ), table for 7 in case anybody... ok, in case Bikerscout changes his mind. Everybody else has confirmed up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm in, and have found a white bantha hiding around here....
    "First prize! First prize! FIRST PRIZE!" - Lisa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Skyfall was 19.99 at bestbuy w/o tax. Amazon & target, same price. There's still time. But i wouldn't wait too long, as i dont think it'll go on sale anytime soon after now.

I might not even make the USC thing - depends how i feel. (since JT was tryin to call me out )
    $20? Nothing better, no better features or anything at a specific seller? I'll just pick it up on Amazon at some point then, probably after payday.

Ok, so now you're not even going to the USC thing? What was it? And it's not just you, George Lucas is a Spoiled Child alum. (I grew up in a UCLA household.)

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'll just bring a SW fig, unless someone wants a TFP Airachnid?
    Oh man, that's hilariously perfect for a White Sky-Lynx gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I also accept GI Joe figures. This exchange could turn out to be really fun. Should we make reservations? I can't imagine much of a crowd for a Sunday at 3.
    Reservations made. Never know what might happen, once in a while a huge group shows up, tourbus or something, better to have 'em and not need 'em than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Mine would also be SW, since my duplicate Indy '08 figures seem to be missing. I may even throw in an extra!
    If you had found that Indy, Figgy could have brought his awful Airachnid.

Oh man, that reminds me, I wanted to suggest to them last year that they use a system that uses the Amazon servers to handle demand. Oops! Instead they stumble through the same stupid crap and don't think things through. A new system is necessary.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I tried futilely this morning. Scam Diego Comic Con...

You give too much credit, it's not cruelty or thievery, it's gross incompetence.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I tried as well. I was #9460 in line and not once in 50 minutes did the screen refresh like it should have. Of all my horrible experiences with their badge sales, this was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You give too much credit, it's not cruelty or thievery, it's gross incompetence.
    I can't recall the film, but the quote from the CIA in it is "Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is an act of war," by which I take to mean "deliberate." When it comes to how the CCI folks are handling this, I don't think they are scamming us for money; I think they're scamming people's hopes. The incompetence you mention is tantamount to negligence. Negligence is willful in my mind. They have no intention of improving the registration process. If they had, there would have been notable evidence by now - a how-to-video doesn't change the process. Just look at the Badge FAQ section of their site. They don't even have a link on it to take you to the purchasing site. Before sale-day, they could clearly say, for example, "We only have 1,138 passes left." That would minimize expectations and make the fan base more aware of what lies ahead. They could do lots of things, I suppose. But they don't; but they won't.

Amazon delivered FOC Grimlock to my door... and in hindsight I think they should have saved me from that mistake. What a piece of CRAP! I'll take the rest of that to the TF thread.

I can't recall the film, but the quote from the CIA in it is "Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is an act of war," by which I take to mean "deliberate." When it comes to how the CCI folks are handling this, I don't think they are scamming us for money; I think they're scamming people's hopes. The incompetence you mention is tantamount to negligence. Negligence is willful in my mind. They have no intention of improving the registration process. If they had, there would have been notable evidence by now - a how-to-video doesn't change the process. Just look at the Badge FAQ section of their site. They don't even have a link on it to take you to the purchasing site. Before sale-day, they could clearly say, for example, "We only have 1,138 passes left." That would minimize expectations and make the fan base more aware of what lies ahead. They could do lots of things, I suppose. But they don't; but they won't.
    That line sounds like a key line from Goldfinger, the book character (the book's 3 parts are named after them): "Mr. Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: 'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action.'"

This was the second year in a row they used this online system and the second year it FAILED MISERABLY. I suspect they do want a better process, they just don't have a clue of how to do that because they've become old suits on a non-profit's board rather than boots-on-the-ground geeks. Their lack of links suggests to me that they really have no clue of what's going on. You could argue that's willful negligence on their parts by letting themselves become complacent execu-jerks, but it's difficult for one to see one's self from an objective perspective, I think. We'll probably all discuss this in an hour and a half at lunch though.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I tried as well. I was #9460 in line and not once in 50 minutes did the screen refresh like it should have. Of all my horrible experiences with their badge sales, this was the worst.
    Wow, that's really awful, you were in the stupid Epic waiting room and it didn't do ANYTHING?!? Geez, sorry man.

Great afternoon, team! Hope everyone got home safely.

Yep; a good time was had by all. Found Barnes & Noble easily (snagged the Crimson Empire III trade paperback, with a coupon). Traffic was fine.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I had sufficient Sun Drop in the car to keep me wired long enough all the way home.
    Tommy, close your eyes.