Page 511 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 114114615015075085095105115125135145155215616111011 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 10356
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    If I remember:

AOTC - Different TRUs did and did not get the Royal Guard, Luminara, and Taun We which was in later assortment 3 repacks. I think they got everything else.

ROTS - TRU did not have the ARC-170 and I had to get that at Target in the morning. They also didn't have the ARC-170 pilots and the figures that were packaged around that assortment.

It all worked out fine, because it was less I had to immediately worry about at that particular instant.

But you know: I had everything released within probably 8 hours and barely any driving as Toys R Us and Target were off the same freeway exit.

This time, I live around the corner from a Target, but Wal-Mart will be open at midnight and has the best prices.
    Every time, Target and WM had later waves that TRU didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    OK guys, all of my collection is going to Toys for tots either this week or the next. So if you need to fills any holes let me know. I will sell for cheap. I'm not going to give the stuff away to you guys because you all can afford it, but I rather kids get the stuf for free. So Crunchy get a hold of me so you can get your stuff.
    WHOA!!! That is stunning. Are you not going to Comic-Con this year as well? I hate hearing about collectors kicking the habit... I mean, passing on the Force. (Yes, I know I'm like a lobster trying to pull you back into the trap, sorry .) If you don't mind me asking, what has precipitated this?

I'm looking for the 12" Jango Ultimate Villain, I think that's the only "hole" in my collection these days.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A friend just raided a pallet at a Wal-Mart in Lancaster and got me a set of the Legacy collection! He says they are now ringing at the register.

UPDATE: Nevermind, they gave him the "recall" excuse and took them away. When he called me, he thought they would ring because he had scanned them and the machine displayed the price. I told him "that doesn't mean they'll ring at the register!". Oh well, at least he got more GI Joe wave 9 at the same store and he'll pass me the BAT and the Snow Serpent.

Let me explain things:

1) Your relationships and marriages will not last. Your kids will rebel against you and estrange themselves eventually. They'll come back finally when they're in trouble.

2) Your career will most likely never give you permanent satisfaction. There is always crap going on with the workplace because it most likely depends upon other people, and they all have other crap going on in their lives.

3) Buying a wave runner (use allowed only during daylight hours and when the weather's to your preference), training in martial arts (most fun when there are others hanging around at the dojo waiting for you to beat them up), or even watching TV (pathetic, considering most of your programming choices) are never as accessable or fulfilling as having a Star Wars collection to reference about while posting online, to inventorize when you get a chance to dig into stuff you got some satisfaction from buying, etc. Star Wars is available at all times, in any weather, and DOES NOT have to be a completist obsession that you guys stress over.

Your life is going to suck and then your health will decline - all of you. It's just happened to me somewhat earlier.

Right now, you have Star Wars. It offers you a few more options (versus say...suicide - I have "my plan" just in case). You will always have Star Wars and it could be every bit as accessable as you need it to be.

Give it up - and you are more of a loser, your life sucks more, and really, you can buy a handgun and ammo with a credit card if you want to "do yourself in" anyway.

But I've considered this: we're also ALL going to die. Might as well take the perks you get here and now - and Star Wars is one of them or you wouldn't be here.

Don't give up your collection. You won't have anything else. Instead, enjoy it and adapt it to be that much less stressful (for you obsessive completists).

It's not worth crap as an investment and most of us on this site have everything you could offer anyway, but TO YOU, if you let it, your collection could be PRICELESS and it could SAVE YOUR LIFE as it saved mine.

That was meant to be inspirational, but with a possibly terminal illness, how inspirational do you expect me to be? C'mon guys. But I hope I made some sense.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well said, Tycho.

Couple of thoughts though...one reason to dump a collection which has no significant resale value is when you absolutely must downsize due to living arrangements. if you can't afford storage and you live in a small place, a large collection will have to be divided up somehow.

I am realizing this all the time, and my wife laughs at me every time I tell my kids they have enough toys and we aren't going to buy something every time we go to the store. What's the point in amassing a huge (1000's) collection that you can't display? The money I could have saved to put into my new house will now be lost to mass-produced plastic that I frankly don't care about that much. I am ready to dump a lot of my Hasbro stuff, especially prequel stuff. I went through the completionist period, and am ashamed that I did, especially when they aren't even worth face value anymore. Dumping Hasbro to focus on SS or GG is a good thing I think- but even with my modest GG collection, I'm just not interested in filling every shelf I have with a statue. Sometimes less is more. The fact that we've made it relatively easy to find everything (compared to kids who don't use the forums), means I can have instant gratification- but I think that I have suffered a bit because of it. If it's not hard to obtain something, you tend to buy things you might not really want- and then you just have it to have it. Personally, I'm keeping my vintage figures from childhood- they don't take up much room and they have a ton of sentimental value.

Just saw Dark Knight- what an awesome film. I wish I had seen it in a better theater, but am glad I didn't wait for DVD- that would be a disservice to the medium. It's nice to experience a work of art amid all the summer junk. I'm talking to you Indy 4! You sucked!! Not even Blu-ray with bonus features can save your sorry ***.

Thanks for your sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    Sometimes less is more.
    Exactly. While I want to do a lot of dioramas, I want to showcase the TOYS and not necessarily copy the silver screen which showcases LF's CGI. That's why 1 AT-TE is enough for Geonosis. You're going "Wow. That's a pretty neat vehicle," instead of "Wow. You really stacked them in there!"

And I totally agree with what Jango Speck said about The Dark Knight and in comparison to Indiana Jones. Dark Knight is so worth multiple viewings.

It's like a Star Wars film in that there's multiple-multiple parts I want to see over again -

Alright. This isn't the Batman thread. I just can't stop thinking about that movie!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wave 3 TF animated soundwave and oilslick are still stashed since yesterday at Target. I've added a Jazz today to the stash. Pm me if needed.

Spoiler Alert

DO NOT READ TYCHO'S POST!! It has Dark Knight spoilers.

Tycho, please delete the spoiler info from your last post!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jango Speck View Post
    DO NOT READ TYCHO'S POST!! It has Dark Knight spoilers.

Tycho, please delete the spoiler info from your last post!!
    OK. Edited. Thanks.

Whoops. I totally forgot about spoilers and my excitement has been so intense that someone I created a situation in my head where everyone's been out to see this film already. An emotional reaction to be sure.

Picked up the LEGO Hoth Rebel Base today at TRU. Missed it the first time around - Glad I didn't give in and pay Ebay prices for it. The store I went to had 5-6 on the shelf. Good times.

-Snags
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]