Page 87 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187587 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Maybe I should've kept the location a secret?

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Maybe I should've kept the location a secret?

Nah, I checked 1 hour after your posting. That's enough time for "regular" buyers to finish with all of them.

Is the 25%/free shipping coupon still working?

Just ordered an EpIII Cinemacast Vader statue from Hasbrotoyshop for 26.24 shipped! Happened to look on the New to Hasnrotoyshop section - Star Wars, and there it was. The code still works too - FNFSPR7 25% off and free shipping. Unfortunately no newer figures, but got an extra lava miner, a couple of on sale SW Transformers, and a couple figure case packs. Can't beat it!

Found another McFett and the new titaniums. Got the new Titanium V-Wing which looks awesome and Plo-Koon's clone wars starfighter w/ hyperdrive ring. They painted it purple instead of blue, so it looks more like Mace's starfighter from clone wars. There was also a B-wing with the new orange deco and clone tank with snow deco.

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    Just ordered an EpIII Cinemacast Vader statue from Hasbrotoyshop for 26.24 shipped! Happened to look on the New to Hasnrotoyshop section - Star Wars, and there it was. The code still works too - FNFSPR7 25% off and free shipping.
    Thanks for the heads up KM. Just placed my order. I'm so glad that I didn't buy this when it first came out for $100.

Nothing to report on the Secret Targets that I visit quite often on my journey to a place of employment that is far far away from my house. Did check anything this weekend took it off to take a breath before Celeb IV.
    But based on what I you guys are saying this forum is no good anymore as a way of communicating with fellow collectors?
    If that is the case I am sad.

Yesterday I hit Kmart after nothing at Target; comic packs! Thanks to whoever the guy was that handed me the ARC pack from the bottom shelf (only 2 were there, with 3 or 4 Lukes and around 6 Quinlans). So I got all 3 sets. Disappointed in Quinlan due to the rubbery blaster, rubbery hilt, and lopsided legs. Villie's bent blaster straightened nicely after a bit of time in his holster... had to pick that set since it's the only one where Quinlan's knuckles didn't have sloppy paint. The ARC's nice but that helmet's a snug fit, would definitely like a couple more. Picked up the Vader & Mace Order 66s at Target Saturday. The Saleucami BP I ordered from eBay also showed up Friday! Now I'm feeling cloned out!

Quote Originally Posted by santosha View Post
    Nothing to report on the Secret Targets that I visit quite often on my journey to a place of employment that is far far away from my house. Did check anything this weekend took it off to take a breath before Celeb IV.
    But based on what I you guys are saying this forum is no good anymore as a way of communicating with fellow collectors?
    If that is the case I am sad.

OK, this "secret" stuff is getting misunderstood and out of hand. This is still THE best thread for L.A. finds. The thing is that we are a salty and sarcastic bunch. We also don't like scalpers and lurkers who take advantage of our free flowing communication, so from time to time we stop giving specific information to the group. PMs are always a great way to get specific help. If it's something that's not too hard to find, then we don't keep it a secret. Basically, if you can be a somewhat regular contributor and can offer help when you can, you'll get nothing but gratitude from the rest of us. Then again, we like to keep our numbers low so that we have a fighting chance of finding our precious toys at retail.

OK, this "secret" stuff is getting misunderstood and out of hand. This is still THE best thread for L.A. finds. The thing is that we are a salty and sarcastic bunch. We also don't like scalpers and lurkers who take advantage of our free flowing communication, so from time to time we stop giving specific information to the group. PMs are always a great way to get specific help. If it's something that's not too hard to find, then we don't keep it a secret. Basically, if you can be a somewhat regular contributor and can offer help when you can, you'll get nothing but gratitude from the rest of us. Then again, we like to keep our numbers low so that we have a fighting chance of finding our precious toys at retail.
    Jango
    You are right that this is the best thread for LA and I have noticed you regulars can be a salty and sarcastic bunch which I think is fine.
    I have felt that saltiness at times but felt that you guys have been chatting away for a long time . I was turned on to this web site by a fellow collector thru word of mouth and my son and I enjoy the chats and adding information when ever we can. I know it might be tough but if at least a few people on the board can get together for a beer at Celeb IV and put a name to a face, people wont look strange at each other in stores and believe that if I dont know you the you must be a scalper.
    Thanks for listening

I didn't recognize the guy at Kmart yesterday who handed me the Obi-Wan/ARC pack, or his buddy who joined him a bit later. Since he handed me the 2nd ARC set, the "hot" one of the new wave, I figured "not a scalper" and overheard them chatting about painting figures while I was in the next aisle. I think that sealed the "no scalper" judgment