Page 31 of 1030 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131531 ... LastLast
    OK, the signs went up at my Target yesterday.

I talked with the Toys Team Leader. He was nice while he was lying through his teeth. We talked for a while, too. But I caught him not being truthful with me.

First, he said to continue coming in the morning - they stock overnight. "Stock" is a technical term. There is also "Replenish," which they do periodically throughout the day. As it turns out, Star Wars is not STOCKED, it is REPLENISHED - after the morning collector crowd disappears. I went at store opening yesterday and walked away with nothing. I went again a few hours later, and they had the ships and figures (Wave 1 though). So they were REPLENISHED after our morning group left.

They also had the rainchecks out. I took one each for my V-wings. I intend to get the discount. I don't really care too much about the whole $5-6 I'll save between two of them by going through at a lower price. But I care about being "paid" for my time listening to the Team Leader's lies.

I heard him brush on the subject that "if they put them out in the morning, it's an issue because the 'collectors' would buy out their whole inventory and when Moms & Kids came in, they'd have nothing. Thus they're purposely trying to hold stock for their normal hours customers - that's why I find them during the day. It is still playing games AGAINST your loyal customers who are the collectors if no one else.

Anyway, the issue is also that there's no way to perfectly determine sales. They could order too much and if the Infiltrator starts to sit, you get the picture. If they sell through their item (possibly all to one scalper / fleet building collector - as many of us would take 2 v-wings), they can't get their stock re-ordered fast enough.

But they're in business to make money. However, I can see how later-in-the-day tickets would be larger (people buying shampoo, clothes, and cookiees while the ship is an impulse buy). I don't know what the answer is. However, I got the rainchecks and it is my intention to visit the same Target at least twice more today. After I'm done with Wave 2 (and I might just find the Galactic Heroes I'm missing) and I get the ships at the lower price, I won't have any reason to go toy shopping for a long while:

Future purchases:

Star Trek - at Comic Con, or it can be e-ordered
    Terminator - nothing
    Transformers - nothing (I'm not going for the movie junk when that hits. I have the Alts)
    Star Wars - wave 3, SideShow Bubo (not in stores), New Galactic Heroes (non-priority)

So I barely buy new toys. I just don't like to be jerked around when I do!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sounds right to me as I go in the morning and there is nothing new, I go the next morning and there are items that werent there the day before which would suggest that items were put out during the day.
    On another note a freind of mine was at a Toys R Us and noticed that someone had layed out Hot Wheels on the floor to sort them, the manager came along and started taking photos of what had happened.
    Is this to be a wave of retail stores that will now have it in for collectors because of a few people. We all spend money, we buy other things form the stores, will be forced to use the web which means the retail stores loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I heard him brush on the subject that "if they put them out in the morning, it's an issue because the 'collectors' would buy out their whole inventory and when Moms & Kids came in, they'd have nothing. Thus they're purposely trying to hold stock for their normal hours customers - that's why I find them during the day. It is still playing games AGAINST your loyal customers who are the collectors if no one else.

So I barely buy new toys. I just don't like to be jerked around when I do!
    He has a point. Mom's and kids will stop going to Target (or wherever) to look for the items they want if they can never find them. You'd do the same. So if all the collector's want are toys and nothing else, the more valuable customers are those who go for everyday items PLUS toys if they are there. So if the toys are stocked at night to ensure that overaged collectors take them all before 8:10am, there is no incentive for Mom to go to that store for any toy when she knows from experience that they won't be there.

So, if they "replenish" during the day, if "Mom" wanders in and wants something, then it's there. If "Mom" doesn't happen to walk in that day, then the items will still be there in the morning for the collectors to take.

The upside for collectors is that they are encouraging you all to get a little more rest.

The TAC pegs are directly beneath the TSC pegs... the 6.99 tag's not immediately eye-catching beneath 6.64s, but they're there. Only a couple. When we were talking about how the rest of the Wave 2 case must've gone out the back door, Plumber Bob (who'd gotten around to that side of the aisle finally) said "Well sometimes it's full so they can't put everything out" but 2 of the pegs (the actual TAC pegs) were all but empty, with only a couple TSCs on 'em. So that obviously wasn't the case. So that remark of his seems suspicious

Semi-related note, the Titanium pegs were again full today... and again the Battlestar Pegasus was NOT present. Only another classic Raider. Weird.

Any ideas on how the situation can ever be improved (after 11 years + of this?)

In any case, my evil plans were foiled. I just got back from a 10:15am Target run. The role-play blasters were straightened, as it looks like the isle was "zoned," but nothing new was "Replenished." I can try again later (the store is just around the corner from me and I'll pit stop there while I go on other errands). But the point is, I can't trust the employees if I ask them to scan something to see if it's in stock. If they recognize me, they'll LIE.

Anyway, one more thing to add: this morning they must have been conducting job interviews. In addition to the usual 5 suspects (Hot Wheels guys plus me) there were like 10-12 people in suits (men and women), with business folder accessories likely holding their resumes. I saw one guy's and knew it was his resume for sure. He was actually studying it. (It must have read, "I'm Richard Nixon and..."

I seriously didn't know the employment situation was that desperate, but Circuit City just announced major layoffs as they can't afford to pay retail employees $12 an hour and want to hire folks closer to the $7 range. Some of the older guys there (we're talking 30's as older) were probably lay-offs. The younger ones (20's) were college kids. 10 to 1, the girls in their cute little business suit / skirts were going to get the jobs. It's sexist, but women are just hired more for that sort of thing as it's perceived they're more customer service oriented and if there is a male hiring manager, he might have delusions of exploiting them, while a female hiring manager might get off on bossing around other ladies. The males (especially older ones in their 30's) would be regarded as useless. Fortunately, Target was alleviating a lot of packing material that morning so they could borrow ample amounts of cardboard to make curbside help signs with. (Well it's actually not that funny and it reminded me of how fortunate I may very well be, in spite of my illness - because if I didn't have resources, I might already be dead as I don't think I could handle going back to even a part time retail job, let alone full time work I'd probably qualify for).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

McQuarrie Boba was just up on HasbroToyShop. One or two scalpers must've swooped in and gotten all of them - they were only up for a minute or two. I had two in my cart and they disappeared. The rest of the wave (minus the DS Trooper who is MIA) is up there now.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Wave 2 TAC up on Hasbro Boba already sold out

BlueSnags that was crazy how did that Happen?

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    Wave 2 TAC up on Hasbro Boba already sold out
    The scalpers and hoarders are LOVING McBoba. No surprise there.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    BlueSnags that was crazy how did that Happen?
    Santosha,

They were up for maybe 1 min tops. I was checking the site all day. One or two guys ordered them all. I was able to add 99 Rebel Honor Guards to my cart, so they must have had an equal amount of Bobas (both 2 per case).

Just plain crazy.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]