Page 104 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 10402
    I did the Santa Clarita Walmarts loop tonight-nothing but Saga and one case of comic 2-packs. Saw tons of the new Transformers: what a bunch of cheap plastic crap! I can't believe how much worse they are than when I was a kid. $10 and $20 for flimsy plastic? Insane is all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    I did the Santa Clarita Walmarts loop tonight-nothing but Saga and one case of comic 2-packs. Saw tons of the new Transformers: what a bunch of cheap plastic crap! I can't believe how much worse they are than when I was a kid. $10 and $20 for flimsy plastic? Insane is all I can say.
    I took a rare after midnight trip to a 24 hour Wal-Mart and there were scalpers going crazy for the Transformer movie toys, which were just being put out and sold. Those toys are crappola. I heard two scalper idiots with a full cart wondering what happened to two of their items.

"As long as we still have the scorpion," one said, whatever the hell that means. Turns out someone took at least two of their items, including the "scorpion" out of their cart. "They got us good," one of the dorks said.

This was the Glendora Wal-Mart. On the way back home I stopped by the Baldwin Park one and they were putting out a lot of Transformers stuff, but that place was dead. I'm not a Transformers fan, but the regular, non-movie Transformers items look a lot better than these.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Two of the BEST posts I've ever seen on this site regarding Transformers can be found above!

But actually, a lot of the Energon, Armada, Cybertron, RID - all that stuff was a lot worse.

Classics was decent though.

But G1 rocked way back when. Find some of the original mold releases for Alternators if you want to see some really good Transfomers worth $20:

SideSwipe
    SmokeScreen
    Hound
    Tracks
    Meister (Jazz)
    Wheeljack (OK, Grimlock was the original release for this mold but never should have been)
    Sunstreaker
    Mirage
    Ravage (the Jaguar)
    Rumble

And look into the nearly $100 import Masterpieces of

Optimus Pirme
    Starscream
    Megatron

The above are the only Transformers I own or would own until other products come out that are to my satisfaction.

But thank you Luuuuke and Jango Speck for your posts. I love the above Transformers I listed, but our TF thread here is full of blind followers who probably liked the Headmasters back in the day.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Found a few figures from wave 3 today. If I would had gone to my 3rd stop 1st I might had got the whole case.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Two of the BEST posts I've ever seen on this site regarding Transformers can be found above!

But thank you Luuuuke and Jango Speck for your posts. I love the above Transformers I listed, but our TF thread here is full of blind followers who probably liked the Headmasters back in the day.
    oh great...mr. sophisticated toy non collector is at it again.

Attn: Local LA Guys-

I've got an extra Lord Of The Rings Balrog (produced by NECA in scale with the ToyBiz LOTR figures) for sale. I'm only asking $90 for it (I believe MSRP was $120), so if any of you LOTR fans want it, shoot me a PM. The Balrog is still sealed in the box.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Wave 3 and Saga Legends Wave at Eagle Rock Target this morning...

Wave 3 and lots of VTAC at Burbank Target as of 9am.

On Saturday I received a loose McLuke in the mail with a loose Villie for fodder. Not TOO bad for $20 shipped. Looks like HTS took Luke off their site so it may be awhile before I can get a 2nd one. Awesome little figure, though the belt-clip for the saber hilt warps something fierce with the hilt in it. Kinda disappointed about that. Can't wait for Wave 4 to get a Vader to go with him!

Wave 3 hit Burbank Target this morning, so naturally I was 2 minutes late. I picked up a Stormtrooper and Jawa, and surprisingly I'm not all that thrilled with the Stormie. The stance IS a bit wider which is very nice, but I doubt I'll be goin crazy trying to scoop up tons of 'em. Love the Jawa & LIN droid, I don't care if the scale's off. Hasbro needs to duplicate the mold for the Jawa's blaster and retool it with a DL-44 short scope on the side (not top!) and then we'd have a perfect ESB/ROTJ Han/Luke blaster. It's SOOOO much nicer than the crappy one with Bespin Luke or the hair-dryer VTSC/Endor one.

There were 3 Vaders, so I THINK they put out a partial of a 2nd case, or put one out yesterday afternoon/evening. Commtech scored the only McChewie this morning and the other Stormie, and nobody was in any hurry to grab Luke or Biggs. I like Biggs, but passed for now. Tons of Marines & Airbornes & Maces to go around.

No restock on Transformers that I noticed, just a couple odd extras from yesterday afternoon I suppose (Ratchet, more Real Gears). The Target-exclusive Scout assortment showed up yesterday, and it's all Cybertron repaints. Kinda lame. That place got cleaned out Saturday morning, and TRU was even worse! I helped a buddy fill his cart with Deluxe figures he hadn't spotted, in addition to all the bigger ones he'd grabbed, and other people were filling carts & talking about what was rare and stuff (I tried to get people to stop saying Starscream was rare, since he's packed the same as any other $20 TF). I passed on all the TFs for now, there's only a few I'd like and I know there'll be plenty once the initial excitement dies down. I did get Optimash Prime for my nephew

Quote Originally Posted by Orbsah Stealth Ninja View Post
    I find Teenage mutante ninja turtles snow globe at target in pasadena but drop it coming down escalator.

Me so sad.
    OK dude, none of your previous posts are at all interesting or relevant. I hope you have some productive information to share with us next time.