Page 63 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast
    Funny thing today was there were 3 V-wings (I bought 2) and NO Sith Infiltrators. If you looked at the quality issue, it should be the other way around. But I'm so happy with this ship I own 4 of them now. I hope I'm satiated. Now I have to find pilot figures, firespeeder pilots, and astromechs to catch up with all of this.

Just when I thought I was going to cut back on Star Wars... (technically, that is still true - but I don't see more new vehicles being released in the next few months at the very least).

I also bought a Saga2 C-3PO with interchangeable head since I was never thrilled that the Illum Battle Pack came with a gold C-3PO instead of the AOTC version. My store had 6 pegs of Saga2, 2 pegs of TAC, with the only TAC being 1 Mace and 1 R2D2.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Now I have to find pilot figures, firespeeder pilots, and astromechs to catch up with all of this.
    You can cross astromechs off your list, since the V-wings use a particular kind of astromech, the Q7-series. Just get a big marble the size of the droid-head on the ship and paint it Apparently they're spherical droids with repulsors in their lower hemisphere, no real bodies or legs. I don't mind that explanation, as the droid on the ship's too small & off-model to your average R2 figure anyway!

Went to Target near the 710 fwy and Paramount (City) today- they had lots of TAC Obi/R2/Mace- and wouldn't get any from the back because they are collectibles. The guy told me that they won't get more stock out until the pegs are empty- and that guys like me tend to either hide them or buy and return stuff, so they won't accomodate me. Hasbro is really dropping the ball by not flooding the retail/online outlets with these.

Funny thing today was there were 3 V-wings (I bought 2) and NO Sith Infiltrators. If you looked at the quality issue, it should be the other way around.
    There are a couple assortment revisions to this wave that have no Sith Infiltrators, that might have been it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Went to Target near the 710 fwy and Paramount (City) today- they had lots of TAC Obi/R2/Mace- and wouldn't get any from the back because they are collectibles. The guy told me that they won't get more stock out until the pegs are empty- and that guys like me tend to either hide them or buy and return stuff, so they won't accomodate me. Hasbro is really dropping the ball by not flooding the retail/online outlets with these.
    JangoSpeck, I might recommend you set enough money aside for a legal fund for your defense, and then when you have the cash, go and beat the crap out of that guy. It might be worth it.

"Guys like you..." I'd totally resent that!

Quote Originally Posted by toominator
    You can cross astromechs off your list, since the V-wings use a particular kind of astromech, the Q7-series.....Apparently they're spherical droids with repulsors in their lower hemisphere, no real bodies or legs. I don't mind that explanation, as the droid on the ship's too small & off-model to your average R2 figure anyway!
    Well, I'd be using the astromechs (1-2) of them as external ground grew service along with firespeeder pilot dudes. I think it was figrin bran who took an awesome picture of a hanger scene he made like that. I want to be unoriginal for a bit here and copy that one. I so admired it and I love this ship. My other two are to hang with the wings open.

So I need 5 more pilots, 2 Firespeeder pilots, 1-2 astromechs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho's conscience
    "Way to go Tycho! That'a boy! Keep that collection SMALL. Don't let it grow out of proportion just because they make something cool every once in a while. BTW - I think you need to make an EU Mandalorian Commando Squad as well. Everyone needs one of those, don't they?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho talking to his conscience
    Yeah. You probably won't have anything else to really buy tons of except nearly a ton of comic 2-packs except when you're going to drop at least a c-note on Star Trek figures this summer at Comic Con. You have room for those in your collection, don't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho's conscience
    Somebody shoot me now!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, i've never made a hanger scene diorama so it wasn't me.

I always keep some of Target's guest comment cards handy in case i ever get the sort of crappy treatment that Speck did. "guys like you" would irritate the heck out of me.

I think it was figrin bran who took an awesome picture of a hanger scene he made like that. I want to be unoriginal for a bit here and copy that one. I so admired it and I love this ship. My other two are to hang with the wings open.

So I need 5 more pilots, 2 Firespeeder pilots, 1-2 astromechs now.
    Unoriginal is one thing, but give credit where credit is due...that was me by the way.

Well, he was speaking in general terms, not pointing directly at me, but insinuating that I had unethical motives like the others he'd dealt with. The whole thing sucks, and there's just no way to win. On the other hand, he says they have the same policy for wrestling figures- god I hate those wrestling figures- they bring out the worst type of people, and I've seen it infect all ages, genders and ethnicities. There's just nothing cool or admirable about collecting those things.

Some of 'em seem like they'd make good custom fodder for those working in the Marvel Legends/DC Superheroes scale. I've looked at a few, there's some decent ones. The women seem to have nicer builds & articulation than most Hasbro/Toy Biz ladies... but the wrestling ladies' faces are all pretty nasty-lookin (the figures, not necessarily the women they're based on!). Too manly, most of 'em.

Anyhoo, Burbank Target was still lacking new TAC. Mace is still hanging around from yesterday, but Coin Albums are 50% off! I finally picked one up, along with TF Classics Optimus Prime (also half-off as the Classics give way to movie toys, I imagine; didn't seem like the Cybertron toys were marked down). Lots of POTC stuff clearanced, too, nearly everything but the figures.

Had a rare opportunity to goto Target at opening (Burbank). There are some new members of the Rogue's Gallery apparently, and some of them are into SW stuff. Boxcar Willie showed up late and managed to power walk around me and bolt for the Hot Wheels.

Anyway, I went over to NoHo, only to find Headphones literallly running through the parking lot with a Target bag. He had already pilfered the store, and so when I got to the pegs, there was only the usual wall of Lushos Dofines, but two TAC Lukes and a TAC Han Solo. "Missed it by that much!"

Now I remember why I don't go to store openings.