Page 386 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486886 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 10362
    Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Is the Van Nuys TRU the one next door to the infamous "Hello Kitty Lady" ?
    unfortunately, yes. Guess that's part of the reason they're scary. I'd say the PR TRU is little cleaner than the Topanga location, but that could've changed. What about Torrance tru while we're at it?

What's the infamous Hello Kitty Lady all about?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    By the way, I finally figured out who the "Forrest Gump" employee is- hilarious!
    Your journey is now complete. If you look closely at that guy, you'll see Chubby13 standing behind him, controlling his puppet strings.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What's the infamous Hello Kitty Lady all about?
    You can read all about it on RS.

Ah, "Hello Kitty Lady," where to begin?

Well, off the top of my head I can remember her threatening to have my car towed because I parked it in front of her strip-mall store even though I was going to the 7-11 in the strip mall and the spots in front of her store are not exclusively hers... I recall her telling me to get out of her store because I had the audacity to move a couple figures aside on the peg in order to see what was behind them (and no, I didn't drop anything or have dirty funky hands - I was actually being extremely careful)... then there was the time I tried to take an empty "Star Wars Figures" box (you know - the ones Hasbro ships the figures in) off the top of the garbage can in front of her store and she told me to put it back, it's not mine, but I can have it for $5 (this was outside her store, mind you, among a pile of smashed & dirty cardboard boxes that were going to be picked up by the garbage man)... then there were the times she harassed my friends, also for parking in front of her (closed at the time) store... and last but not least, she arrived a few minutes late to a WalMart once, just behind my friend who was buying sets of UGH coin figures for fellow collectors and when she cried over "needing those figures for her store," he actually gave her a set to buy. But that wasn't enough and she followed him to the register, screaming that he was trash and filth and that he was buying all of HER figures (in front of my friend's two young children, might I add.)

Wow. That's quite a bit for off the top of my head!

- J

I don't even bother going to Kitty Store adjacent TRU anymore. Don't believe I EVER found anything good. A quick siteseeing trip next door was more than enough to know what was going on there.

Gree, trooper and Panning Droid up on HTS now

Wow! I pictured the "Hello Kitty Lady" as a broken-English speaking, elder Asian woman saying, "Fife dollah! Fife dollah!" and "You touch my Sta Waz, I hate you long time! Yes. I hate you long time!"

"No porking! My store! No porking here! You go 'way! You got fife dollah? Then no porking!"

Did I peg that one right?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroJow View Post
    Ah, "Hello Kitty Lady," where to begin?

Well, off the top of my head I can remember her threatening to have my car towed because I parked it in front of her strip-mall store even though I was going to the 7-11 in the strip mall and the spots in front of her store are not exclusively hers... I recall her telling me to get out of her store because I had the audacity to move a couple figures aside on the peg in order to see what was behind them (and no, I didn't drop anything or have dirty funky hands - I was actually being extremely careful)... then there was the time I tried to take an empty "Star Wars Figures" box (you know - the ones Hasbro ships the figures in) off the top of the garbage can in front of her store and she told me to put it back, it's not mine, but I can have it for $5 (this was outside her store, mind you, among a pile of smashed & dirty cardboard boxes that were going to be picked up by the garbage man)... then there were the times she harassed my friends, also for parking in front of her (closed at the time) store... and last but not least, she arrived a few minutes late to a WalMart once, just behind my friend who was buying sets of UGH coin figures for fellow collectors and when she cried over "needing those figures for her store," he actually gave her a set to buy. But that wasn't enough and she followed him to the register, screaming that he was trash and filth and that he was buying all of HER figures (in front of my friend's two young children, might I add.)

Wow. That's quite a bit for off the top of my head!

- J
    wow MJ, i had no idea about those events leading up to the battle at walmart. What's really bad is that her store orders cases from hasbro and new force I believe, but she still goes to walmart to buy the store out of chase figures. Gee, i wonder what will happen to those? Not hard to figure out.

Just came from Van Nuys TRU looking for anything worthwhile with their but 2 get 1 free sale. Nothing new.
    The Kitty World store wasn't even open, and it is a mess of shelving inside. Somethings going on, cause it was bad a few weeks ago, and worse today. I don't see it lasting much longer.
    Last time I was there there was a card tournament starting. The man running it was clueless and made 3 kids leave the store if they didn't want to play. $5 bucks or leave.
    On a good note a new Circle K opened up where 7-11 was and it is a lot nicer.