Page 56 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    I'm hoping that the Luke is NOT the same as the CIV exclusive.
    I hope it is. I also hope that R2 and C3p0 get released on a regular card as well. The different coin that comes with the CIV exclusives could be enough to set it apart from the general releases.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    When, in recent U.S. history, has there been an exclusive that has been the same figure as a basic release figure?

(European Saleucami Trooper & European VOTC Vader don't count)
    I guess that all depends on your perspective. Half of all the figures in the order 66 packs are straight repacks, the other half are just repaints.

The same goes with the Felucia pack.

I know you qualified your statement by saying "recent...history," but the Luke Skywalker figure they gave away in theaters with the rerelease of ROTJ SE was just a straight repack on a slightly different card.

Basically, if they do release these figures as both exclusives with a "unique" accessory, and a general release, then Hasbro has covered their rear-ends. We can't complain about not having access to figures and the people who go to the conventions get their exclusives.

Stillakid, I'd just be patient, or order from HasbroToyShop versus getting a whole case.

At WalMart yesterday I saw Wave2 Han & Luke: pathetic! I'm glad I'm not getting these.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    What this means for me I guess is that I have to assume that they'll pull a KEBCO on me and screw me over. The only thing to do is cover myself and look for the missing coin figures myself. It might mean caving into Ebay scalpers to do it. Taking stock tonight to see what's missing that i didn't pick up at retail yet (most of them).
    Ahhh, don't even mention KEBCO. I was also screwed over by them.

I'm hoping the other Concept Luke Skywalker is the female version.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    I'm hoping the other Concept Luke Skywalker is the female version.
    My thoughts exactly.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I still think it'd be better to label Girl Luke "Leia" even in the rumors, even if the source art really is the early hybrid rather than the later Leia concepts (the ones dressed like the maskless Luke sketch with the upper-chest harness & computer-panel thing). I don't wanna have to pay through the nose just to get Luke for the duel (which probably won't happen since it's an HTS exclusive and will show up online anyway)... that's why I hope it'll be repacked at regular retail price. Same with the droids. I wish they'd done some 'metalized' paint-scheme for the CIV version so everyone could have a chance at the regular ones, clearly different, for a mass-market release. The coin and card are the real exclusive bits as far as I'm concerned, just like that ROTJ:SE Jedi Luke that was going for $100+ in '97.

Anyhoo... Burbank Target was a ghost town. Looks like someone returned a bunch of Lushros, I don't recall there being so many (or any!) recently, and most are beat-up. There was an AAT in the vehicles, but it's junk. A return, badly sealed, with no inner cardboard. Whether the vehicle's in it or not, there's SOMETHING rattling around in it. Best to avoid it. Probably a broken disassembled AAT, or just a bunch of junk. Someone on RS ran into a scam like that.

TAC pegs are down to ONE; after someone removed a tag from the 2nd one last week, it's been replaced with a TSC tag. The toy department redshirt arranged the figures 2 to a peg, with one peg having a few more, after I tried consolidating them (on a whopping 3 and a half pegs). He did the same with the three JLU figures they had, one on each peg with one JLU peg bare. All about presentation, I guess.

A few more strangers wandered in while I was roaming the aisles, including this large hispanic dude that was one of the strangers last week. He turned into the action figure aisle, but finding nothing there I found him at the Hot Wheels loading up. At least he doesn't show up right at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Looks like someone returned a bunch of Lushros, I don't recall there being so many (or any!) recently, and most are beat-up.
    Sounds like Headphones is using Burbank Target as his personal dumping ground again. I bet that Lushros army came direct from "his" NoHo store.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Holy crap! Even with the new "2 per" limit, McFett and McStormie just sold out super-quick at HTS.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Holy crap! Even with the new "2 per" limit, McFett and McStormie just sold out super-quick at HTS.
    They lasted all of 5-10 min, even with the new limit. Maybe they only got a few more in. Or, most likely a few people were just making 20 different orders of 2.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

They instituted a 2 figure per purcahse limit (on the same figures I guess)? Must have been just after I got 6 Death Star Troopers just to spite Stillakid. Guess my hoarding and his complaining ruined it for everyone?

But they e-mailed me saying they shipped my 6. I'm sure everyone doing that left them swimming in Hans and Lukes.

They need to have a totally separate "military line," like SideShow. New card size, so employees at retail can stock them without mixing them, like Greatest Hits, and then do all the troop builders for 3 3/4" that way. That way if the pegs get bought out, the smart systems in stores will order more military line and characters like Lushros or even Han and Luke, or Obi-Wan and R2D2 won't pile up.

The inventory at HTS would be affected in the same positive way.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Alhambra Target had 1 Sith Infiltrator. I'm passing on this and the V-wing so if anyone wants me to stash any of these in the SG Valley, let me know. Though I think they'll become easy to find eventually.

Temple City KMart must have had TAC 2 this morning. I only saw a Luke and a Han. Rosemead Target had squat but Obi Wans and R2s. If I'd gone to KMart first I might have found the Fett, who knows. But KMarts are so inconsistent with having stuff, who ever knows to even bother to go there first?

I was able to hit Alhambra TRU this morning but they also didn't have much of TAC. There was only one other guy there. He was going through all kinds of stuff and gabbed on a cellphone. Maybe I'm wrong, but when I see that, I think dealer.
    Galactic Barn Burner