Page 515 of 1038 FirstFirst ... 154154655055115125135145155165175185195255656151015 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 10380

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Let me explain things:

1) Your relationships and marriages will not last. Your kids will rebel against you and estrange themselves eventually. They'll come back finally when they're in trouble.

2) Your career will most likely never give you permanent satisfaction. There is always crap going on with the workplace because it most likely depends upon other people, and they all have other crap going on in their lives.

3) Buying a wave runner (use allowed only during daylight hours and when the weather's to your preference), training in martial arts (most fun when there are others hanging around at the dojo waiting for you to beat them up), or even watching TV (pathetic, considering most of your programming choices) are never as accessable or fulfilling as having a Star Wars collection to reference about while posting online, to inventorize when you get a chance to dig into stuff you got some satisfaction from buying, etc. Star Wars is available at all times, in any weather, and DOES NOT have to be a completist obsession that you guys stress over.

Your life is going to suck and then your health will decline - all of you. It's just happened to me somewhat earlier.

Right now, you have Star Wars. It offers you a few more options (versus say...suicide - I have "my plan" just in case). You will always have Star Wars and it could be every bit as accessable as you need it to be.

Give it up - and you are more of a loser, your life sucks more, and really, you can buy a handgun and ammo with a credit card if you want to "do yourself in" anyway.

But I've considered this: we're also ALL going to die. Might as well take the perks you get here and now - and Star Wars is one of them or you wouldn't be here.

Don't give up your collection. You won't have anything else. Instead, enjoy it and adapt it to be that much less stressful (for you obsessive completists).

It's not worth crap as an investment and most of us on this site have everything you could offer anyway, but TO YOU, if you let it, your collection could be PRICELESS and it could SAVE YOUR LIFE as it saved mine.

That was meant to be inspirational, but with a possibly terminal illness, how inspirational do you expect me to be? C'mon guys. But I hope I made some sense.

I don't sense much sarcasm with your post Tycho.

I always thought that Star Wars was the dessert of life, not the main course of it. Yet your post suggests that collecting is everything, and life is secondary. Imagine we were all born 40 years before Star Wars. We simply would not have dessert. It would be a blander meal with not as much excitement. But if a cheeseburger was put on my plate dessert might not be as noticable as the meal.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    Imagine we were all born 40 years before Star Wars.
    If that were true, this would be SirStevesGuide to Hopalong Cassidy. I think the Hopalong merchandising machine rivaled that of Lucasfilm's.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Picked up the Hoth Recon Battle Pack at the Burbank/Empire Center Target.

Awesome, awesome set.

The three droids are all out standing repaints to be sure. Very happy. Very pleased with this one. And a heck of a deal at $19.99. Just awesome.

PS --- There was one left when I was there an hour or so ago. Also a lot of the drummer figs and a couple of Yarna's.

just got back from the con was there fri and sat. I wanted to pick up the cobra command and nemesis prime but the HTS booth line was to long. I pikced up the shadow gaurd from sideshow. If any of you guys are getting rid of vinyl figures from medicom, ill be more than happy to take them off your hands. Also got couple of kubricks. Went to the MM in San Diego and picked up the huge tank and couple of clones. It was really organized they kept on bringing box after box after box. It was pretty fun but tiring as well. Now im broke.

I bought Padme Evolutions at Target this morning. I also saw Darth Bane for my first time.

They didn't have any pilot Evolutions from either faction, but they did have The Force Unleashed guys and the Mandalorians (Fetts). And I think they had the Jedi (Luke NJO, Baltar Swan).

All the figures they had were either Legacy Legends or Animated. No new Build-A-Droid figures. They could have been wiped out in the morning though. I got to go about noon.

They had 1-2 AT-TEs btw, but I didn't see any Millennium Falcons - though I forgot to look on the risers. Maybe they had other SW endcaps, too. I saw 3 SW Endcaps myself: Lego, Roleplay, Animated Figures / Evolutions / Galactic Heroes Battle Packs.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I stashed the following at La Brea Target, all in various locations of course - Hoth Recon set (the one with the Probot), Batman Begins Movie Master, Transformers Animated Snarl, Jazz and Soundwave. PM me if you want any of these.

I'm still on the lookout for Yarna and the Ewoks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    I don't sense much sarcasm with your post Tycho.
    Yeah. I was pretty serious. And just brutally direct at how far I went to drive home my point.

I always thought that Star Wars was the dessert of life, not the main course of it. Yet your post suggests that collecting is everything, and life is secondary.
    No. Collecting isn't everything. But it adds something to our lives that can't be taken away from us or even regulated to a certain time of day - like you have to enjoy a boating hobby during the daylight hours (mostly). It also is not so dependant on other people - like your wives - whose moods, loyalty, and patience can change and never be something you can really control. Not that you're supposed to control another person, but I think you SHOULD be in control of your own hobby - and not let it control you (like with obsessive completism).

Imagine we were all born 40 years before Star Wars. We simply would not have dessert. It would be a blander meal with not as much excitement. But if a cheeseburger was put on my plate dessert might not be as noticable as the meal.

We wouldn't have cell phones for the longest part of our lives, nor know what to do with "that Intrawebs thing."

Human life in the Western industrialized world keeps getting richer all the time. We are fortunate to have what we do - Star Wars included. But I would definitely say life was blander and held less excitement in the past, as recently as our parents' generation. Look at your own progenitors and you'll see: it'd suck to be them!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Anyone spotted GI JOE comic packs wave 5? The 3 new ones are: Falcon/ Nemesis Enforcer, Destro/ Iron Grenadier, Tripwire/ Cobra commander...

for the at-te does anyone know how to open the side panals. there seems to be a lot of resistance for the top door. the bottom doors opens fine. Hasbro's constuctions are not to clear. is there a button to press or do i force the door open. thanks

I had a great time at SDCC this year. I got back this afternoon, just in time to beat the traffic. I ran into so many friends this time, it was great. Let's see, what were my highlights?

Getting a Blue Cobra Commander by some stroke of luck Friday afternoon.

Midnight Madness at WM w/ Tycho. (That was one smooth operation - friendly stockers and about 6 other people.)

Checking out the new GI Joe stuff at Hasbro...very impressed with that line.

Uncle Fester sighting (Snags will get this one.)

It was just a great year all around. My feet are killing me, but it was worth it.