Page 528 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 284284785185245255265275285295305315325385786281028 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 10424
    Covina TRU had quite a few Holo Grievouses about a week and a half ago. But I don't know about now. I wasn't too interested.

By the way, I don't get the whole 1st Day sticker thing. That's pretty silly to me, seeing as you can easily just peel away stickers and affix them to a figure you want to be 1st Day. I did that by taking a sticker from a figure I opened and just put it on an extra Rex, just for the heck of it. You can't tell the difference.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    Covina TRU had quite a few Holo Grievouses about a week and a half ago. But I don't know about now. I wasn't too interested.

By the way, I don't get the whole 1st Day sticker thing. That's pretty silly to me, seeing as you can easily just peel away stickers and affix them to a figure you want to be 1st Day. I did that by taking a sticker from a figure I opened and just put it on an extra Rex, just for the heck of it. You can't tell the difference.
    I agree however, the STAR WARS logo is in neon blue rather than flat blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mvader91 View Post
    I agree however, the STAR WARS logo is in neon blue rather than flat blue.
    Funny, I didn't even notice that. Maybe cause I'm an opener I don't really notice things like that too much.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Who wants to meet Slicker? (and me?)

Slick's in San Diego for about a week longer. I can drive him up to LA on SATURDAY and meet up with some of you guys.

Maybe we could wear HEADPHONES and dress like PLUMBERS, hit your stores at opening, but forget the DIRTY SANCHEZ part!

No - actually, I don't see us getting up to LA until about noon, but it'd be cool to introduce him to some of you guys that I've met (Turbowars, CrunchyNug, FigrinBran, El Chuxter, Stillakid, Blue Snaggletoothe, JediTricks, etc.) and nice to meet many of you who I've never yet met.

In this "environment," but also with my tiredness and low tolerance, it also might be one of the few times I'd drive up to LA myself, but this way we'd have a "backup driver," just in case I got pretty tired - and maybe one of you would even want to show us around town, as I don't really know LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Who wants to meet Slicker? (and me?)

Slick's in San Diego for about a week longer. I can drive him up to LA on SATURDAY and meet up with some of you guys.

Maybe we could wear HEADPHONES and dress like PLUMBERS, hit your stores at opening, but forget the DIRTY SANCHEZ part!

No - actually, I don't see us getting up to LA until about noon, but it'd be cool to introduce him to some of you guys that I've met (Turbowars, CrunchyNug, FigrinBran, El Chuxter, Stillakid, Blue Snaggletoothe, JediTricks, etc.) and nice to meet many of you who I've never yet met.

In this "environment," but also with my tiredness and low tolerance, it also might be one of the few times I'd drive up to LA myself, but this way we'd have a "backup driver," just in case I got pretty tired - and maybe one of you would even want to show us around town, as I don't really know LA.
    Toy run??!

Check this out.

My boss had invited me to attend a seminar on Editing systems (since that's what I do) over the weekend with him. Now he's been known to be a bit of a practical joker in the past, but I had no idea what was in store for me.

We met at the Renaissance Hotel in the Hollywood X Highland complex around 3:00. He shows up and says, "We're a bit early for the conference, you want to walk around the mall for a bit?"

I follow him to the Mann Theatre when he says, "I just have to pop in and grab some movie tix for a screening I have later tonight with a client."

I follow him in and stand in line with him for some VIP thing where everyone is getting wanded at a security checkpoint. The ushers are walking around telling everyone that cellphones will not be permitted inside the theatre. I didn't think anything of it until I saw a group of kids run by waving lightsabers.

Once we make it to the front of the line, we are asked to show our ID's and our names were checked off of a list...which just happened to have the words LUCASFILM on the top.

There was no Editing seminar. There were no Editors walking around. He had just gained me access to the premier of Clone Wars!!!

WOW. You won't get any spoilers from me, unless you really want to know, but I just had to share. What a cool boss huh?

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyNug View Post
    There was no Editing seminar. There were no Editors walking around. He had just gained me access to the premier of Clone Wars!!!

WOW. You won't get any spoilers from me, unless you really want to know, but I just had to share. What a cool boss huh?
    Dude, your boss is awesome.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Check this out.

My boss had invited me to attend a seminar on Editing systems (since that's what I do) over the weekend with him. Now he's been known to be a bit of a practical joker in the past, but I had no idea what was in store for me.

We met at the Renaissance Hotel in the Hollywood X Highland complex around 3:00. He shows up and says, "We're a bit early for the conference, you want to walk around the mall for a bit?"

I follow him to the Mann Theatre when he says, "I just have to pop in and grab some movie tix for a screening I have later tonight with a client."

I follow him in and stand in line with him for some VIP thing where everyone is getting wanded at a security checkpoint. The ushers are walking around telling everyone that cellphones will not be permitted inside the theatre. I didn't think anything of it until I saw a group of kids run by waving lightsabers.

Once we make it to the front of the line, we are asked to show our ID's and our names were checked off of a list...which just happened to have the words LUCASFILM on the top.

Very nice!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Check this out.

Wow! Cool boss indeed!