Page 101 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 10362
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i finally got around to opening those free packs of the pocketmodel TCG from CIV. they look like they could be fun but actually they suck...as i was putting one of the TIE Fighters together, the tabs to attach the panels broke off.
    As soon as I opened them and saw how friggin' tiny they were, I got real skeptical. Then when I assembled them with my sausage fingers, I got ****ed off. They are a good idea, poorly executed. Had they been significantly larger, I would have loved them.

I was really excited about this game, for the "models", not the game.
    WizKids' Pirate ships are amazing little models.

The smaller craft like the Ties, Jedi Fighters, etc are not that interesting because they are so small and simple, but the Lambda Class Shuttle is an amazing piece of model engineering. I bought a tin with the 5 boosters and the larger ships are fun to put together. Problem is there aren't that many, and they repeat a lot. Out of the 80 different ships there are 20 styles, and some are more rare.

I would love to see more intricate models like the Pirate ships. A jabba sail Barge would be great, Trade Federation Control ship, Slave 1, Republic Gunship, ATAT, Infiltrator.

There are alot of options to expand this game, and I hope the models get more detailed in their construction.

On a Just Found note. Just ordered wave 5 TAC from EE.

I got my 2 McFetts! A guy who's a friend of a friend's found them at another store and Wave 3 hit my Target this morning. I didn't need anything from Wave 3, so I bought his figures and traded them (McChewie, Trooper) for the Fetts I needed. It worked out well for both of us.

A mom with kid is starting to shop there now and the guys suspect he'll be a runner. That's OK by me though. Kids should get these first. They're not going to scalp the figures so even if I got to the pegs first, I'd let a child under 10 or whatever have whatever he wants. It's cool to see a young person into SW. Maybe a lasting fan? Most likely his dad is as well.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wow, sucky news on the JLU exclusive! At least they're only charging retail $10 for it, to take some of the sting outta the bait-n-switch. That Man-Bat which'd be $10 at retail's goin for $20!! I hope Mattel's exclusive system is better at this year's SDCC than years past. I never liked that lottery thing. Hasbro had PLENTY of Alternators, gold Vader TIEs, and 501st Stormies to go around all weekend.

Nothing new at Burbank Target, of course. Over the weekend I got 3 loose Myos and an EB Luke from a Hong Kong seller who had 'em pretty cheap. Myo didn't have any accessories, unfortunately, and one had an upper right arm where his upper left should be, but as 2 are for fodder that's not a big deal (plus I've got extra glasses from my extra Hems and Momaws). Not bad for the price a single carded Myo is pulling in most auctions!

Just ordered Wave 5 case from EE. Great assortment.

Found Saga Legends this morning at Target. Guess who was there? Headphones. I got the 2 AOTC Clones and he grabbed the Shocktrooper. They had a fresh case of Comic Packs too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Found Saga Legends this morning at Target. Guess who was there? Headphones. I got the 2 AOTC Clones and he grabbed the Shocktrooper. They had a fresh case of Comic Packs too.
    Did he go straight to the SW figures?
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Wow, sucky news on the JLU exclusive! At least they're only charging retail $10 for it, to take some of the sting outta the bait-n-switch.
    I just checked the San Diego Comic Con website and it had the JLU 3 pack listed as $20. Now that sucks, charging double for something that should have been on store shelves months ago.

Saw more Snowtroopers at Rosemead Target. Left there from yesterday. I think the $12 Target price is turning some people off.

Got one more Snowtrooper from Wal-mart Baldwin Park this morning. They had plenty of the crappy Fathers day set. And a ton of old Saga.
    Galactic Barn Burner

I went by Legacy Comics here in Glendale and they had Bossk, Leia, Luke, and Han from VTAC for $6.99. HOWEVER, they were removed from the star cases, the peg hole was punched out, and obviously the coin-form info was removed. Still, for extras it's not a bad deal (regular TAC starts at $9.99 there, with troops like the Marine goin for $13, and McQuarries probably going for even more). Picked up Bossk & Leia for myself, Luke for a coworker since he doesn't care about the coin thing. I'm guessing the Snowtrooper wasn't so cheap even 'open', and wouldn't be surprised if IG was a bit more, too.

Picked up a couple Legends figures this afternoon at Target in Pacoima. Maul and Battle Droids. AOTC clones and Shocktrooper were gone, rest still there. These look nice and are under the same sku as Saga figs - $6.64.
    Let's hope the current pegwarmers from Saga that are being eventually reissued don't clog the pegs for some of the cooler repacks.

I definitely need all the pit droid 2 pack versions and a Sandcrawler droid!

Speaking of needed figures, what figures should we be looking out for from the Legends line? For me its the pit droids, RA-7, Battle droid variants, and AOTC colored variants. But none of that comes til at least wave 3.