Page 109 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 10360
    Opened up a Wave 3 Stormie last night. Not impressed. Don't like the clunky helmet that looks like it's about to fall off. I'm not sold on this OT-Troopers-with-removable-helmets kick that Hasbro seems to be on.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

After a long run to a few valley targets and walmarts this morning, the only new stuff I found was at Target Sepulveda/Burbank. This was my lasy stop and really only to get milk and of course check the toys. Turns out as I rounded the aisle a team member was petting a case of wave 3 on the pegs. Another collector was there with a few already stacked up as she unpacked them. He got the one Chewy but parted with one of the 2 jawas there.
    This was around 11:30.
    All I need now, like everyone else is a McChewy. I have a case on order from EE, but am just getting a few odds ond ends to open and hope to get an opener set of McQuarrie figures. At least Boba was 2 per case, but the other cases are only one per. Why?

TWO McChewies are stashed at a Valley Target. PM me for info.

- J

wampaslayr is claiming one of the McChewies. There is still another... but they are in the same location, so if you go to pick it up, please be honest and leave the second for wampaslayr! Thanks!

- J

Both McChewies are claimed. Play nice, everyone!

- J
    Last edited by MicroJow; 06-06-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: both figures claimed

Quote Originally Posted by MicroJow View Post
    TWO McChewies are stashed at a Valley Target. PM me for info.

- J
    Microjow, PM Sent for location.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Opened up a Wave 3 Stormie last night. Not impressed. Don't like the clunky helmet that looks like it's about to fall off. I'm not sold on this OT-Troopers-with-removable-helmets kick that Hasbro seems to be on.
    I like it, but Hasbro really just screwed up the head. I'm partaking in a long argument over on RS with someone who swears the new one is atrocious and they should bring back the 'superior' VOTC, which I disagree with (giant ball on the neck, visible from many angles, bad helmet sculpt, and all the other nitpicks that plague both VOTC and TAC). If Hasbro'd made a bigger head, the helmet would sit just fine and look great -- case in point, I've got my Comic Han and my 1st TAC Stormie at work. Swapped heads. Han's head on TAC body + TAC helmet = beautiful Stormtrooper with no major head problems.

I wish Hasbro'd mix it up some more, with some non-Jango heads, but they may wait for repacks to try those. Otherwise, I love the removable helmets even on OT troopers.

As for why McFett got 2-per-case, probably because it's Boba Fett! He goes quick in almost any form.

Has anyone else seen problems with the Saga legends AOTC clone trooper's head joint? I've gotten 2 of these and both had extremely loose neck-head joints. It's hard to keep the head upright. It usually sags to some side or other. I think the neck peg is either too small or the hole beneath the helmet is too wide.

It's not a huge problem, but still.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Target on La Cienega in West LA and Kmart at 3rd & Fairfax both had all of TAC wave 3 last night minus concept Chewie, the only one I still need (stashing would be much appreciated). Saga Legends out the wingwang at both as well.

Kmart there also had the Titanium V-wing wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    BTW, I emailed twice for my C IV SSG badge and still no reply.
    Steve sent out like 90 of these things, every email he got he sent the replies on, but he got a ton of bounce-backs.

The convention itself was 'okay', I guess... I've been to too many of these things.
    I thought it was great, but it was my first SW Celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    I went by Legacy Comics here in Glendale and they had Bossk, Leia, Luke, and Han from VTAC for $6.99. HOWEVER, they were removed from the star cases, the peg hole was punched out, and obviously the coin-form info was removed. Still, for extras it's not a bad deal (regular TAC starts at $9.99 there, with troops like the Marine goin for $13, and McQuarries probably going for even more). Picked up Bossk & Leia for myself, Luke for a coworker since he doesn't care about the coin thing. I'm guessing the Snowtrooper wasn't so cheap even 'open', and wouldn't be surprised if IG was a bit more, too.
    Oh snap, that's a good one, any Bossks or Lukes left?

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Just download the badge from the forum, then open it in a photo editor and change Steve's name to yours. (You can google "Star Wars font" and get the exact same font). That's what I did, and even after he emailed it to me, mine looked better because his fonts came out jagged for some reason. (No Offense SirSteve!) By the way, Target sells the little 4x6 lamination kits.
    I noticed that, he left anti-aliasing off, I suspect because some printers don't do well with that but I never asked.

I knew those badges weren't going to work, I remember back on "Fan Day", the 1 month anniversary of TPM, we had SSG fan day badges and I wore them to the digital screening where it turned out we had to wear entry badges as well, entry badges covered up the Fan Day ones.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i read some comments on the GG blog that if you have multiple items on preorder and one of them isn't available but the others are, they won't let you get the ones that are in stock. great going GG!
    A friend of mine had exactly that happen to him! There's a lesson we can all take from that, if you're going to preorder this stuff, make them separate preorders from each other.
    did you guys get the EE catalog in the mail? they have 2 mandolorian sets coming later this summer.
    They're not all mandalorians, I think the copy there confused it, it's still a mystery pack so far and only the first one is confirmed to be a mandalorian. I think that figure, Llats Ward, is meant to represent Hasbro's Brian Parrish and I suspect the other removable helmets will reveal the rest of the SW Hasbro team but that's only a total guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    If any of you guys have extra c3po and r2 mcquarrie sets you want to trade or sell, shoot me a PM.
    Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    I got a kind of cool holographic card with my delivery of the L.A. Times this morning of a Buddha turning into Yoda and vice versa. It's for the "Legacy" program on the History Channel tonight.
    They were giving that out at the convention, a 4-pack of the various ads they have out (yoda-buddha; lightsaber-sword; x-wing - WW2 fighter plane; German soldier helmet-stormtrooper helmet).

Finally completed the set of all 12 CIV Medallions after attending what seemed like 25 One Hour Collector Panels.
    "like"? It was 25 1-hour panels to get them all... well, 24 since the last one didn't have them and you'd know that if you were at the second-to-last one. I got that one actually, my only one. They're much nicer than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    1 Concept Chewie - this figure is large but kind of cartoony. I'm not sure I'll keep him.*

*Chewie is for a background alien, posing as some other species to populate my dioramas, but he's still very fake-looking for that use. I bought POTC figures for my background that I'm more comfortable using. If Chewie makes it (probably for Coruscant's CoCo Street outside of Club Outlander, I'll decide if I want to get any more of this figure. Let's just say I'm not thrilled, but then I don't like most of the McQuarrie stuff - I just wish I could find 2 of those Fetts!
    You don't want to keep him, you want to send him to your old pal JediTricks.

Oh, their Sith Infiltrator (I think only 1 of them) is sitting there but the V-wings have sold through since the last time I was there, as I predicted they would.
    I'm not trying to defend the Sith Infilsucker, but there are several cases with it that have no V-wing at all, and some where it's more SIs than V-wings.

IG-88's cool, but glad I got him first & opened... I was toying with buying several for IG Lancers or the goofy EU "other bodies" that the main IG-88 controlled, but cool as he looks, he's got some downsides. I tried just about every blaster in my fodder-bin/accessory-storage, none fit all that well in his back holster. The Rebel DH-17 kinda fits but it might warp the scope, and if the bottom of the holster was wider it'd be perfect for 88's E-11... ah well.
    Yeah, nothing fits that holster, it's not designed right, material is too hard and the cavity isn't quite wide enough.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Looks like Eagle Rock Target put out a case of TAC 3 this morning. Heard this from some guys while waiting for Los Feliz TRU to open today (nothing new). Of course they were all snatched up. Also heard that the Hasbro booth at CIV yesterday was selling sets of TAC 3.
    2 mexican dudes told you that, right? They were right too, Eagle Rock had the Vintage minus the Snowtrooper 40 minutes later, but Pasadena 1 and 2 story had nothing. Stupid TRU didn't even look like they had straightened their wothless barren shelves from the day before.

Plus he's missing his 3rd 'eye' on the side, which is odd.
    He's not missing it, it's there and even painted red, they just cut it down to a nub for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i finally got around to opening those free packs of the pocketmodel TCG from CIV. they look like they could be fun but actually they suck...as i was putting one of the TIE Fighters together, the tabs to attach the panels broke off.
    As soon as I opened them and saw how friggin' tiny they were, I got real skeptical. Then when I assembled them with my sausage fingers, I got ****ed off. They are a good idea, poorly executed. Had they been significantly larger, I would have loved them.
    Geez guys, what did you do, assemble 'em with your feet?!? I didn't have any breakage with these, found them quite charming actually even though they're not die-cut right and I assembled the X-wing wings wrong so they faced the same way. I even disassembled them and put them back in their slots in the tray board.

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    I was really excited about this game, for the "models", not the game.
    WizKids' Pirate ships are amazing little models.

The smaller craft like the Ties, Jedi Fighters, etc are not that interesting because they are so small and simple, but the Lambda Class Shuttle is an amazing piece of model engineering. I bought a tin with the 5 boosters and the larger ships are fun to put together. Problem is there aren't that many, and they repeat a lot. Out of the 80 different ships there are 20 styles, and some are more rare.

I would love to see more intricate models like the Pirate ships. A jabba sail Barge would be great, Trade Federation Control ship, Slave 1, Republic Gunship, ATAT, Infiltrator.

There are alot of options to expand this game, and I hope the models get more detailed in their construction.
    Yeah, I tossed those game cards off to the side the second I opened the wrapper, what the hell are they thinking doing CCG *and* models?!? It's one or the other, pick a friggin' gimmick! Luckily, I thought the models were really clever, and the full packs have 4 to 8 per pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I got my 2 McFetts! A guy who's a friend of a friend's found them at another store and Wave 3 hit my Target this morning. I didn't need anything from Wave 3, so I bought his figures and traded them (McChewie, Trooper) for the Fetts I needed. It worked out well for both of us.
    NOOOOOOOO!!!! Oh well, no Chewie for me.

Wow, sucky news on the JLU exclusive! At least they're only charging retail $10 for it, to take some of the sting outta the bait-n-switch. That Man-Bat which'd be $10 at retail's goin for $20!! I hope Mattel's exclusive system is better at this year's SDCC than years past. I never liked that lottery thing.
    Man, I totally HATE that stupid lottery thing - oh boy, I've won the right to give you jerks money! LEGO was pulling that for their CIV exclusive at the show, $50 for a little box diorama with 5 minifigs, Steve and I both drew not realizing exactly what was up here. That crap has to die a horrible death!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok888 View Post
    Hey guys,

Any chance any of you guys out there either have extras of the Celebration IV entrance badges or are willing to sell me your original badge? I just figured I'd ask cause if some of you folks aren't interested in them, I think the artistry on these cartoon figures is pretty sweet !

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a PM - thank you !
    They had fridge magnets of the badge art at the show but only the public badges at the time, no vip, press, crew, etc.. They're on SWshop as a set now: http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/pro...duct_id=406373

Wave 3 hit Burbank Target this morning, so naturally I was 2 minutes late. I picked up a Stormtrooper and Jawa, and surprisingly I'm not all that thrilled with the Stormie. The stance IS a bit wider which is very nice, but I doubt I'll be goin crazy trying to scoop up tons of 'em.
    I'm in the same boat, not all that thrilled, although I don't see the stance being a bit wider than the VOTC (it's the same body, unlike the Tantive IV Battle Pack version). The helmet also warps slightly to conform to the trooper's head beneath. I bought 2 last night, that's probably all I'll ever want. I may just buy the Tantive BP again though, that trooper is awesome.

Love the Jawa & LIN droid, I don't care if the scale's off. Hasbro needs to duplicate the mold for the Jawa's blaster and retool it with a DL-44 short scope on the side (not top!) and then we'd have a perfect ESB/ROTJ Han/Luke blaster. It's SOOOO much nicer than the crappy one with Bespin Luke or the hair-dryer VTSC/Endor one.
    Yeah, that blaster is nice and those others are indeed crappy! Does the Luke version of the blaster have that coil on the back the way this Jawa one does though?

BTW, for buyers of this TAC Jawa, he's got a droid caller accessory in his left hand (his belt has a loop to hold it even) this is easily overlooked and lost.

I don't care who it is, it's just annoying. Forum trolls are frustrating, and deserve to be kicked.
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I think they should just be head-butted off the bridge.
    "Mister Worf's forehead looks like a fanny" is the quote that came to my mind when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
    Welcome to the group and thanks for the heads up. I stopped by before work (around 10:30) and was able to get all the clones I needed. It was actually a surprise to see so many clones still on the shelf. All the Jawas, Darth Mauls, Yodas, Concept Chewies and Biggs were gone. It looks like the new Storntrooper is going to be a peg warmer. I've seen quite a few sitting on shelves now.
    They must have restocked in the afternoon because last night they had everything but Maul and McQ Chewie.

I don't think it looks like it's about to fall off, but on the other side of that, it actually DOES fall off all the damn time!

I like it, but Hasbro really just screwed up the head. I'm partaking in a long argument over on RS with someone who swears the new one is atrocious and they should bring back the 'superior' VOTC, which I disagree with (giant ball on the neck, visible from many angles, bad helmet sculpt, and all the other nitpicks that plague both VOTC and TAC). If Hasbro'd made a bigger head, the helmet would sit just fine and look great -- case in point, I've got my Comic Han and my 1st TAC Stormie at work. Swapped heads. Han's head on TAC body + TAC helmet = beautiful Stormtrooper with no major head problems.
    You're absolutely right about that visual part, but if Hasbro had made a bigger head, the helmet would warp even worse than it does now. Both of mine are warped out on the left side of the helmet face.

I'm thinking maybe we should do a collectors lunch sometime, I was actually going to suggest it for this week but I'm sick as a dog. In general, what days/times/areas are good for y'all?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's odd, mine has absolutely no warping on the helmet, because the head's so ridiculously small! Han's head is a snug fit, while it wobbles on the clone head, but even Han doesn't warp it (it's pretty much the same helmet as Comic Han's anyway, indentations within and all)

When I open my 2nd Stormie tonight I'll know more, and I'll be able to compare it with my VOTC Stormie. The stance does seem wider to me, maybe the bubble-tray warping has something to do with that (anyone else notice Wave 3 Biggs' toes are trying to jump up to his knees cuz of the bubble??)

I'm still not thrilled with the Stormie, but really enjoyable if you swap heads.

My gawd JT, that was as long as a 17 page article.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten