Page 518 of 1036 FirstFirst ... 184184685085145155165175185195205215225285686181018 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 10360
    The girls at Burbank Hooters were terrible for the first couple years. You're much better off going to the Pasadena location.

I got home tonight to find my MM Chewie face down on my desk. No other damage, which is great since I was about to move all my statues this weekend.

My "new" house is costing me a fortune in emergency re-do's for plumbing, electric, etc., so I maybe unloading some exclusive statues on the Bay for as much profit as possible. If you guys find my auctions, please don't hate me- I need money badly and GG stuff is the only thing I have to make quick cash right now- that and selling my Wii. I'm actually thinking of returning all of my midnight madness purchases as well- I hope this isn't the end of collecting for me, but it might be a major slimming down for the time being. Too bad Hasbro stuff has no resell value...

My house made it through unscathed. Wife and kids were unharmed.

Hey... do any of you guys want free SDCC Hasbro exclusives?

Then stop by GalacticBinder.com and enter!

We're giving away a Gree Mighty Mugg and a Disturbance in the Force set. You can enter once per day as usual. While others "flip" we just keep giving stuff away.....

http://www.galacticbinder.com

Mace is officially dead. He was the first figure i saw on the ground, and he's never fallen before. It's funny b/c he (TAC mold) was posed with office Palpy in a duel. Lol. I slept thru the quake. Musta been tired. Then i heard it was a 5.6. A lot of figs who haven't fallen, fell including some clones in the gunship in my living room. Ultimate BB didn't fall, neither did MP prime & SS. Lol.
    I don't know what wave but there were new joes at the Glendale gall. target. Torpedo, etc.
    Figrin Bran - i met a bunch of rebel scummers & crunchy, but missed ya. Shoulda met tycho, TW and everyone else too. Maybe we can do a CW movie premier group. That'd be fun.

o ya, how could i forget? I got my Rex in the mail today (maybe yesterday but didnt chk mail) and got my TRU Holo Grievous excl. tonite for $0.24!! It was this price due to the difference in tax between SD and LA. I bought all my stuff at MM in SD and showed them the receipt, it was well over a bill anyway. (darn AT-TE!)

crunchy - u have a pm
    Last edited by bikerscout; 07-30-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout View Post
    Mace is officially dead. He was the first figure i saw on the ground, and he's never fallen before. It's funny b/c he (TAC mold) was posed with office Palpy in a duel. Lol. I slept thru the quake. Musta been tired. Then i heard it was a 5.6. A lot of figs who haven't fallen, fell including some clones in the gunship in my living room. Ultimate BB didn't fall, neither did MP prime & SS. Lol.
    I don't know what wave but there were new joes at the Glendale gall. target. Torpedo, etc.
    Figrin Bran - i met a bunch of rebel scummers & crunchy, but missed ya. Shoulda met tycho, TW and everyone else too. Maybe we can do a CW movie premier group. That'd be fun.

o ya, how could i forget? I got my Rex in the mail today (maybe yesterday but didnt chk mail) and got my TRU Holo Grievous excl. tonite for $0.24!! It was this price due to the difference in tax between SD and LA. I bought all my stuff at MM in SD and showed them the receipt, it was well over a bill anyway. (darn AT-TE!)

crunchy - u have a pm
    dude, I didn't see any Scummers except for Snags, whom I knew already.

I didn't see any of you and I know most of you in person and was there 4 days.

Heh, the quake knocked down my MM Chewie, too, here at work. He was on top of the animation desk behind me, with X-Men Classics/Legends Archangel (sans wings) in front of him, so both fell, knocked over my JLU 10" Bats & WW, most of my Bumblebee mini-shrine, New Frontier Supes, and and Movie Starscream. So it was just a chain reaction, really... strange that MM Iron Man stayed upright, guess Chewie's bowcaster was enough to tip the balance.

SDCC was crazy! Only saw Swabie while doing the Crowd Shuffle through one of those hellish "every booth has something to draw a huge line" areas near the F doors. Heard a familiar voice, and there he was shuffling along next to me! Good seein ya!

Never bothered getting into the Hasbro line. It was always full, I was only remotely interested in the blue Cobra Commander which was already sold out (heard some horror stories of tons of vendors filling the line on Preview Night and a complete lack of limits, with at least one person making off with dozens of CASES of some items).

Picked up one Grayskull, and it turned out to be the statue variant!

Hit Burbank Target this morning at 9am, not much there so I did my part & bought a CW R2 and Clone Trooper, along with Legacy Gree (for the droid part, so I don't have to buy that crappy Han). The CW figures are pretty fun, though I'll wait on the STAP BP for Anakin, and probably get Obi-Wan in his 212th BP.

Found the G.I. Joe wave 5 comic packs at Sherman Oaks Target this morning and lucked out and got the Black head Destro. There was one set of the comic packs still there when i left this morning. They did not get any new Star Wars figs in today.

Quote Originally Posted by toonimator View Post
    Picked up one Grayskull, and it turned out to be the statue variant!

When I went to buy my King Grayskull at the Mattel booth, I was telling the nice ladies at the cashiers that I was hoping to get the statue/bronze variant. They told me that some other customer came back very upset because he had opened his and got the variant. He was angry because he didn't get a "colored one".
    Arrrggghh!! Some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    When I went to buy my King Grayskull at the Mattel booth, I was telling the nice ladies at the cashiers that I was hoping to get the statue/bronze variant. They told me that some other customer came back very upset because he had opened his and got the variant. He was angry because he didn't get a "colored one".
    Arrrggghh!! Some people.
    That was my friend. My friend and I each bought one and we both got Bronze. I don't really care about bronze, but I kept it and my friend went back to buy another one, so he could get color and got a bronze one again! some may call it good luck, but for someone who wants to display a regular version, it was a little annoying spending about $100 and not getting one.

Work has been a bear seeing as how I keep leaving on vacation and coming back, but SDCC was really awesome. I got to meet several of my heroes (J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, Bob Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Jeff Pinkner, Bryan Burk, and... most of their assistants ) I also got a really good haul of exclusives, although I have to say - I don't think that's James Earl Jones' voice on the Vader platform thingy. Anyone else notice that? Since the Millennium Falcon uses the original voices, you'd think that wouldn't have been such a difficult thing to do for the SDCC exclusive. But then again, maybe.

Anyway, what'd I miss? I picked up a handful of the first wave of droid factory figures, as well as one of the IG 88 lancer droids, but the rest seem harder to find. Which stores have had the best selection? I tried Target and TRU.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!