Page 52 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
    Went out for the first time in about 2 weeks this morning. Just VN TRU. There was one lonely Bantha there, lighter variant I think, 4 At-At's (for the new price of $99), & a few TAC w1 stragglers. Lots of WiiHeads!!!

Stashed a Brown variant Bantha over at Los Feliz TRU this morning, shoot me a PM if anyone wants it.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I'll take it. PM sent.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Went out for the first time in about 2 weeks this morning. Just VN TRU. There was one lonely Bantha there, lighter variant I think, 4 At-At's (for the new price of $99), & a few TAC w1 stragglers. Lots of WiiHeads!!!
    Hey Crunchy, I was there looking for TAC and saw you grab that Bantha! I was in Van Nuys helping a friend move some furniture in his home and stopped at that TRU. What was weird was seeing Jackie Chan there too. He was bragging that he scored 3 Fetts at Burbank Target and that there were no other collectors at opening. After going every day of this week to that Target TAC hits on the one day I decided to wake up late, and to make it worse, Jackie Chan got the good stuff (by the way, he has no idea who McQuarrie is). Oh well.

Tech,

I was there yes, but that was my good buddy who posts as Darth Anton over at RS & JD who got the Bantha. Funny how there was only ONE on the shelf. It's been so long since I've run into any of the "usual suspects" that I didn't even recognize Jackie Chan.

- Nug

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    . What was weird was seeing Jackie Chan there too. He was bragging that he scored 3 Fetts at Burbank Target and that there were no other collectors at opening. After going every day of this week to that Target TAC hits on the one day I decided to wake up late, and to make it worse, Jackie Chan got the good stuff (by the way, he has no idea who McQuarrie is). Oh well.
    You have to be kidding!!! Damn it! I was going to go, but the wife didn't set the alarm! Time for a beat down.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Spotted and boughtted the newest Galactic Heroes at Target Pasadena.

TRU Los Feliz had a bunch of those Bantha battle packs, just the red variant, not the tan.

If you guys see a white TIE and Sassy Jedi Starfighter, odds are you missed the V-wing and Sith Infiltrator, stupid ****ing Hasbro put them in the case with the new vehicles. Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    I feel like I've been out of the loop for a while cuz my wife finally had our baby last week. It's a boy...and yes, we've already watched Star Wars. It's been an interesting transition to parenthood I tell you.
    Congratulations! That's awesome, not sure what the ol' boy will get out of SW at only a week old, but better to get him into it now while you can... but no prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The TRU CW Ultra Titanium Gunship was the first of the ultras i ever bought that came with that plastic display case so i was surprised at how difficult to unscrew the vehicle from the base. i really don't like the holes that it leaves on the bottom of the ship.
    Yeah, the screws are the biggest drawbacks to these, they leave holes and often stick. I had a Galactica where the screw completely sheared off in the vehicle, that sucked so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    Congratulations, Jeff!

Let me know when I can stop by to see lil' Crunchy.
    Oh man, I'm totally snickering to that one. I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Picked up the TF Alternators Ravage on Saturday morning
    Which WM did you find it at?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Check this out. I just offered my comments:

-No AFA grading
    -Make improvements to HasbroToyShop (allow pre-orders, limit # of figures per customer, increase supply to match demand)
    -Better case ratios
    Yeah, I shot their grading idea down in flames. I also blasted them with the following: "I collect 4 Hasbro lines - Star Wars, Titanium Series, GI Joe, and Transformers - in all 4 instances, product availability has dropped significantly due to poor case assortments and poor shipping schedules. Product availability has become the single most destructive aspect of collecting in my area, fueling horrible amounts of scalping which only worsens the situation. This is exacerbated by favorable product not shipping in later waves while less desired product continues to be restocked. The threat of missing an item has ruined the fun in collecting these toys. Please do more to address the problems of product availability."

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    Love those recommendations. I know some people don't like it when brick and mortar stores limit the number of figures you can get, but it's apples and oranges when someone can apparently buy 99 of a single figure online. I think it's reasonable to assume they're not mere army builders.
    Totally! Here's my feeling, if you're not going to make an infinite amount available to the public, then try to make sure everybody who wants 1 can get 1. Of course, why stupid ol' Hasbro can't make infinite amounts available of anything on their own site is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    That sucks. The closer you are to Frank & Scalpers, the worse the scalping (with Burbank being a possible exception, being the home of some of the most high-profile lowlifes in the SoCal area).
    The irony is that the closer you get to that wretched hive of scum and villainy, the more Targets and WMs there are to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Hasbro really should've had the JSF Ultra in the very first wave instead of the Droid Fighter. who knows, it might actually have made a difference in the fate of the line.
    A-freakin'-men brother! That Titanium Droid Tri-Fighter is so damn boring too, it's the only one I never bothered buying out of all the Ultras, they really brought nothing special to that party. Instead they gave us that and the underwhelming ARC-170 with its non-movable wings, and then pushed the boring-as-hell Slave I on us as well thus clogging shelves for the superior wave 2 and 3 entries.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

If you guys see a white TIE and Sassy Jedi Starfighter, odds are you missed the V-wing and Sith Infiltrator, stupid ****ing Hasbro put them in the case with the new vehicles. Jerks.
    That's incorrect. There is a case with white TIEs, SaeSee fighters, and Vader starfighters - maybe AATs and Hailfires. I've opened the cases myself.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That's incorrect. There is a case with white TIEs, SaeSee fighters, and Vader starfighters - maybe AATs and Hailfires. I've opened the cases myself.
    Tycho is correct. i've come across this assortment many times at opening and haven't so much as seen a single infiltrator or v-wing.

i saw the Saesee Tinn TF at Smeagol Rock Target.

The Titanium situation has gotten really unbearable - Spidey3, TFs and nothing but Dewbacks, Maul Speeders, Paploo Speeders, Sandcrawlers, Blockade Runners.

Most of Wave 2's up on HTS right now. McFett and McStormie are already gone, naturally. There's a coupon called CATSPRO7 for free shipping on $50+ orders. Guards and DSTs are calling!