Page 14 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast
    Well Spider-Man wasn't actually there. You could take a picture with a cardboard standup. When I was 5 years old, I actually got to take my picture with the real Spider-Man. This was a shame today.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

now that you mention it, i did notice a cardboard standup spider man in the toy section. because the photo taking didn't start until 10 am and i was there at around 9, i just figured it was a store display and not THE Spiderman that you get to "meet and take photos with". this is pretty lame, WM can't even hire people to dress up in Spidey costumes for one day?

Completed my second set of Order 66 packs (the openers) tonight. All caught up on TAC for the moment. Just missing the V-Wing and the Sith Infiltrator now.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I bought a "Mini Mag" figure Display System I at the museum show today for $35. It's kind of cool (fits 20 figures comfortably on the four tiers), but now I want another one. If any of you are going to the exhibit on Sunday, would you mind picking up another one (black version) for me and I'll meet up with the cash whenever you want? Let me know, or else I'll drive over again and try to run in (you have to go through the exhibit to get to the gift shop at the end).

I'd wait until CIV, but I'm in a collection re-organization mood this weekend and am pulling all of my armies out to re-arrange them before I cull the heard due to lack of space. My mega army days are over now that the main clones from Ep3 are about done (and the non-movie repaints are getting ridiculous)- just waiting for the new stormtroopers and snowtroopers, then I'm gonna keep it small- since GG has taken over.

If you go to the show, I recommend the "Order 66" horizontal poster that is on display at the cash register.

I had to go back to Wal-Mart as my contact there called me at 3-something in the morning and woke me: my Alternators Ravage and Rumble Transformers had come in. There were at least 3 of each car (6 cars total) to a case and probably 4 cases of them to be made into an endcap. Very nice. Especially Ravage, though I haven't opened either of them yet - I want some more sleep!

They did have all the new Spidey figures that I had not seen before (Venom, Harry as "New Green Goblin" and the Galactic Heroes styled Spider-Man stuff (very large and diverse assortent!) as well as the plush "Buddies." The stuff really looks good and all tempted me.

This is going to be a great year for Hasbro!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Struck out today trying to get the Target Order 66 2-packs. Eagle Rock had nothing new today, even after a manager had told us all week that they were holding off on putting out anything new until today. Then went to the 2 story Pasadena Target and found nothing again. Checked the inventory scanner and it said they had some in the stockroom, but the employee told me they'd checked this morning for other collectors and found none. The employee then told me that April 8 is the release date, not today.

Also struck out today , went to WalMart in Daurte only Obi and R2 TAC.
    Then did the Target near by and Pasadena and Eagle Rock targets. Not Much going on.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Struck out today trying to get the Target Order 66 2-packs. Eagle Rock had nothing new today, even after a manager had told us all week that they were holding off on putting out anything new until today. Then went to the 2 story Pasadena Target and found nothing again. Checked the inventory scanner and it said they had some in the stockroom, but the employee told me they'd checked this morning for other collectors and found none. The employee then told me that April 8 is the release date, not today.
    Struck out today, too, with the Order 66 Packs. April 8th can't be the release date as that is Easter Sunday and Target will not be open that day. These Target employees are starting to frustrate me with their lies.

FYI: the Star Wars exhibit at the science center has the TAC wave, but they're $9.95 each (portion of that goes to support the museum).

Those Order 66 packs are gonna be a tough grab. The redshirts will tell you 4/8 or whatever, but you know they'll end up being put out before that, either from someone successfully running the numbers or a stocker seeing the shelves are empty one night and stocking them. The "street dates" on SW toys are a joke, pure and simple.

On another note, Eagle Rock Target is run/operated by the biggest bunch of morons I've ever encountered here in LA. And that covers alot of ground. I don't even hit that store anymore on a casual basis. I just don't have the time in my life to associate myself with street trash.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]