Page 362 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 10330
    After C4 and SDCC last year, I'm done with conventions- too much hassle.

I got a room at the Best Western Hacienda in Old Town. I've stayed in many of the hotels around the convention center and really prefer this one, away from the grime and congestion of downtown.

I'll be at the show Thursday through Sunday as an exhibitor, hawking my webcomic, PIRATE COVE. Swing on by the Small Press area & say howdy! And if you want to check out the strip, it's at:

http://www.piratecovecomic.com

Just wrapping up a storyline today, but the new one starts tomorrow (Thursday the 7th) and all of the older storylines are in the "Archives" section. Enjoy & hope to see some of you at the show!

- J

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnags View Post
    Where you staying? I'm staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Scored a room this morning...it was a stressful situation.

-Snags
    Nice, I'm at the same place. I booked a room for Thurs & Fri nights. Gonna bring the family down this time. Pool party anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Pool party anyone?
    Crap, I gotta get to the gym.

Sounds like Wally World is the only place to find the new stuff- I just don't have time since none of them are near my hunting grounds and I have a new baby to play with- I refer to my kids as "the ultimate action figures". By the way, anyone want to help me out with a McRebel?

Congratulations on the new addition to your family, Speck!

I'm just going to wait for 08 Wave 1 to show up at Target and/or TRU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Sounds like Wally World is the only place to find the new stuff- I just don't have time since none of them are near my hunting grounds and I have a new baby to play with- I refer to my kids as "the ultimate action figures". By the way, anyone want to help me out with a McRebel?
    I'll keep my eyes open for sure, but I can't guarantee anything here in Long Beach...SLIM PICKINS! Seriously though Speck, if I see one, (and I just found one the other day for a friend) I'll pick it up for you. I travel to Burbank often too so we won't have to use the mail
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    Didn't make the rounds this morning because I was at home trying to get a room for Comic Con. Anyone else have any luck? It was a royal pain in the arse getting through this year, but I actually ended up getting a place right across the street from the Convention Center!!!
    I agree with you guys -- it was a nightmare trying to get a room. 1 hour, 2 browsers with multiple windows, and a phone to the ear finally led to a lucky spot at the good ol' Marina Marriott next door. Whew! It was draining, though. Tons of people weren't so lucky, if you look at Comic Con's "housing blog": http://comicconblog.typepad.com/stay....html#comments

Hope Hasbro doesn't hit us with too many expensive exclusives this year --

I completely blanked on reservations yesterday, as I did last year, though I remembered mid-day. Couldn't get to a computer to try until evening so I didn't really bother. Last year I got a room not terribly far from the convention center in May or June, so I'm not too worried.

Last night I went to Burbank Target & picked up the lone TAC Jango they had, finally. Cool figure! Can't wait to get the Evo set to try to improve that one. It seems like they may have intended this one to have swappable gauntlets at some point, judging by how the forearms are constructed. Should be a good figure for 'generic' custom fodder (and extra Mandalorian gear).

A McFett was also on the pegs! And the other day I saw 2 Starkillers, a McSolo, and some other McQuarrie figure on the pegs long after opening. Weird, but nice. Hopefully McRebels eventually reach that point, still missing 'em and most of the AOTC wave. Eventually I'll finish up...

Heads up: Evolutions Wave 2 IN STOCK at NewForceComics

http://newforcecomics.com/Merchant2/..._Code=87480wv2

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]