Page 15 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast
    BlueSnags what did they do ? That store is not that far from my house and it used to be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    BlueSnags what did they do ? That store is not that far from my house and it used to be OK.
    They're idiots. If you run the DPCI, they won't get anything from the back due to "the street date." But the stuff always ends up getting put out early, so their "street date" B.S. is pure crap.

I remember one time, I called Guest Services at that store and asked about the Zev Snowspeeder. They said they had them in the back and would put one at Guest Services for me. So I drove all the way there from downtown LA (where I used to work) and went to Guest Services to get it and what do they say? "Oh, sorry - we can't give you one. They can't be sold until so and so date - two weeks from now." So I go, "Well, I just drove all the way down here after you said you were holding one for me. Isn't there anything you can do?" Hahaa, next thing I know this hideous troll comes out of the back room (I'm guessing one of the Toy guys): "Where did you get that item number? Where did you get it from? You shouldn't be here asking for that item, it's not released yet, blah blah blah." I actually thought this guy was trying to intimidate me, which is pretty funny in and of itself. I ended up just driving to Burbank Target, using the DPCI there and getting one about 20 min later. So, a few days later, I read a report that the Snowspeeders were out on the shelf at Eagle Rock Target and a few Scummers scored them from there.

Another buddy of mine, Turbowars, had a similar situation happen there a few weeks ago. He called about an item, was told they have it, and then when he got there, was told "Oh, sorry - we can't sell it to you."

I have since renamed Eagle Rock Target "Inbreds Rock Target."
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Wow, I see your point, would there lack of intelligence go along with the fact that you see people on ebay with cases of order 66. How do they do it? Are people selling out the back of Target. If the red shirts wont help polite people that are asking them to do there jobs why do they they help money hungry resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    Wow, I see your point, would there lack of intelligence go along with the fact that you see people on ebay with cases of order 66. How do they do it? Are people selling out the back of Target. If the red shirts wont help polite people that are asking them to do there jobs why do they they help money hungry resellers.
    I think it's a mixed bag. There is a percentage that are trying to go on a lame "power" trip because they realize they're insignificant in society and want to have some sort of say-so with people. There is a percentage that just hate collectors. There is a percentage that gets their palms greased by the local scalpers. And there is a percentage that is just plain dumb.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I got a set of Order 66 this morning. Was going to stash another set but someone else showed up after I had an employee pull a case. With the exception of wanting one more Marine and perhaps one more Utapau driver, I'm set. First Target I went to showed they had them, but a manager said they were "in transit" at a nearby warehouse. Maybe it's true, maybe not; he was polite, I wasn't going to call him a liar.

I opened what I got but kept the package intact, which is easy to do. In fact, it's easy to re-display them in the package.

All in all, the actual clones are a little overrated. Only the Galactic Marine stands out to me as outstanding. Tire isn't so hot, and the Kashyyk trooper is pretty damned terrible. Looks like a half-assed custom.

As far as Target customer service, I have to say most of my contact with the "red shirts" is pretty pleasant. I'm rarely straight out shot down. Then again, I don't ask them to pull stuff for me all the time, so maybe that's why my batting average is fairly high.

My impression of Target employees is that they're kind of like collectors or anybody else--some are nice, and some are a-holes. They may not be the highest achievers in society, but that just makes them like most other people.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    My impression of Target employees is that they're kind of like collectors or anybody else--some are nice, and some are a-holes. They may not be the highest achievers in society, but that just makes them like most other people.
    I agree with you there. Inbreds Rock Target is one store where the idiots are more highly concentrated, though.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

There was a time when Smeagol Rock Target was much friendlier...

last year, they pulled 2 Skirmish in the Senate packs for me without any hassle and as recently as January, they pulled out an Ilum pack for me. however, just yesterday when inquiring about Order 66 packs, "none were in stock. no stores in LA have them".

i didn't even want to ask this morning at another store...i would like a few packs but if i don't get 'em i don't get 'em.

I'm selling a few items, and thought I'd offer them up here before they go on the Bay.

Loose Darth Vader Titanium
    Loose Boba Fett Titanium
    Loose Shocktrooper Unleashed (the big one, not the B.P.)

I'm willing to trade for Appo, Galactic Marine, or a Seleucami BP.

i picked up a Felucia pack on clearance for $13.98. i stashed this set weeks ago but no one ever claimed it so i bought it today.

one more thing about Smeagol Rock Target, never ever ever ask the electronics employees to look up DCPI's for you. there's one dude in particular who's a real jerk

FB,

Funny - I just did the same thing today. I had stashed a Felucia BP stashed over at Pasadena Target a few months ago for a SSGer, but they never claimed it. Went back today and it was still there! Unbelievable. The 3 comic packs were stashed as well, so I bought them too (for $7 each).
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]