Page 47 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147547 ... LastLast
    Congratulations Crunchy Nug! If it's your first, welcome to the club!

Congrats, Crunchy!

I hit the SW show on Saturday (very cool, but crowded) and picked up the Death Star Briefing set finally; many of the sets had no price tag, many in the aisle with the register had $39.95, but a few on the glass display shelves in the middle had $29.95 tags. The cashier/manager was really annoyed and wanted to wait for confirmation that there were more before giving it to me for that price, but the next guest in line had one too so the other cashier confirmed it. I was VERY tempted to grab some maquettes or Kotos... still wish I'd grabbed one or two! I also got to sit in Han's seat in the little Millenium Falcon 'ride' there. It was neat walking through that Falcon hallway, and having actual switches to flip back & forth during the program.

Picked up the TF Alternators Ravage on Saturday morning; nothing at Burbank Target yesterday or today except one odd sight: a Combat Engineer without a helmet. Shook the card around, only heard the rattle of the stand or the holo; absolutely no sign of tampering around the bubble; the tape looked factory-fresh, with the little air pocket around the edge of the plastic and everything. Just an odd factory error, I guess!

Hasbro Survey

Check this out. I just offered my comments:

-No AFA grading
    -Make improvements to HasbroToyShop (allow pre-orders, limit # of figures per customer, increase supply to match demand)
    -Better case ratios

http://www.hasbro.com/common/surveys...collectors.htm
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Congrats, Crunchy!

Didn't do much hunting over the weekend. Waited all day Saturday for FedEx to deliver my Sideshow Endor Troopers. On Sunday picked up a couple Treachery on Saleucami BPs and a Cantina Tin for $10 each at Walmart. Didn't see any TAC Wave 2 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Congrats, Crunchy!

I hit the SW show on Saturday (very cool, but crowded) ...
    What is the SW show?
    Hide it, Post it, and PM it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Check this out. I just offered my comments:

-No AFA grading
    -Make improvements to HasbroToyShop (allow pre-orders, limit # of figures per customer, increase supply to match demand)
    -Better case ratios

http://www.hasbro.com/common/surveys...collectors.htm
    Love those recommendations. I know some people don't like it when brick and mortar stores limit the number of figures you can get, but it's apples and oranges when someone can apparently buy 99 of a single figure online. I think it's reasonable to assume they're not mere army builders.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    What is the SW show?
    i believe they're referring to the SW exhibit at the California Science Center in Exposition Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    I think it's reasonable to assume they're not mere army builders.
    JediMasterSal can swallow that many troopers quite easily. I question the taste to put all of them in one scene.

However, I have nearly 100 Stormtroopers used in my dioramas. But spread out:

11 on the Tantive IV
    10 dispersed through a custom Cloud City
    7 in the Battle of Endor
    9 or so spread between Death Star Playsets

Etc. I believe "less is more" sometimes, when you're trying to showcase the figures, but that's nearly 40 right there spread out between just 4 scenes.

With Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie equaling 4 armed Rebels, 1 stormtrooper opposing them isn't much of a threat. For scene builders, army building becomes an obvious necessity.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Did anyone go to Burbank target today at opening (Toon)? How was it?