Page 97 of 1034 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast

C4 Exclusive insanity

Get this, my friend went to C4 today, and they were giving out a free Exclusive Concept R2/3PO to each attendee with a Monday pass. Damn that chaps my hide!! Apparently, everything in the C4 store (except the figures) is 1/2 off today.
    Last edited by Jango Speck; 05-28-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Monday pass only

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Get this, my friend went to C4 today, and they were giving out a free Exclusive Concept R2/3PO to each attendee. Damn that chaps my hide!! Apparently, everything in the C4 store (except the figures) is 1/2 off today.
    If that's the case if anyone has one of those free one's I can take it off your hands

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    Picked up the only Obi comic pack at Burbank Target at 8:30 today.
    Does Balwin Hills Walmart have the WalMart wave Saga? Saw those for the first time at C4, Woodland Hills did not have any Wal Mart Saga on Sat., but had a ton of other older Saga.
    do you mean the MLK Blvd/Crenshaw Walmart? as far as i can tell, they've never had the exclusive wave of Saga.

free Mcdroids???? argh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    do you mean the MLK Blvd/Crenshaw Walmart? as far as i can tell, they've never had the exclusive wave of Saga.

free Mcdroids???? argh!!!!
    Yup, I think that's the "Baldwin Hills" one. And on that note -Oh Joy- on trying to find the Walmart exclusive Cantina Galactic Heroes Cinema scenes later this year in any LA WalMart!

The explanation I got for the free droids, was "compensation" to Monday Badge holders for only getting "half a show" - 10-4pm.
    Stings a little after spending so much time and money on them on Thursday, but I got over it, my friends were thrilled at least, who only went today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Get this, my friend went to C4 today, and they were giving out a free Exclusive Concept R2/3PO to each attendee with a Monday pass. Damn that chaps my hide!! Apparently, everything in the C4 store (except the figures) is 1/2 off today.
    Yup, it's true. I was so mad! I bought a $5 luggage tag for $2.50 just to take advantage of the 50% off. I did watch a couple dudes win the $350 Sideshow Boba Fett. They had to agree that if they lost the trivia quiz, they had to buy at least a $45 item at Sideshow. The contest consisted of answering three complete SW Trivia Pursuit cards without missing two questions. I thought about it but after they asked "What city/planet is shown second to last in the celebration scenes of the destruction of the 2nd Deathstar in SW Special Ed." er.. I passed... any one know that one?
    Hide it, Post it, and PM it.

Finally completed the set of all 12 CIV Medallions after attending what seemed like 25 One Hour Collector Panels.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Snags, at the Disney panel, did they say when we can expect to see those Disney and Muppet figures? and they did mention something about trying to get SW Weekends out here in Disneyland, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    but after they asked "What city/planet is shown second to last in the celebration scenes of the destruction of the 2nd Deathstar in SW Special Ed." er.. I passed... any one know that one?
    Hello. My name is Tycho. I am a Star Wars Uber-Nerd. May I be of assistance? Perhaps I can answer your question?

This will be the abridged version. You can PM me if you'd like the entire 8 volume answer I comprised for you.

But directly, the answer is the City of Theed on the Planet Naboo.

As the Death Star II is blown up, we move from scene to scene from:

Endor
    Cloud City - Bespin
    Mos Eisley - Tatooine
    Theed - Naboo - 2ND TO LAST RIGHT HERE
    Imperial Center - Coruscant

If they wanted to be technical, since the scene cuts back to the Ewok Village on Endor, that would make Imperial Center, Coruscant the 2nd to last environment seen. But I don't think that answers their question the way it was phrased without second-guessing yourself.

In any event, in terms of knowledge I could answer the question. In terms of answering correctly exactly what they might mean, well....

It's like:

"Are you smart?"

"Yes."

"Than spell it."

Does the person asking want you to spell: S-M-A-R-T or I-T or Y-E-S?

Anytime a juvenile wants to screw with someone they can play this game and they can manipulate it so there is no correct and obvious answer.

In that case, the best answer is to say that to be smart, one must be wise, and the beginning of wisdom is admitting there are things one does not know the answer to. Note you're not even saying whether or not you can spell "smart, it, or yes."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Picked up 2 Darth Maul FX Sabers this morning and an Obi Wan FX at Fry's for 49.99 each! Memorial day ad ended today. One Maul at Burbank (let me have the display), and then called around to all other stores. Manhattan Beach had more.
    Opted against any swag at C4 store for 50% off, as most of the Corporate Logo stuff just looks cheap and generic. Bought a pin the first day, so I was set.
    My 3 friends who only went today were thrilled to get a free R2/3PO figure though (Monday badges only).

Got a giftcard from Sideshow (the free handout ones) and it was for $50! Ordered the Endor Striker Force Bundle 12" set, as they are in stock. Sweet incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    Picked up 2 Darth Maul FX Sabers this morning and an Obi Wan FX at Fry's for 49.99 each!
    Nice job!

Got a giftcard from Sideshow (the free handout ones) and it was for $50! Ordered the Endor Striker Force Bundle 12" set, as they are in stock. Sweet incentive.
    That's like buy 2 and get the 3rd one free (give or take about $10)! You did good! I stand in awe.

I got wave 3 this morning at Wal-Mart:

2 Stormtroopers (in light of Han Bespin Torture, I think I'll need these guys)
    1 Biggs - he has the cape (for Caesar's, Chuxter's information. Mine must be a variant )
    1 Vader - I knew I was going to be suckered into getting that because of Obi-Wan's cloak
    1 Jawa and LIN Droid - the droid is weak it is so small. It's NOT what we wanted
    1 Concept Chewie - this figure is large but kind of cartoony. I'm not sure I'll keep him.*

*Chewie is for a background alien, posing as some other species to populate my dioramas, but he's still very fake-looking for that use. I bought POTC figures for my background that I'm more comfortable using. If Chewie makes it (probably for Coruscant's CoCo Street outside of Club Outlander, I'll decide if I want to get any more of this figure. Let's just say I'm not thrilled, but then I don't like most of the McQuarrie stuff - I just wish I could find 2 of those Fetts!

The case:

1 Chewie
    1 Jawa / LIN
    1 Biggs
    1 Luke - gawd awful ugly - he looks like Phil Collins if you ask me. Land of Confusion indeed
    2 Vaders
    2 Stormtroopers
    2 Airbornes from Wave 1
    2 Marines from Wave 1

That's the case.

Wal-Mart also got the VTAC, but the girl stocking said they weren't supposed to put them out until June 2. I was going to point out to her that I'd already bought almost all I wanted of those from Target (where they are $2 more per figure btw), but I got into trouble at Wal-Mart this morning anyway. PM me if you want me to elaborate.

Oh, their Sith Infiltrator (I think only 1 of them) is sitting there but the V-wings have sold through since the last time I was there, as I predicted they would.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.