Page 98 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 10363
  1. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Finally completed the set of all 12 CIV Medallions after attending what seemed like 25 One Hour Collector Panels.
    That's impressive. I attended most of the panals and was only able to get 6 medallions. Did you sit through all the panals? Or did you have extras to trade for the ones you were missing? It seemed like that was the only way to get a complete set.

    I even saw what looked like uninterested "girlfriends" sitting through these panals trying to get the medallions to complete their boyfriends set.

  2. #972
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Snags, at the Disney panel, did they say when we can expect to see those Disney and Muppet figures? and they did mention something about trying to get SW Weekends out here in Disneyland, right?
    It sounded like a lot of the toys would also be available at the mall Disney Stores (hopefully). They did say the Cantina Band member exclusive would only be available at Disney World. They said they're working on trying to bring SW Weekends out to Disneyland.

  3. #973

    Medallions...

    Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    That's impressive. I attended most of the panals and was only able to get 6 medallions. Did you sit through all the panals? Or did you have extras to trade for the ones you were missing? It seemed like that was the only way to get a complete set.

    I even saw what looked like uninterested "girlfriends" sitting through these panals trying to get the medallions to complete their boyfriends set.
    DA,

    I sat through most of them on Saturday, Sunday and Monday (there were only 2 on Monday, so that wasn't too bad). Friday I missed completely. On my own, I was able to score Luke, Jawa, Death Squad Commander, Sand People, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Han Solo and Vader. I acquired the missing ones through a variety of means:

    Helped my buddy win a trivia contest at one of the panels (and he won a complete set of medallions), so he gave me his extra two (a Jawa and a Luke). I ended up giving my extra Luke to the guy running the McQuarrie booth as a "thank you" for being a pal and helping me obtain a crapload of rare McQuarrie artwork. So I had one extra left (Jawa) that I was able to trade (for a Leia). Another buddy just gave me his R2 medallion because he only had a few and knew I was close to completing the set. That just left Obi-Wan and Threepio. As luck would have it, after the very last panel on Monday, Gus Lopez asked if anyone was missing one or two coins to complete the set. To make a long story short, Gus handed me a Threepio and an Obi-Wan and I was one happy SW geek.

    Figgy B,

    The Disney panel was one of the ones that I missed. Sounds like DA filled you in, though.

    Hey, did anyone bid on any of the silent auctions? They were auctioning off vintage SW stuff direct from Lucasfilm Archives. The money they made was going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The douchebags from CloudCityCollectibles (also the owner of AFA) and BriansToys ended up winning most of them, but SNAGS won a few of them as well. Those fat cats learned the hard way - you don't pull on Superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with Snags.

    -Good Old Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

  4. #974
    Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    It sounded like a lot of the toys would also be available at the mall Disney Stores (hopefully). They did say the Cantina Band member exclusive would only be available at Disney World. They said they're working on trying to bring SW Weekends out to Disneyland.
    thanks for the info DA!
    they probably meant the store that Disney runs down in Downtown Disney as the Disney Stores in the malls like Glendale Galleria don't carry the theme park merchandise and are owned and operated by "The Children's Group" or something like that.

  5. #975
    Now I wish I'd ponied up the $45 to go to CIV yesterday... oh well. Weekend was too busy anyhow. Hopefully more Lukes will show up on HTS soon... and maybe even R2/3POs, if they managed to keep some of those hundreds away from the no-limiters yesterday (15 cases? Nutty...)

    Yesterday Burbank Target reset, and I picked up the VTAC Snowtrooper (thanks Commtech) and IG-88. After Commtech, myself, and Jackie Chan were through, there were just 2 Lukes, 2 Hans, and 2 Leias. I THINK there were 2 full cases so I'm sure Jackie had a bunch. Also a couple cases of Wave 2... didn't check today though. I also picked up a 2nd Obi-Wan/ARC comic pack.

    IG-88's cool, but glad I got him first & opened... I was toying with buying several for IG Lancers or the goofy EU "other bodies" that the main IG-88 controlled, but cool as he looks, he's got some downsides. I tried just about every blaster in my fodder-bin/accessory-storage, none fit all that well in his back holster. The Rebel DH-17 kinda fits but it might warp the scope, and if the bottom of the holster was wider it'd be perfect for 88's E-11... ah well. A surprising amount of articulation though! I'm waiting on Bossk and the humans until I can find 'em at TRU, or on clearance (less likely this year, but whatever). The Snowtrooper's neat, but all he did was make me realize I only need 2 total for myself, AND that soft-goods 'kamas' for clones & ARCs are what Hasbro should ALWAYS do. That thing is awesome, even if the cut's not quite right. His left hand bugs me, too.

    Anyways glad to hear CIV was more fun than frustrating!

  6. #976

  7. #977
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post

    Too bad the code doesn't work anymore.

  8. #978
    VTAC and TAC Wave 1 are up on Hasbro.com, as are the figure stands. Man, too bad Hasbro didn't re-stock this quickly before, and I hope they continue to do it this quickly in the future.

  9. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post

    IG-88's cool, but glad I got him first & opened... I was toying with buying several for IG Lancers or the goofy EU "other bodies" that the main IG-88 controlled, but cool as he looks, he's got some downsides.
    That is the only reason I was buying VTAC IG-88's. So you DO NOT recommend him for this use?

    I was going to put 3 with Durge.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  10. #980
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    thanks for the info DA!
    they probably meant the store that Disney runs down in Downtown Disney as the Disney Stores in the malls like Glendale Galleria don't carry the theme park merchandise and are owned and operated by "The Children's Group" or something like that.
    The mall stores do carry alot of the toy lines that they were talking about, such as the racers and Princess lines. Should have asked that question at the forum.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO